(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reply to Kook.
Thank you for such a great thread. For the first time in 20+ years we will be staying at the Contemporary BLT this October for Halloween week. Not our first time for Halloween but first time BLT. We are Poly people since my kids were small ( and spoiled well above our means) but our family has grown from family of 5 to family of 9! ( all good) Staying at Poly is just not financially the way to go anymore. I have done extensive research having been very familiar with both BC and BW villas. Truth be told... your passion for BLT put me in such a new direction that I booked a two-bdrm LV at BLT for the trip! Your room chart is AMAZING! I must admit it took me three readings to finally catch on to the lingo. But I am good now, I think.
Question now: DH has health issues and can not walk too far at one shot. Would like to see MK and water parade from room but know I better be near elevators and bridge to Contemp. Have not made my requests yet. They shutter when I call. LOL I would appreciate your input and expertise on this. Again, thanks to all for such a great thread. I feel welcomed already.
Welcome and congratulations on booking BLT! I want to make sure, however, that I don't get credited with something that might not be mine. The BLT room chart you mention sounds like what is on the first page of Work2Play's BLT room view thread that I link to in the BLT section of this thread. Her thread might be the best place to ask your question. However, the Electrical Water Pageant is on the Bay Lake side and MK views are on the opposite side. There are some BLV rooms on the North Side that have a partial MKV, but I don't know how well you could see either, so best to inquire on Work2Play's thread about that.

Make sure your DH's mobility issues are in your reservation. Being close to the Skybridge and/or an elevator would be a big plus.

The great thing about BLT/CR Vs. Poly, is that everything is under one roof - no getting wet! The walkway to the MK is amazing, but I understand if you won't be using it because of DH's mobility issues. Also, you'll have a washer/dryer and so much room! I hope you'll report back to us about your stay!

Welcome and congratulations on booking BLT! I want to make sure, however, that I don't get credited with something that might not be mine. The BLT room chart you mention sounds like what is on the first page of Work2Play's BLT room view thread that I link to in the BLT section of this thread. Her thread might be the best place to ask your question. However, the Electrical Water Pageant is on the Bay Lake side and MK views are on the opposite side. There are some BLV rooms on the North Side that have a partial MKV, but I don't know how well you could see either, so best to inquire on Work2Play's thread about that.

Make sure your DH's mobility issues are in your reservation. Being close to the Skybridge and/or an elevator would be a big plus.

The great thing about BLT/CR Vs. Poly, is that everything is under one roof - no getting wet! The walkway to the MK is amazing, but I understand if you won't be using it because of DH's mobility issues. Also, you'll have a washer/dryer and so much room! I hope you'll report back to us about your stay!

If it wasn't for your link I would have never found it. Thought you both compiled it together. In any event, thank you for inspiring me to finally commit and take the plunge. Guess I could live without seeing the water pageant from a window! Walking issue far more important. I will check that thread for the right advice. Thanks again a bunch!:wizard:

It appears in pictures of the Presidential Suite on the 14th floor that you could add a connecting room to the second bedroom. That would be room 4009. Does anyone know what type of room that is? Is it a standard or one bedroom suite? TIA!

It appears in pictures of the Presidential Suite on the 14th floor that you could add a connecting room to the second bedroom. That would be room 4009. Does anyone know what type of room that is? Is it a standard or one bedroom suite? TIA!
4911 and 4912 are the two standard (non-suite) Tower Club rooms. When added together, the first two numbers should equal 13 for the Tower Club rooms, so I'm not sure which room you mean, but the Pres. Suite is 4910 so I assume you mean 4912?

There are great photos of 4911 and 4912 here:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/room4912.html

According to that website, the layout of the 14th floor shows the lounge between rooms 4910 (Presidential) and 4911 and 4912. Beside 4910 is 4909. The pictures of the second bedroom of the Presidential show a connecting door on both sides of the room. I was wondering if that meant you could add a bedroom to the suite and make it a three bedroom?

Should have been 4909 in OP. Sorry, typo.

According to that website, the layout of the 14th floor shows the lounge between rooms 4910 (Presidential) and 4911 and 4912. Beside 4910 is 4909. The pictures of the second bedroom of the Presidential show a connecting door on both sides of the room. I was wondering if that meant you could add a bedroom to the suite and make it a three bedroom?
Sounds plausible to me, but I don't know for a fact. Maybe one of our SUITE experts will chime in:listen:

Should have been 4909 in OP. Sorry, typo.
No problem!

Hi, very pleased to have found this thread. We are travelling from the UK for our first trip to WDW, staying at the CR for 14 nights :). We chose it for the location & because the rooms have the extra daybed (my DS12 needs his own bed!). But have been a bit concerned about the amount we have spent after reading recent trip adviser reviews, so I will be avidly watching this thread for TRs & views of those who have recently stayed there. The pics in the first few threads were really useful. Thanks :)

I'm very excited because I just upgraded my August trip from WL to a CR TPV room. It's always been a dream if mine since I was a kid to stay there and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to book it with my room discount PIN.

My question is, should I put any specific request on my reservation for room location (ie higher vs lower floors) that you would recommend?

Keep in mind requests are not always granted, but we personally asked for one thing: to be as far away from Chef Mickeys and the monorail as possible as both are noisy (esp. chef mickeys) and DD is a very light sleeper. Enjoy!! We'll be staying TPV in 11 days. :)

GillianP1301 said:
I'm very excited because I just upgraded my August trip from WL to a CR TPV room. It's always been a dream if mine since I was a kid to stay there and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to book it with my room discount PIN.

My question is, should I put any specific request on my reservation for room location (ie higher vs lower floors) that you would recommend?

ErinsMommy said:
Keep in mind requests are not always granted, but we personally asked for one thing: to be as far away from Chef Mickeys and the monorail as possible as both are noisy (esp. chef mickeys) and DD is a very light sleeper. Enjoy!! We'll be staying TPV in 11 days. :)

We also request a high floor away from Chef Mickey (my son has Asperger's and the signing bothers him). We liked walking out of our door and looking right at Space Mountain :)

We'll be there again in 9 days!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi, very pleased to have found this thread. We are travelling from the UK for our first trip to WDW, staying at the CR for 14 nights :). We chose it for the location & because the rooms have the extra daybed (my DS12 needs his own bed!). But have been a bit concerned about the amount we have spent after reading recent trip adviser reviews, so I will be avidly watching this thread for TRs & views of those who have recently stayed there. The pics in the first few threads were really useful. Thanks :)

Don't be concerned panda. The convenience of the CR alone (easy walking distance to MK, being on monorail line, being able to view Wishes nightly from multiple areas in the hotel, etc.) will be worth the extra money you are spending. Of course, one must ask oneself whether ANY room at WDW is worth $500-$600, or more, per night. But that is beside the point.

My family and I have stayed at the CR for the past four years in a row and are going back for a fifth year in a row in April. We had originally booked a stay at the BoardWalk Inn but started to miss the old CR even before the trip, took a family vote, and decided to change back to the CR!

No hotel is perfect - for the many thousands of Pounds you'll be spending for a fortnight stay at a Deluxe Disney Resort it's likely there would be something to gripe about at any of them. My biggest complaint about the CR is that its age sometimes causes issues with the guts of the hotel (electrical outlets in the room not working, broken sliding glass balcony door handles, etc.). However, its location and charm more than make up for those things in my opinion, which is why MANY people have such a deep affection for the old gal.

Don't drive yourself crazy reading Trip Adviser reviews - again, you can find negative reviews about ANY hotel. You are going to have a great time. :goodvibes

We also request a high floor away from Chef Mickey (my son has Asperger's and the signing bothers him). We liked walking out of our door and looking right at Space Mountain :)

I that the white building with a point on it that I see in most pics??

When are you going? I just booked our first BLT trip, also a 1-BR lake view! We're going December 14-21!

We are going at the same time! *Edited* We are actually going the 7-14... I misread your post :)

I am booking today. We wanted a 2 bedroom MK room at BLT, but they are all booked :confused3

So instead, we are booking 2 MK rooms at CR. We stayed in the same rooms in January 2012 and loved it. Can't wait to go during Christmas!

I that the white building with a point on it that I see in most pics??

Yes it is! We stayed on the end where Chef Mickey's is & couldn't hear any noise unless we were standing right beside our room door. The cost of CR was a lot for us (atrium CL with MK view), but it was something we won't splurge for again & we loved it.

Georgi Zhukov said:
Don't be concerned panda. The convenience of the CR alone (easy walking distance to MK, being on monorail line, being able to view Wishes nightly from multiple areas in the hotel, etc.) will be worth the extra money you are spending. Of course, one must ask oneself whether ANY room at WDW is worth $500-$600, or more, per night. But that is beside the point.

My family and I have stayed at the CR for the past four years in a row and are going back for a fifth year in a row in April. We had originally booked a stay at the BoardWalk Inn but started to miss the old CR even before the trip, took a family vote, and decided to change back to the CR!

No hotel is perfect - for the many thousands of Pounds you'll be spending for a fortnight stay at a Deluxe Disney Resort it's likely there would be something to gripe about at any of them. My biggest complaint about the CR is that its age sometimes causes issues with the guts of the hotel (electrical outlets in the room not working, broken sliding glass balcony door handles, etc.). However, its location and charm more than make up for those things in my opinion, which is why MANY people have such a deep affection for the old gal.

Don't drive yourself crazy reading Trip Adviser reviews - again, you can find negative reviews about ANY hotel. You are going to have a great time. :goodvibes

Thanks. I knew I shouldn't be looking at trip adviser reviews lol. I don't mind the odd fault as long as its clean & the service is good. We are really excited as we have booked an MKV room :)

babyberger said:

Perhaps we should contact our travel agent or the hotel direct. My Son also has aspergers and won't like the noise, especially if he is tired and stressed after a busy day! We chose CR because he was so excited about the monorail being IN the hotel lobby and because the rooms have the extra bed, but all that will backfire if we can't escape the noise when we are in the room. How high do we need to be and at what end of the hotel if we want it a bit quieter? ( we have booked an MK view room). Thanks :)

Congratulations on booking. We were in the exact same situation last August. I requested an outer villa on a high floor because I didn't want to overlook the pool area. We got exactly what we requested and loved it! All the photos and link to my review are in POSTS 13 & 14.

Hot, hot summer = lower crowds and rates:thumbsup2. That's when we usually take our summer trip to WDW.

Thank you! I just called and added the requests to my reservation.:goodvibes

Perhaps we should contact our travel agent or the hotel direct. My Son also has aspergers and won't like the noise, especially if he is tired and stressed after a busy day! We chose CR because he was so excited about the monorail being IN the hotel lobby and because the rooms have the extra bed, but all that will backfire if we can't escape the noise when we are in the room. How high do we need to be and at what end of the hotel if we want it a bit quieter? ( we have booked an MK view room). Thanks :)

Because I book the room myself, I just call Disney reservations directly, which you could definitely try or have your TA call to have your room request noted on your reservation.

Last time we were on the 12th floor because we stayed at CL, but this time with both CL's being closed I have requested the 11th floor, away from Chef Mickey. To be honest, we never had an issue with the noise even when walking out of the room. I have to say that he did find a few quiet spots for when he wanted to be out of the room but wanted to relax....he loved the lobby area and the chairs and couches down there. Also if you take the escalator the 2nd floor (I think) there are big rounded couches between all the conference rooms and he just loved them :love: Also, we never actually ate at Contempo Cafe (which is right next to Chef Mickey), we always took the food back to our room or the CL lounge.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :flower3:

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter