(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting so excited! Just over 2 weeks for our fist stay at WL(Ticker's off by a day since we added a day to the beginning)!! We booked a Standard room and my only request was for a standard bunk bed if available. We figure we likely won't get one, but why not ask.

We're staying for 10 days which is 2 days longer than our last trip. We're planning on hitting Flower and Garden and SWW. We're just a little nervous about crowds as our last trip was in September and we were able to walk on almost everything. Just can't wait!!

So excited about going Deluxe as our last trip was at CSR and I felt everything was way too spread out for my taste. Although the kids did love the pool, I'm sure they'll love this one too.

I'm getting so excited! Just over 2 weeks for our fist stay at WL(Ticker's off by a day since we added a day to the beginning)!! We booked a Standard room and my only request was for a standard bunk bed if available. We figure we likely won't get one, but why not ask.

We're staying for 10 days which is 2 days longer than our last trip. We're planning on hitting Flower and Garden and SWW. We're just a little nervous about crowds as our last trip was in September and we were able to walk on almost everything. Just can't wait!!

So excited about going Deluxe as our last trip was at CSR and I felt everything was way too spread out for my taste. Although the kids did love the pool, I'm sure they'll love this one too.

You are going to LOVE the compactness of the WL!! The pool is nice too. Nothing too fancy but relaxing and my kids loved it! :thumbsup2

PiF (Paid in Full ) dancing guy for you!!! (He only comes out on special occasions:snooty:)
:dancer:

Just curious, how does one process 114 gift cards? Did you have to type in 114 numbers? Smart of you using those and getting the gift card purchase discount (is it 5%?). The CM surely meant the villas were all booked;)

Make sure you take LOTS of photos of your kiddo so you can compare them for years to come:)

I had to call and do it.... I called every few days and gave 7-10 card #s to the cm. The 5% discount will at least (almost) cover one of our dining plans.

Are those Cusinart coffee makers only for CL?
No, they are in all the rooms. We had them in our woods view room. :)

I have another question. I booked standard view b/c that's what I can afford right now but I noticed from the map they don't have many standards.
Anyway my question is when I check in and ask how much an upgrade to courtyard would cost would I pay the full difference or do they kinda cut you a deal on the cost of the difference? I ve never done that before so I wasn't sure if it worked like DCL..
My daughter booked standard view and got a free upgrade to woods view without asking for it. But if you asked for an upgrade to courtyard then I would guess they will charge you the full cost. I'm not sure if CM's are allowed to make up their own prices. :confused3

One more question the rooms that open to the lobby does that mean they don't have outside balconies?
The rooms that open to the lobby also have balconies. The doors to the room are in the hallway, just like any room. The difference is that instead of another room across the hall, you would have the open lobby. :)

I swear I belong on the Resort changers thread! For our summer trip I have changed my mind four times.

We now have a courtyard view booked at the WL. I think this will be my last change for this trip as I have always wanted to stay at the WL and never got there!

This is also our second DH and I only trip! Excited about that too!

Now I am off to read this thread....thanks already to those who have posted.

No, they are in all the rooms. We had them in our woods view room. :)

My daughter booked standard view and got a free upgrade to woods view without asking for it. But if you asked for an upgrade to courtyard then I would guess they will charge you the full cost. I'm not sure if CM's are allowed to make up their own prices. :confused3

The rooms that open to the lobby also have balconies. The doors to the room are in the hallway, just like any room. The different is that instead of another room across the hall, you would have the open lobby. :)

Well that's not what meant :goodvibes I didn't know if its like DCL where they have different rates at check in.

Ive had clients and also seen other guests at check in ask if there were other categories open to upgrade to and the rate there (at port) are half of what it was initially. ;)

If they upgrade that's great otherwise I don't mind paying the extra.. Was just curious how it went..

We booked a Virgin package from the UK last trip(2011), and were only able to book woods view, when we checked in I asked if we could upgrade to courtyard(fully expecting to be charged, had budgeted for the extra) and we were upgraded for free, to a ground floor courtyard room. Maybe these are less popular and there were more available, but we loved our room, about 20 steps from Roaring Forks! Brilliant room! This year we have been able to book courtyard, if we can't get the elusive Bearface I may request the same room, really handy for the dock too!

Your trip is coming up soon! It's so exciting to add a day up front so you get there sooner:goodvibes. I think you and your family will love WL:beach:

One more question the rooms that open to the lobby does that mean they don't have outside balconies?
This question was answered well by Wood Nymph, so I'm just making sure any lurkers:tiptoe: know that all WL rooms have a balcony (or a patio if they're on the ground floor.)

I swear I belong on the Resort changers thread! For our summer trip I have changed my mind four times.

We now have a courtyard view booked at the WL. I think this will be my last change for this trip as I have always wanted to stay at the WL and never got there!

This is also our second DH and I only trip! Excited about that too!

Now I am off to read this thread....thanks already to those who have posted.
Welcome fellow RC! I think this should be your last change, too, but from my own experience:rolleyes1, I know this might not be your last change. You might just have to add Club Level:stir:
Well that's not what meant :goodvibes I didn't know if its like DCL where they have different rates at check in.

Ive had clients and also seen other guests at check in ask if there were other categories open to upgrade to and the rate there (at port) are half of what it was initially. ;)

If they upgrade that's great otherwise I don't mind paying the extra.. Was just curious how it went..
I believe that paid upgrades at check-in are computed at rack rate. Always best to book the view you want before arrival to ensure you get exactly what you'd like and at the discounted rate you may have used. The WL room assignors are very generous with upgrades:worship::surfweb:, however, they aren't guaranteed, which I know you already know since you're a TA:)

We booked a Virgin package from the UK last trip(2011), and were only able to book woods view, when we checked in I asked if we could upgrade to courtyard(fully expecting to be charged, had budgeted for the extra) and we were upgraded for free, to a ground floor courtyard room. Maybe these are less popular and there were more available, but we loved our room, about 20 steps from Roaring Forks! Brilliant room! This year we have been able to book courtyard, if we can't get the elusive Bearface I may request the same room, really handy for the dock too!
That was a great upgrade. Sounds like you are all prepared with your requests and even have a back-up plan:thumbsup2

Woo Hoo! Made my call to reservations this morning!! Officially coming to the lodge in January! :woohoo:

Kook,
:wave2:

So...... What did you decide??? :scratchin

:rolleyes:
:rotfl:
Too funny that you ask as just this morning DH announced: "We need to do a split with WL/CL." I asked how he wanted the split done and he said, "Right down the middle - half and half." I had to point out that we are booked for an odd number of days so to do that I would just have to add another day to make it an even number of 6 days at each resort:teacher:

I've been trying weekly to get BLT, but it's just not available, so I think I'll make the wild wilderness split decision tomorrow:goodvibes

I hope you and all our great Lodgers are having a wonderful weekend. I have to run off to DD's musical now.

MeMom has posted wonderful WL/VWL interior photos on the Photo Thread HERE. They're a great way to start your Sunday off right:goodvibes:surfweb:

Someone has a new ticker:rolleyes1. It's another Sea Raycer Split! (As GrandCalifornian refers to it;)). Yes, I saved the best for last:goodvibes

We are booked to stay at the lodge for the first time this October! I'm slowly making my way through this thread so I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked. We booked a standard room-should I make a specific room request (are some standard rooms better than others?). I know there were recent renovations there-was the entire resort renovated or just a part? Thanks in advance for any advice!

We are booked to stay at the lodge for the first time this October! I'm slowly making my way through this thread so I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked. We booked a standard room-should I make a specific room request (are some standard rooms better than others?). I know there were recent renovations there-was the entire resort renovated or just a part? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Welcome to the thread!

Every WL room was renovated. Some who book a STD View room request a high floor, such as the 5th, in the North Wing since you can see some of Wishes from that wing. However, the North Wing STD rooms do have the service area below (photos on the first page) and the delivery trucks do make some beeping noises as they back up. The South Wing STD View rooms have a view of the bus stop/VWL/FW woods in the distance and parking lot off to the right.

Let us know if you have any other questions:)

Yay! I am honored, excited for you, (and just a little jealous too). That should be a great trip!
Thank you, but don't be even a little jealous, your trip is coming up soon and you get to go when the crowds are low::yes::. Have you and DW made your ADRs yet? DH considered taking the Blue Flag over with DD, but then he'd miss out on the "welcome home" greeting out front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter