(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the tone of your "I think that would be okay," I might just still be in trouble:flower3:, but seriously, I really appreciate your Lodge spirit and dedication:thumbsup2

:

Nahhhh :flower3:

A CL split stay is definitely :thumbsup2. CR and WL will definitely be an interesting comparison.

:beach:

To WDWKOOK....
Last I read you had canceled Fort Wilderness... WOW 11 nights sounds wonderful!!!:banana: I dont like moving once I get there but if I had 11 nights it would be temping.. Hope you have a wonderful time..:goodvibes
Yes, spring break was to be a FWC, but due to all the sequestration/furlough uncertainty, we canceled. While furloughs are still up in the air for DoD employees, DH assures me he'll be permitted to take vacation this summer no matter what ends up happening. It's great being able to do a split, it's like two vacations in one, but I agree with you that staying in one place, like the Yellowstone Suite:worship:, also has its advantages.

Nahhhh :flower3:

A CL split stay is definitely :thumbsup2. CR and WL will definitely be an interesting comparison.

:beach:
...And by interesting? There you go scaring me again:sad:

Hi there! Does anyone have any experience in a 1br villa? We are trying to decide between that and the deluxe room for our stay in June (I do know that the deluxe will be about $1400 more, but wonder if it is worth it).

Hi there! Does anyone have any experience in a 1br villa? We are trying to decide between that and the deluxe room for our stay in June (I do know that the deluxe will be about $1400 more, but wonder if it is worth it).
:wave:
I don't have any personal experience with the VWL one bedroom, only with BLT (LOVED it, BTW), nor have I stayed in the Deluxe room, (it's never been available with an AP or Military discount), but I can add some comments about the differences.

The Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-6, so you would be in the WL building and there is a map on the first page with their locations throughout the resort. They have Bay Lake views, which none of the villas really have, except partially through the trees. They have full club level access and amenities, however, none are located on the CL floor. They are about 500 SF and come with two queens and a queen sofa bed in a parlor separated by French doors with a see-through curtain on them. They have two balconies.

The VWL one bedrooms have various views and each has one balcony or patio. They are about 815 SF. The Master has a King bed and is separated by a solid locking door, unlike the Deluxe room. The one bathroom can be accessed by both the bedroom and the living area where the queen sofa is located. It has a whirlpool tub, unlike the Deluxe room. Obviously, there is also a full kitchen and washer/dryer, which the Deluxe room doesn't have.

I look at the $1,400 more than VWL as paying for a better view and CL access and amenities. If a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer is important to you, then VWL might be better. If you value a Bay Lake/WL Courtyard view, having two balconies and being able to use the lounge and IPO, then I would choose the Deluxe room. You might want to divide the $1400 by the number of days you're staying and look at it from the perspective of what the daily difference is. Maybe you could even try a split stay.

ETA: Just noticed you've already stayed in a Deluxe room and at VWL:confused3

Hi all! I know I haven't been around for awhile and I really miss hanging out here!! I was busy getting my tax info together, and then my father-in-law died, so I am just beginning to get back to some semblance of my normal routine. :)
I will catch up soon, but just stopped by to say that we are now 99 days from departure!!!!
Doing the 2 digit dance this morning!!!! ( carefully, because of my back) :)

Our first full day we plan on taking the boat from WL to MK for 8 am EMH.What time do you think we should be at the boat launch to make rope drop? I'm hoping 7:30 will be good enough, but thinking maybe we should head there for 7:15. I'm not a morning person, but am willing to make sacrifices for WDW. ;)

Our first full day we plan on taking the boat from WL to MK for 8 am EMH.What time do you think we should be at the boat launch to make rope drop? I'm hoping 7:30 will be good enough, but thinking maybe we should head there for 7:15. I'm not a morning person, but am willing to make sacrifices for WDW. ;)

I would be at the dock at 7:15am. There is sometimes a line for RP and you might not get on the next boat.

The one bedroom villa will have a king sized bed in the master bedroom and a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. One split bathroom with a sink and the jetted tub in the master bedroom and the shower, toilet and additional sink in a separate room. You'll have a stackable washer and dryer in your villa and a full sized kitchen with oven, stove top, full sized refrigerator with freezer, microwave oven and all the dishes, pots and pan you will need.

We were in a two bedroom villa at VWL in January. It was very comfortable. Plus we own there and love the decor. Somewhat rustic and a bit dark. Patio/Balconies are small. Most of the views are trees. A few have the lake through the trees or a glimpse of the pool.

:wave:

I look at the $1,400 more than VWL as paying for a better view and CL access and amenities. If a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer is important to you, then VWL might be better. If you value a Bay Lake/WL Courtyard view, having two balconies and being able to use the lounge and IPO, then I would choose the Deluxe room. You might want to divide the $1400 by the number of days you're staying and look at it from the perspective of what the daily difference is. Maybe you could even try a split stay.

ETA: Just noticed you've already stayed in a Deluxe room and at VWL:confused3

Thats a nice way to compare the costs... we've stayed in the VWL studio but never a 1br.

A question regarding the 2bdrm villa. Are there 2 balconies in the dedicated 2bdrm? Pictures I've seen show 2. We are staying there in August, it will be our first staying in something other then a studio.

A question regarding the 2bdrm villa. Are there 2 balconies in the dedicated 2bdrm? Pictures I've seen show 2. We are staying there in August, it will be our first staying in something other then a studio.

We had two small balconies. We were in a dedicated two bedroom villa. One was off the second bedroom and one was off the living room. None off the master bedroom.

We had two small balconies. We were in a dedicated two bedroom villa. One was off the second bedroom and one was off the living room. None off the master bedroom.

Small as in too small or small as in a studio small? Are they close enough that you can be on both balconies and have a normal conversations.

Small as in too small or small as in a studio small? Are they close enough that you can be on both balconies and have a normal conversations.

Same size as studio balcony. I think they are all the same size. Two chairs and a side table between them. Standing room. You could talk to the next balcony, but you might have to talk a bit more than inside voice.

Just finished packing. We'll start the first bit of the trip tomorrowmorning when we fly to heatrow london.:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

See you later!

Just finished packing. We'll start the first bit of the trip tomorrowmorning when we fly to heatrow london.:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

See you later!

Will you able to post updates as you travel? Your trip sounds so interesting and I would love to hear all about it. :)

Will you able to post updates as you travel? Your trip sounds so interesting and I would love to hear all about it. :)

No, sorry. When on holiday I am always electronically "dry"...

I promiss to try and do some sort of trip-report afterwards (with pictures).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter