(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

It looks like a room discount. Here is what someone posted:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DoctorWhoGirl

DoctorWhoGirl Mouseketeer

Just booked our Oct 2013 stay at the WL!! This will be our first time at a deluxe, and I am soooo excited. Not sure if my boys are more excited about going for MNSSH or the bunk bed at the WL. Now to cross my fingers for free dining....

4. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

Congratulations! Your boys should have a great time there. We were there for free dining this September and loved it so much we booked a bounceback for next year.

5. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Welcome! Yes, you would need to book a Courtyard View room. The "Bear Face" rooms are are located on the 4th and 5th floors and are odd numbered from 4067-4079 and 5067-5069. You could just have that request placed in your reservation, but I don't know which ones, if any have bunks. I hope you have a wonderful birthday trip!

Welcome, katmg! There are both Standard View and Woods View rooms. I'm going to assume you're asking about a Woods View room? Some guests like to request a high floor in the North Wing so that they can see some of Wishes.

Thanks for your WL TR, WellingtonR.

Welcome back! Yes, the Deluxes do spoil you and you definitely need to go back to do more resort-only days;)

Yep, you'll want to go back - so just plan on that now.

Thanks, bluecastle for reminding all of us of the birthday of the man who made all this possible:goodvibes

Welcome, DoctorWhoGirl! I hope your FD comes through:)

6. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! I think I'll go ahead and book a Courtyard View room and forget about the bunk beds. We've had a bunk bed room several timesin the past, my kids even had bunk beds in their room at home at one point, they really don't have to have them on vacation. I think the odds would be better if I didn't book bunk bed.

This will be our 6th stay at the lodge. It's our favorite resort in WDW, and no other place feels like "home". We are currently booked at POR, but my heart is calling for WL, especially since it's a birthday trip. We've been twice for our children's birthdays and have always stayed at WL for those special trips. Just can't NOT stay there this time. I should hang out on this thread more often. I'd feel so at home with all these WL lovers!

7. Bee2u

Bee2u ImJustBeeNme

Just booked my first solo trip for Jan. 2 - 5. :cool1: I agree that WL feels like home - it will be great to be back there! (Stayed at POR last month. It was nice, but isn't 'home')

8. CaliKT

CaliKT Mouseketeer

Two more sleeps! TWO MORE SLEEPS!

9. WDWKOOK

You're welcome and pull up a rocker here anytime, Denise:)

What a great way to start the New Year, Bee2u!

:yay:

10. katmg

katmg Mouseketeer

Thanks WDWKOOK! That's a great idea!

11. EmmaMagsMom

EmmaMagsMom Mouseketeer

Exciting!!!! Have a great trip

12. summerrluvv

summerrluvv <font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f

Soon, soon! :banana::banana: The weather looks HOT in the next coming days! Wasn't preparing for that at all! Have to re-evaluate what I'm bringing!! I had gloves, hats, thermals, etc. ready to go :laughing:

13. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

A year from now I'll be ready to go...:cool2:
    Still hoping the Seven Dwarfs Mine will be open...:bitelip:::yes::
    The Grand Opening of New Fantasyland was today...:yay:

14. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I know...so jealous I'm not there right now. Ha. Was here for Cars Land opening. I love being part of that stuff! Oh well.

15. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

Tomorrow it will be a year until our trip. We are staying at WL for the first part of a split stay in a courtyard view.

16. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

Right now it's snowing here, has been for hours, it's cold and predicted to get really cold tonight. So it's good I can look at some nice pictures here and dream of sitting by the pool in the sun with a nice cool drink....:beach:

Hmmmmmmmmmm :goodvibes

17. Meredisney

Meredisney DIS Veteran

Does anyone happen to know the December schedule for movies under the stars? I'm sure I missed in somewhere in this thread. Thanks!!

18. WDWKOOK

You're welcome!

You just never know in December in Central FL - when the sun sets it can get real chilly and some days can be as well. I'd skip the thermals though;)

:goodvibes

Only 6 months till ADR day!

Brrrr... Stay warm and think happy and warm Disney thoughts!

:welcome:On the first page of the thread, post #1, I have a link to the most current calendar, however, the December calendar has not yet been publicly posted. Keep checking the link - the December calendar will hopefully be posted soon.

19. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

Hopefully the MVMCP schedule will be out by then because we need that info to determine our schedule for the week to be able to book our ADRs. We can work things around the CP since it is every evening but the parties at MK are only on certain evenings and that is a big priority for us since our last trip was Thanksgiving Week 2011 when parties aren't held.

20. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I think for the most part the party days are usually the same days of the week, so you may (me too!) be able to guess-timate when the party days will be. Obviously, it would be better to know for sure, but I think Disney is usually pretty consistent.

21. lsumommaof4

lsumommaof4 Mouseketeer

A couple of questions for the Wikipedia Disney people:

Do the deluxe rooms have theme park views?

Are there high chairs available in the OFC area, or should I pack one?

Do most of the deluxe rooms have the connecting door in them? My husband hates these.

Can you bring the "wine" to go? My husband will be attending a seminar for some of the days and after bringing our 5 kids to the parks all day it would be nice to have some wine after the kids go to bed.

How far are the rooms from the OFC? I know they are not on the same floor so I am trying to see if it's going to be a journey to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.