1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

The villas had them when we went in September!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Our room had it in August ::yes::

4. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Yes, tap and go :)

5. luvallprincesses

luvallprincesses DIS Veteran

According to allears:

"All rugs and furniture in the lobby at Wilderness Lodge were replaced when this year's Christmas tree was brought in and set up."

Really? All new furniture and rugs? Did anyone who was/is there notice? An improvement or equal replacement?

6. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

I have never stayed here before this week..,the lobby looks great to me...I love the high back chairs :)

7. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Awww, you're very welcome. So great to read that you had a wonderful visit to WDW and WL and thank you for posting your mini TR. We'd love to see some of your view photos:goodvibes

PSULion mentions a couple above, but it's usually best not to request a specific number in case that room isn't available. You could mention the room number as an example along with a short description such as: "North Wing, high floor."

:wave:Nice to see you!

You're going to love it - time to start packing:)

:thumbsup2

:wave:

What happened to January? Never mind, I bet I need to take a look at your TR or the RC thread:hug: (hangs head in shame:flower3:). I can't believe with all your trips it's been two years since you all went as a family - is that even possible:confused3

You're going to love the Old Faithful Club, flea1267! We were last there in August and April and it was terrific. The wonderful manager, Randy, is currently on a temporary assignment, but should be back by April, before you check-in.

I have all the menus and photos of much of the CL food posted on the first page. Let us know if you have any other questions:goodvibes

Thank you for posting that information. I couldn't find it in yesterday's AllEars newsletter. Where did you see it?

8. pas130

I know....crazy...2011 we did GF/MK...my bad I forgot. Then May we did Pop but never made it to the parks...but our last WDW trip...was FWC 2009 ...yep the kids haven't been to Epcot/DHS since then...we stayed AKL 2010 but again a resort only trip...it is time~ :thumbsup2

DH had a minimeltdown without me being home for 3 nights, I cannot in good conscience leave him in January :guilty:

9. WDWKOOK

Well, I missed it the first time:blush:, but after a more careful re-reading, I see in the latest AllEars newsletter that it does indeed mention the replacement of rugs and furniture in the lobby of WL. (Thanks again luvallprincesses). In fact, the blurb comes right after this:

The price of refillable mugs at the Walt Disney World resorts has increased to $15.49.

Could you have a boys-only trip in January or just take His Royal Minimeltdown to your RC Meet?

If the kids haven't been to Epcot since '09, does this mean they don't even know about Duffy Bear or have they seen him in the shops?

10. WDWKOOK

Also in the latest AllEars newsletter:

On select dates in November and December 2012, Disney Vacation Club members are eligible for free admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach after 2 p.m. Eligible dates are: Thursday, November 29; Thursday, December 6; Thursday, December 13. A DVC member ID card must be presented at the park gate. Free admission is provided to the cardholder and up to four guests. Advance registration is not available. Additionally, free refreshments will be provided to attendees at the park's Lottawatta Lounge. Note that the park is scheduled to close at 5 p.m. on the listed dates.

11. traceyw

traceyw Mouseketeer

Do they provide toiletries (e.g., shampoo, conditioner, lotion)? Hoping they do so that I don't need to pack any. It's been about 4 years since I stayed at WL and I can't remember. TIA!

12. TinkPirateMom

TinkPirateMom DIS Veteran

So if we loved WL (which we truly did) will we automatically love VWL??I'm not sure exactly when we can go back but I'm thinking my Mom will come with us and we may need to do a villa.

13. WDWKOOK

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I'm thankful for all the wonderful posters we have here :grouphug:

Welcome to the thread! Yes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, liquid soap and bar soap is still provided at all WDW resorts. Recently, they changed to the grapefruit H2O+:

[​IMG]

14. EmmaMagsMom

EmmaMagsMom Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving Kook and to everyone else. Wonderful board!

15. traceyw

traceyw Mouseketeer

Awesome! Thanks!

16. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

2 bar soaps...one for the sink, one for the town

17. islandtimect

islandtimect DIS Veteran

The villas include shampoo, shower gel, bar soaps and conditioner. No lotions atleast not when using points. .

18. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

... Not for the town, for the tub!!

19. islandtimect

islandtimect DIS Veteran

Yes, you will! We're DVC owners and just got back from our 2nd stay at VWL. The lobby is smaller and less grand than the main building, but is still very cozy and beautiful. There are wood carvings of animals that are low enough on the ceiling that you can see the details. There's fireplaces and relaxing seating in the lobby and special room off of it. You can still hang out in the main lobby and use all the amenities in the main building. The buses are close to the villas too. I would have attached a photo of the Xmas tree in the lobby but can't figure it out.

20. TinkPirateMom

TinkPirateMom DIS Veteran

Thank you! We did briefly visit the lobby and pool over at the Villas. I really liked how quiet and cozy that lobby was. My son didn't let me visit long though. He was ready to keep it moving, lol!

21. pas130

Thanks for the new RC sticker KOOK :hug:

And Happy Thanksgiving!!

DH REALLY wants another couple trip :goodvibes, I explained how long it's been...I had to break out pics to make my point...

Yep, the kiddos do not know Duffy Bear...:faint:

I keep telling DH ALL the new stuff..FLE ...Test Track..the new Splash area and zero entry at the Courtyard Pool at GF ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.