(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

Thank you...8 days to go!! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Did they quote you a price per night? Just curious.

4. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

If you have to ask you can't afford it. Lol.

5. Jenny1985

Jenny1985 Mouseketeer

Does any one have a review or pics if the room service food? Just trying to figure out if I should eat breakfast in the room or go out.

6. nonnasally

nonnasally forever tink

How exciting for you. Wish you well. Something on my bucket list but I'm 61 and thinking time is running out! You go for it!

7. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

We had our first stay at BLT in Oct for wine & food festival and believe we had 8212. We requested a room on the outside curve and couldn't have been happier. It was technically a lake view but we enjoyed the fireworks from the balcony. Can't wait to go back next year...great DVC purchase!

8. sydjim

sydjim Earning My Ears

What an awesome thread full of unlimited info!
    Just wondering, at the main pool are there plenty of umbrellas to go around?
    Do they have waitresses coming around asking if you would like anything to eat or drink? If not, is there any service if you rent a cabana?

Thanks!

9. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

That sounds wonderful! Keeping my fingers crossed!:goodvibes

10. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

The one bedroom starts at $1452/night, two bedroom $2055/night and presidential starts at $2271/night. It goes up depending on season and weekday/weekend.

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I'm sorry, but I don't. But, there are also great breakfast choices nearby: The Wave has a great breakfast menu and buffet (photos on first page), Contempo Cafe and Chef Mickey's also serve breakfast. You're just a monorail ride away from Kona and 'Ohana at Poly, The GF Cafe has a lovely breakfast and a character breakfast at 1900. You can even take the boat over to WL and eat at Whispering Canyon or Trail's End at FW (plus the quick serves at WL, Poly and GF).

Thank you, sydjim! Servers sure would be great at the pool, however, none of the WDW resorts have any. However, the cabana does have the option of having food brought to you from room service.

From contemporaryresort.net:

If Guests are interested in confirming poolside dining options in their
    Cabana, they may order directly using the house phone in the Cabana or
    can call in advance at 407 824-1786.

Have you considered a Grand Villa at BLT?

12. Jenny1985

Jenny1985 Mouseketeer

Thanks. I'm already planning on hitting the Poly one morning. I'm a tonga toast virgin lol. Since I'm gonna be by myself until the evenings I think I'm just gonna do Capt. Cooks. I never even thought about FW. Ill check em out. Thanks.

13. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Trail's End has a great buffet for breakfast. I covered it in my last WL TR HERE.

14. Monorail Bob's dd

Monorail Bob's dd DIS Veteran

Thank you! I have actually been a Disney TA for a while now but Disney offers a traning program a couple of times a year for agents where they get to do site inspections and seminars at the resorts. Can't wait!

How great! What a perfect place to train - good luck with your new career:badpc: (JK!)[/QUOTE]

15. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

[/QUOTE]

Do they still have the Disney College of Knowledge? I had to do that when I was a TA for AAA ( a lifetime ago). I wasn't able to go on the FAM trip when it was offered :(

Have a great time! We are exciting to be going back in less than a week!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

:lmao:

There you have it. I can't afford it. :lmao:

Absolutely, and I think it is the cheapest buffet on property.

17. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

Hi all! I'm thrilled to be staying at BLT for the first time. In October. Too far away. :( Anyway we're getting a studio and I just checked out the floor plan on this amazing thread. How awkward is that bathroom sink/vanity and kitchenett setup? What were they thinking???

18. Monorail Bob's dd

Do they still have the Disney College of Knowledge? I had to do that when I was a TA for AAA ( a lifetime ago). I wasn't able to go on the FAM trip when it was offered :(

Have a great time! We are exciting to be going back in less than a week!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards[/QUOTE]

Yes! I have been doing this a few years now and took the updated College of Knowledge courses in September- you have to be up to date on the course in order to even attend the training sessions. Most fun "work" I have ever had to do! ;)

19. Monorail Bob's dd

After reading through the information page, I see the rooms are being refurbished right now? I had not heard this! Looks like it will be completed by March 22, I will be there March 18-22 - should I get a new room? Anyone have pics of what the new rooms will look like?

20. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I am hoping to be lucky enough to get a newly refurb'd room when we check in on Wednesday but if not I will ask if I can sneak into one to take some pictures.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

DH and I are staying at CR for the Princess Half Marathon in 3 weeks and I talked to the IPO folks since we are staying on the atrium level if the lounge would be open or not. They said that it is suppose to be open a few days before we arrive on 21 Feb and if not, we should get a call. I expressed my displeasure that if the club was not open it negates my paying extra for the club level.

So long story short...call and ask the status and then put in a room request for a new refurbished room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.