(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to allears:

"All rugs and furniture in the lobby at Wilderness Lodge were replaced when this year's Christmas tree was brought in and set up."

Really? All new furniture and rugs? Did anyone who was/is there notice? An improvement or equal replacement?

Just returned from our first stay at Wilderness Lodge and I want to say a huge THANK-YOU for this thread!!

Based on advice received here I requested an upper floor in the north wing (woods view). We got room 6032 and it was AWESOME. With two little ones we were back in the room early most nights and we got to watch the MK fireworks from our balcony every night. It was fantastic!!

My mom was next door in 6034, and it was like someone removed one tree so she had a perfect unobstructed view of the castle. Awesome!!

We also loved being right by the elevator and Roaring Forks... Made coffee and snack runs so easy. And of course the pool was right there too.

We absolutely loved the location and never would have made any request without this thread. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Awww, you're very welcome. So great to read that you had a wonderful visit to WDW and WL and thank you for posting your mini TR. We'd love to see some of your view photos:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the info and pics! I'm so excited! Are there specific room numbers for the woods view bunk bed rooms? :confused3
PSULion mentions a couple above, but it's usually best not to request a specific number in case that room isn't available. You could mention the room number as an example along with a short description such as: "North Wing, high floor."

:wave2: Hi .... just stopping by for a little Lodge fix. :thumbsup2
:wave:Nice to see you!

Just completed my online check-in for our stay 11/28-12/4! Our first at the WL and our first visiting WDW during the Xmas season! Getting excited! :cool1:
You're going to love it - time to start packing:)

Hahaha...gotta love it!! I do the same nearly every day!! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

:wave:

;) For August I am thinking of WDW/Beach instead of WDW/US/Beach...we haven't gotten to really have WDW time since 2010...as a family at least!!! WL/GF split would be perfecto :goodvibes
What happened to January? Never mind, I bet I need to take a look at your TR or the RC thread:hug: (hangs head in shame:flower3:). I can't believe with all your trips it's been two years since you all went as a family - is that even possible:confused3

Has anyone stayed recently on the Club Level? I booked it yesterday for our August trip and we are so excited! Lord Willing we will be CL at the WL in 263 days but who's counting...LOL :goodvibes
You're going to love the Old Faithful Club, flea1267! We were last there in August and April and it was terrific. The wonderful manager, Randy, is currently on a temporary assignment, but should be back by April, before you check-in.

Thanks so much for your reply!!! My son is beside himself about this ;) We have been blessed to stay CL at the Boardwalk and the Contemporary (due to a friend's generosity) pixiedust: So I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! Do you remember what sorts of selections they had food wise?
I have all the menus and photos of much of the CL food posted on the first page. Let us know if you have any other questions:goodvibes

According to allears:

"All rugs and furniture in the lobby at Wilderness Lodge were replaced when this year's Christmas tree was brought in and set up."

Really? All new furniture and rugs? Did anyone who was/is there notice? An improvement or equal replacement?
Thank you for posting that information. I couldn't find it in yesterday's AllEars newsletter. Where did you see it?

What happened to January? Never mind, I bet I need to take a look at your TR or the RC thread:hug: (hangs head in shame:flower3:). I can't believe with all your trips it's been two years since you all went as a family - is that even possible:confused3

I know....crazy...2011 we did GF/MK...my bad I forgot. Then May we did Pop but never made it to the parks...but our last WDW trip...was FWC 2009 ...yep the kids haven't been to Epcot/DHS since then...we stayed AKL 2010 but again a resort only trip...it is time~ :thumbsup2

DH had a minimeltdown without me being home for 3 nights, I cannot in good conscience leave him in January :guilty:

Well, I missed it the first time:blush:, but after a more careful re-reading, I see in the latest AllEars newsletter that it does indeed mention the replacement of rugs and furniture in the lobby of WL. (Thanks again luvallprincesses). In fact, the blurb comes right after this:

The price of refillable mugs at the Walt Disney World resorts has increased to $15.49.

I know....crazy...2011 we did GF/MK...my bad I forgot. Then May we did Pop but never made it to the parks...but our last WDW trip...was FWC 2009 ...yep the kids haven't been to Epcot/DHS since then...we stayed AKL 2010 but again a resort only trip...it is time~ :thumbsup2

DH had a minimeltdown without me being home for 3 nights, I cannot in good conscience leave him in January :guilty:
Could you have a boys-only trip in January or just take His Royal Minimeltdown to your RC Meet?

If the kids haven't been to Epcot since '09, does this mean they don't even know about Duffy Bear or have they seen him in the shops?

Also in the latest AllEars newsletter:

On select dates in November and December 2012, Disney Vacation Club members are eligible for free admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach after 2 p.m. Eligible dates are: Thursday, November 29; Thursday, December 6; Thursday, December 13. A DVC member ID card must be presented at the park gate. Free admission is provided to the cardholder and up to four guests. Advance registration is not available. Additionally, free refreshments will be provided to attendees at the park's Lottawatta Lounge. Note that the park is scheduled to close at 5 p.m. on the listed dates.

Do they provide toiletries (e.g., shampoo, conditioner, lotion)? Hoping they do so that I don't need to pack any. It's been about 4 years since I stayed at WL and I can't remember. TIA!

So if we loved WL (which we truly did) will we automatically love VWL??I'm not sure exactly when we can go back but I'm thinking my Mom will come with us and we may need to do a villa.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I'm thankful for all the wonderful posters we have here :grouphug:

Do they provide toiletries (e.g., shampoo, conditioner, lotion)? Hoping they do so that I don't need to pack any. It's been about 4 years since I stayed at WL and I can't remember. TIA!
Welcome to the thread! Yes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, liquid soap and bar soap is still provided at all WDW resorts. Recently, they changed to the grapefruit H2O+:

IMG_2188-1.jpg

WDWKOOK said:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I'm thankful for all the wonderful posters we have here :grouphug:

Welcome to the thread! Yes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, liquid soap and bar soap is still provided at all WDW resorts. Recently, they changed to the grapefruit H2O+:

Happy Thanksgiving Kook and to everyone else. Wonderful board!

IMG_2188-1.jpg

Awesome! Thanks!

traceyw said:

2 bar soaps...one for the sink, one for the town

So if we loved WL (which we truly did) will we automatically love VWL??I'm not sure exactly when we can go back but I'm thinking my Mom will come with us and we may need to do a villa.

Yes, you will! We're DVC owners and just got back from our 2nd stay at VWL. The lobby is smaller and less grand than the main building, but is still very cozy and beautiful. There are wood carvings of animals that are low enough on the ceiling that you can see the details. There's fireplaces and relaxing seating in the lobby and special room off of it. You can still hang out in the main lobby and use all the amenities in the main building. The buses are close to the villas too. I would have attached a photo of the Xmas tree in the lobby but can't figure it out.

Yes, you will! We're DVC owners and just got back from our 2nd stay at VWL. The lobby is smaller and less grand than the main building, but is still very cozy and beautiful. There are wood carvings of animals that are low enough on the ceiling that you can see the details. There's fireplaces and relaxing seating in the lobby and special room off of it. You can still hang out in the main lobby and use all the amenities in the main building. The buses are close to the villas too. I would have attached a photo of the Xmas tree in the lobby but can't figure it out.

Thank you! We did briefly visit the lobby and pool over at the Villas. I really liked how quiet and cozy that lobby was. My son didn't let me visit long though. He was ready to keep it moving, lol!

Could you have a boys-only trip in January or just take His Royal Minimeltdown to your RC Meet?

If the kids haven't been to Epcot since '09, does this mean they don't even know about Duffy Bear or have they seen him in the shops?

Thanks for the new RC sticker KOOK :hug:

And Happy Thanksgiving!!

DH REALLY wants another couple trip :goodvibes, I explained how long it's been...I had to break out pics to make my point...

Yep, the kiddos do not know Duffy Bear...:faint:

I keep telling DH ALL the new stuff..FLE ...Test Track..the new Splash area and zero entry at the Courtyard Pool at GF ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter