(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say the cooler stayed stocked, but I may be wrong. The lounge is open to the floor so no way to "close" the area.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That would be great if that's the case. DH and I were talking this evening and that is one thing that was important to him.

You can see where this is going....:rolleyes2

That would be great if that's the case. DH and I were talking this evening and that is one thing that was important to him.

You can see where this is going....:rolleyes2

I totally see where this is going ;) but have you decided on BLV or TPV??? BLV CL is the best of both worlds :)

Cali Grill info....wake up early Aug 26th!!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-disneys-contemporary-resort-open-august-26/

Thanks for this information :). I think I may try and get an ADR for when we're there in December ;).

Hi! We will be staying @ Bay Lake Towers for the very first time(our first time staying at a deluxe resort also)on 12/22-12/28!!!We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you love it :goodvibes. We are trying the CR for the first time in December and I'm getting more excited every day :yay:.

I'll add everyone soon to the Log-orail:)

Thank you for keeping the log-orail and for everything else you do for this thread :flower3:.

:cheer2: Just booked a one night stay at the CR ! Theme park view club level !! 40% off room :cheer2: *

*Using the military discount for September 12th :cool1:

Congrats on the discount :thumbsup2.

I totally see where this is going ;) but have you decided on BLV or TPV??? BLV CL is the best of both worlds :)

Yes, I would absolutely get BLV. :goodvibes

I figure serene view of beautiful Bay Lake, EWP and overlooking pool from balcony, and we'd get our TPV from the lounge. Perfection! :goodvibes

When the 2014 rates came out, the price was higher than I wanted to spend, even with our 40% discount, but......we want what we want, so I'm thinking we are going to go for it...if its available! :cheer2:

So I have decided that since we will not be at CR or BLT for our next two trips that we must at least stop for a quick meal at Contempo Cafe on our way to MK or Epcot ;) DH laughed at me, but agreed :) NEED MY CR FIX!!!

Is the CR CL open 24 hours? I know the CM's leave at 10 pm, but is the lounge still open/available after hours?

At YC, they did stock the fridge and leave out snacks before leaving and we liked that. Does CR do that? I know WL did not.

when we were there last year the CR did not leave out snacks.. maybe a few drinks and I even want to think that they removed the beer and wine also.. left coke, sprite, juice, and a pitcher of ice water..

when we stayed at the GF they left their snacks out after 10. My dd would run down the hall in her jammies and snag a cookie or two.. popcorn::
hope that helps

when we were there last year the CR did not leave out snacks.. maybe a few drinks and I even want to think that they removed the beer and wine also.. left coke, sprite, juice, and a pitcher of ice water..

when we stayed at the GF they left their snacks out after 10. My dd would run down the hall in her jammies and snag a cookie or two.. popcorn::
hope that helps

That does help, thanks! Yeah, all I care about is the soda and water. If that's out we are good. :goodvibes

So I have decided that since we will not be at CR or BLT for our next two trips that we must at least stop for a quick meal at Contempo Cafe on our way to MK or Epcot ;) DH laughed at me, but agreed :) NEED MY CR FIX!!!

We've never eaten at Contempo Cafe but it seems like a lot of people love it, so I'm excited to try it in December :goodvibes.

I will be arriving that day also.. same floor, same view, ect.. might see you there.. are you staying the whole week?

How exciting......hope you will report back after your trip :wizard:. We are staying TPV CL in December and I love reading about everyone's CL stays ::yes::.

I will be arriving that day also.. same floor, same view, ect.. might see you there.. are you staying the whole week?

No just one night and then back to the BWI.. Always wanted to try the CR ..really wanted the Poly but wasn't sure about the construction etc so the CR popped up so we are giving it a try :)

Have you stayed there before ? If so how is it?

No just one night and then back to the BWI.. Always wanted to try the CR ..really wanted the Poly but wasn't sure about the construction etc so the CR popped up so we are giving it a try :)

Have you stayed there before ? If so how is it?

we ended up there last year.. we started out at WL CL and we had some issues, more than I was willing to deal with on vacation.. so our TA moved us to the CR.. IT was amazing!!! we were right outside the lounge and had an awesome view of the castle :cool1:

our arrival night is our actual 15 yr anniversary the trip is our gift to each other, plus kids in tow... :love:

maybe I'll see you there..

Here are some recent posts I found on THIS THREAD regarding MagicBand testing. CR has already begun testing so this information isn't as useful here, but might be if you're staying elsewhere and wondering what the status is.

The ONLY scheduled test right now is for check-ins from August 2-25 at Pop Century, AKL, YC, and the Contemporary. That is all we know of right now. Of course there are rumors of other tests/complete roll-out after August, but these are just rumors.

-------------------------------

1) There is no known test I am aware of past this month - but things are also pretty vague. This test seems more like a controlled rollout more than a test.

2) DVC has been left out of most tests so far, because they have a separate reservations system. There was just this past week the first DVC test, with select guests at BLT. DVC is not part of the August test.

However, making Fastpass+ selections, even as part of the test, does seem to require having park tickets registered with your profile, and is limited to the number of daus on the tickets

--------------------------------

The following is an internal memo regarding the June rollout from Post 1 of the thread I hyperlinked above:

As part of the test and adjust process for MyMagic+, a test involving Guests will begin onsite June 20. Selected Guests will be contacted beginning as early as June 3, inviting them to participate in the test. Test participants will:

Touch to enter their rooms, touch to enter the parks and touch to pay at eligible locations starting upon check in and continuing through their departure (all eligible parties will depart by July 6)
Redeem FastPass+ selections at all four theme parks between June 20 and June 26

Below is an outline of how eligibility for the test has been determined:

Eligible Guests:

Check-in date of June 20, 21 or 22 AND
Staying in Walt Disney World accommodations at Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House or Disneys Contemporary Resort only

Ineligible Guests:

Check-in date outside testing window (before June 20 or after June 22) OR
Staying in a Disney Vacation Club villa (Jambo House, Kidani Village, Bay Lake Tower) OR
WDW Resort Guest staying anywhere other than the eligible locations above OR
Any Guest staying off property

Love the flatbreads and cupcakes:goodvibes

Thank you for keeping the log-orail and for everything else you do for this thread :flower3:.
Thank you, mickeynut1, I really appreciate that:goodvibes

Ok, so I'm wondering if someone can help me figure something out. We were aiming to stay on cash at BLT in a 2 bedroom TPV villa the third week of July next year (right when value season starts.) We have been watching June and early July and things have been abundantly available at the 11 month mark from the check out day. This held true for a month. All of a sudden, you can't book ANYTHING past July 10. We went ahead and booked July 3-10 just so we'll have something and we are so excited and being there for the 4th is always fun, however, saving $1500 for the week by going in value season would be fun too ;). Does anyone have any idea why all of a sudden the booking won't show anything being available past July 10? DVC seasons are different, right? So people didn't book in late July bc it was less points and that would explain the fully booked status? I'm so dumbfounded! It's also VERY odd that it's still showing massive availability for July 3-10, but not as much for all the dates around that. I really hope it's not a computer error! Once we've booked, we're good, right!?
I have no idea what is going on, but maybe one of our DVC experts will know:listen:

We love CC and even ate there recently when staying at WL. I do find it hard though to eat there when I'm not staying at CR or BLT:(. I love the CC salads and cupcakes...

Miss Almighty and knowledgable Kookerific Kook...you should probably get out that magic eraser....:upsidedow

I gave up my garden wing room in favor of a Sugarloaf room at GF. We are pretty excited! :goodvibes

But, you know, it's a long time until next August...:flower3:

Miss Almighty and knowledgable Kookerific Kook...you should probably get out that magic eraser....:upsidedow

I gave up my garden wing room in favor of a Sugarloaf room at GF. We are pretty excited! :goodvibes

I could be wrong but I have a feeling GF is gonna stick :goodvibes

we ended up there last year.. we started out at WL CL and we had some issues, more than I was willing to deal with on vacation.. so our TA moved us to the CR.. IT was amazing!!! we were right outside the lounge and had an awesome view of the castle :cool1:

I was originally thinking of making a request to be close to the lounge, but after inquiring about how far the farthest rooms are from the lounge, I decided not to request anything as it doesn't seem that bad. However, after reading your post above, it got me thinking again....lol. In your opinion, would you recommend that request or are all of the TPV CL rooms pretty good?

Thank you, mickeynut1, I really appreciate that:goodvibes

Well, you do a lot and it's greatly appreciated :flower3:

You buttered me up just so I'd remove you with my magical erasing quill?:rotfl: Well, anytime you want me to put you back, let me know. I have to say I'm not surprised at all that you changed, but I didn't think CL was in this trip so I thought you might change to a Tower room. Does DH like the décor of GF better than CR? How about the girls? Will they miss being able to walk to the MK?

I could be wrong but I have a feeling GF is gonna stick :goodvibes
Hmmm... I'm thinking not, but like Candace said, August is a long way off...

I was originally thinking of making a request to be close to the lounge, but after inquiring about how far the farthest rooms are from the lounge, I decided not to request anything as it doesn't seem that bad. However, after reading your post above, it got me thinking again....lol. In your opinion, would you recommend that request or are all of the TPV CL rooms pretty good?

Well, you do a lot and it's greatly appreciated :flower3:
:hug:

Here is an older map of CR that shows the rooms:

CRMap.jpg

The Atrium Club lounge is about where 38,37,36 is located. There are only 10-11 rooms on either side of the lounge. The furthest TPV room to the north or south of the lounge is probably about a 30 second walk. When you're in the Tower, all the rooms are very close to both the elevators, which are in the middle of the Tower rooms and the lounge, which is also in the middle of the MK (west) side.

You buttered me up just so I'd remove you with my magical erasing quill?:rotfl: Well, anytime you want me to put you back, let me know. I have to say I'm not surprised at all that you changed, but I didn't think CL was in this trip so I thought you might change to a Tower room. Does DH like the décor of GF better than CR? How about the girls? Will they miss being able to walk to the MK?

Hmmm... I'm thinking not, but like Candace said, August is a long way off...

:hug:

Here is an older map of CR that shows the rooms:

CRMap.jpg

The Atrium Club lounge is about where 38,37,36 is located. There are only 10-11 rooms on either side of the lounge. The furthest TPV room to the north or south of the lounge is probably about a 30 second walk. When you're in the Tower, all the rooms are very close to both the elevators, which are in the middle of the Tower rooms and the lounge, which is also in the middle of the MK (west) side.

Unfortunately (for my wallet), none of us want to give up CL at this point. It's just tooooooo darn convenient, and we spend a lot of time at the resort during the day, so we couldn't give it up....:upsidedow

DH thinks the GF looks like a fancy nursing home, if I'm being honest, but he feels that it has a "theme" which he doesn't get at CR. And, the position of the TV's in the CR rooms bothered all of us. Such trivial items....:rotfl:

Sometimes when we are picking resorts I feel like Seinfeld picking a woman. The smallest thing pushes us over the edge....(the man hands, the naked sneezes...:scared: ) We are nuts!!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter