(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I told my husband this we'd stay club level every time. We were reading about dinner shows for my oldest DS' birthday trip and he saw beer and wine was included and now just wants to keep going back to the shows! Can you see my eyes rolling over the computer?!
HOOP-DEE-DOO... HOOP-DEE-DOO (Everyone sing along!)

Does the Contemp have any viewing stations for MK's fireworks?
Yes, this is from the first page HERE:

WISHES NIGHTLY MK FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck.

Outside on the North end of the Grand Canyon Concourse. Benches are set up, a very nice place to watch the fireworks from.
That's a great spot and it's also fun to go there during the day when it's usually empty and watch the monorail and lookout at Seven Seas Lagoon and the MK. I love that you still call it by its original name the Grand Canyon Concourse. Disney just calls it the 4th floor now:sad2:

IMG_2344.jpg

I wish I could've afforded CL but being I paid this off myself as a surprise for DH instead of taking it from our vacation fund, it just wasn't within my reach to do. Fortunately we don't drink that much beer/drinks and we're on the DxDP, so we're perfectly happy with our Deluxe TPV stay..its our first. :banana:
What a great surprise for DH!

We're doing it for DD in 3 weeks from today. She's SO excited!! :yay:
I'd love to hear your review of it. I've seen it several times and it looks like lots of fun, but I've wondered if it's appropriate for teens and adults or if it's intended audience are kids:confused3

Definitely will post our review. DH is almost as excited as DD, although he won't admit it. :rotfl2:

I love that you still call it by its original name the Grand Canyon Concourse. Disney just calls it the 4th floor now:sad2:

I love that too. I didn't realize Disney stopped calling it that. It'll always be the Grand Canyon Concourse to me. I remember being totally awestruck by it the first time I stayed at CR way back in 1974.

Definitely will post our review. DH is almost as excited as DD, although he won't admit it. :rotfl2:
That's so cute. Looking forward to your review - and some photos, perhaps;)

I love that too. I didn't realize Disney stopped calling it that. It'll always be the Grand Canyon Concourse to me. I remember being totally awestruck by it the first time I stayed at CR way back in 1974.
Oooo, do you have "vintage" CR photos?

On the CR/BLT map they give you it's now referred to as the 4th floor. I did find it on this post-Contempo Cafe map that's posted between BVG and the doors to the Skybridge:

IMG_2342-1-1.jpg

I'm very interested about the soft rehab as well. Very anxious for more info and pics!! :hyper:

I'm also thinking of booking the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage (or whatever it's called :rotfl:) for our Dec. trip. Anyone ever done this before?

We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage back in 2010 and it was great! I haven't heard of any changes to it so it should still be great. I think Reid would really enjoy:thumbsup2

arcticdisneylovers said:
I'm leaving right now for CR :yay: I'll post a review when I get back or while I'm onsite :banana:

Have so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage back in 2010 and it was great! I haven't heard of any changes to it so it should still be great. I think Reid would really enjoy:thumbsup2
Is it intended for children or would a teen enjoy it (or be terribly embarrassed?:rolleyes2)

I'm leaving right now for CR :yay: I'll post a review when I get back or while I'm onsite :banana:
Did you get a newly rehabbed room? The crowds must be very low right now:thumbsup2

WDWKOOK said:
Is it intended for children or would a teen enjoy it (or be terribly embarrassed?:rolleyes2)

I was wondering this as well. I have two boys, a teenager and a toddler so I'm always trying to balance the two. My oldest is fairly tolerant of the things we do for the youngest as he knows we do things for each though. With Peter Pan and pirates I think the youngest would really like it, and I suspect my 13 year old would too.

We have stayed at the Contemporary numerous times. This trip will be our first time staying at BLT. Does anyone know what room numbers the grand villas are that have a MK view? We would like to try to request one. How far in advance should we request?

tinkgurl said:
We have stayed at the Contemporary numerous times. This trip will be our first time staying at BLT. Does anyone know what room numbers the grand villas are that have a MK view? We would like to try to request one. How far in advance should we request?

Are you using DVC points for the grand villa? If so you book lake or MK view. Did you book a cash reservation? I'm surprised if grand villas were available for cash. I thought they always sold out on points.

Work2Play's BLT Villa Views thread is the ultimate resource:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Room and villa requests can be put into your reservation at any time. Just call the WDTC and have them place your request in your reservation. Best to do it at least 5 days prior to arrival so the room assignor sees it when it's dropped into the resort's reservation system.

Are you using DVC points for the grand villa? If so you book lake or MK view. Did you book a cash reservation? I'm surprised if grand villas were available for cash. I thought they always sold out on points.

Yes, we are DVC.

Did you get a newly rehabbed room? The crowds must be very low right now:thumbsup2

Definately not a rehabbed room, it is bad need of one. The bedding is very stained and shabby looking. Needs a facelift but we still love the view :thumbsup2 Unfortunately we had to have maintenance come last night and fix the toliet, there was huge puddle on the floor but it seems to be ok now and we had to have mousekeeping come and change the pillowcases on one of the beds since there was blood on one pillowcase when we checked in :faint:

Bu watching the fireworks on the balcony last night was worth every penny of the trip as usual pixiedust: The castle was still changing colours when DD woke up 6:45am this morning. We just came back form a great 1st day at MK, it was awesome and the crowds were light this morning but wait times are up to 60 min for the big rides this afternoon. We made good use of FP and basically walked on everything. Now off to Narcossee's for my favourite lobster :cool1:

Definately not a rehabbed room, it is bad need of one. The bedding is very stained and shabby looking. Needs a facelift but we still love the view :thumbsup2 Unfortunately we had to have maintenance come last night and fix the toliet, there was huge puddle on the floor but it seems to be ok now and we had to have mousekeeping come and change the pillowcases on one of the beds since there was blood on one pillowcase when we checked in :faint:

Bu watching the fireworks on the balcony last night was worth every penny of the trip as usual pixiedust: The castle was still changing colours when DD woke up 6:45am this morning. We just came back form a great 1st day at MK, it was awesome and the crowds were light this morning but wait times are up to 60 min for the big rides this afternoon. We made good use of FP and basically walked on everything. Now off to Narcossee's for my favourite lobster :cool1:
You have much more patience than I do. I don't think I could have stayed in that room:sad2:. So sorry you had a really rough start. I hope everything is better now and you had a great meal with lots of butter! Let us know if you find out anything about the room rehab:)

arcticdisneylovers said:

Oh no, not a good start! Glad to hear they got things sorted quickly for you and hopefully the rest of your stay is perfect! Maybe I should add Narcoossees to the list of ADRs for the next trip...DH loves lobster!

I don't remember the exact numver but it was the 14th and 15th floor. It ended with 30. We were looking more towards the lake but when you stepped out and looked right you still had a great view just not a direct view. I know my bil wanted a slightly better one but this room was ready at 9am so how could we argue.

We still had a great time and it was wonderful

I don't remember the exact numver but it was the 14th and 15th floor. It ended with 30. We were looking more towards the lake but when you stepped out and looked right you still had a great view just not a direct view. I know my bil wanted a slightly better one but this room was ready at 9am so how could we argue.

We still had a great time and it was wonderful
Welcome!

Tinkgurl: According to Work2Play's BLT room view/number thread, the MK Grand Villas end in even numbers from 16-30. There is a chart on the first page of her site that's linked to on the BLT/first page of the thread and six posts above.

Glad you had a nice time. Did anyone get lost in the GV, dona?!

Thanks everyone! Even if we don't end up with a MK view room, we will still have a great time. Just thought it never hurts to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter