• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So BLT studios don't have refrigerators? I didn't think dvc was effected? I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but so far: no fp+, no mb, no ppf, no railroad, now no refrigerator. How do we keep our milk and drinks cold for heavens sake? Ridiculous.

Staying the third week in September and got the letter, too. Wasn't planning on using it so I am not bothered. But I couldn't help but think it is taking them a very long time to replace the refrigerators. :confused3

We'll have a cooler we are bringing for the road trip so guess we will be icing it all week if they don't get the refrigerator in before we arrive 10/6. Ohhhhh really, a deluxe resort???? I guess I'm stuck with BLT at this point since renting points. With all the closures, fp+\mb, etc, I've gone from excited to be going to eh, lets just get this over with this week. Maybe it's just my normal "all planning is done and nothing to do but wait blues"???

I am confused? Where is a dresser in the standard tower rooms? What is under the tv? Thanks,:confused3

I am confused? Where is a dresser in the standard tower rooms? What is under the tv? Thanks,:confused3
The dresser is located next to the bed behind the orange chair:

There are also drawers in the closet:

There isn't anything under the TV but a shelf, but it does illuminate below the shelf:

We'll have a cooler we are bringing for the road trip so guess we will be icing it all week if they don't get the refrigerator in before we arrive 10/6. Ohhhhh really, a deluxe resort???? I guess I'm stuck with BLT at this point since renting points. With all the closures, fp+\mb, etc, I've gone from excited to be going to eh, lets just get this over with this week. Maybe it's just my normal "all planning is done and nothing to do but wait blues"???

I bet they will be replaced by the time you get there:goodvibespixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Photos and details on the newly re-imagined CA Grill are available HERE.

Cape Canaveral prawns? Do they serve this on the cruise ships?

You can start booking CA Grill for 9/9 and after starting 8/26. I hope to get an ADR for Christmas Week. I hope you get your fridge AND your ADR!

Thanks kook! Me too and I hope you get yours too! I'll be at the computer at 6am Monday morning. I hope I don't have to call. I have to be at work by 7am.

Wdw kook thank you for the quick reply, I have a few questions. Is it awkwardard to get to the dresser? Is there a soft chair/ ottoman? It looks like the one bed is really close to the sliding doors? Am I right?

Had to emerge out of lurkdom to comment......I almost spit out my coffee on this one! It is so true. Seinfeld can be applied to anything and everything in our daily lives. Love that show.

I have been having similar turmoil for our upcoming late July 2014 trip. I really want to stay at the Poly but with the impending DVC construction, I am looking for the best alternative. I keep seesawing between GF and CR because it MUST be a MK resort. We have stayed CR garden wing before but would not again because we really like a balcony. The tower rooms are convenient but the lack of theme(just our opinion) and here it comes.....the picky Seinfeld part.....no "good" sitting chair. We spend a lot of time in the room decompressing from the park crowds and I NEED a real chair to sit and chill out. Those awful desk chairs just don't do it for me. I put up with one of those our last trip to CSR and I am done with all that. I was hoping with the last room upgrade that they would add it but they did not.

SO......we are planning on GF even with the old lady décor. Hate the bedspreads and wallpaper:crazy2: but I am crossing my fingers that the rumor is true and they will do a soft goods refurb (and go to white duvets at least) after the Poly room refurb is complete.

Now if GFDVC causes really large pool crowds at GF....we might be back at CR:rotfl2: Decisions are so hard sometimes......
We are in the same boat, I was doing gf, then I realized there were only 4 very small dresser drawers:confused3.......then I talked myself into cr, now I am also put off by the no chair? My parents both use that chair. .....ugh I wish they would just leave the poly alone so I would not have to worry about this stuff, lol. Now I might be back to gf, icky decor and all:confused:

OK, got it. Thanks so much. Our grandson loves the railroad and it will be open for him.

Laura
Glad it will be in operation when your DGS is there with you.

Wdw kook thank you for the quick reply, I have a few questions. Is it awkwardard to get to the dresser? Is there a soft chair/ ottoman? It looks like the one bed is really close to the sliding doors? Am I right?
You're welcome!

I've never found it hard to get to the dresser. The chair can be pushed under the glass desk. There isn't an easy chair, only the desk chair. The bed is fairly close to the sliding glass doors, maybe two feet or less? But, the door that unlocks to the balcony is closer to the daybed than the queen bed, if that matters to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter