• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting close!!!!!!

Kook, Jessie, Martini and Met...seems we are all there around the same time.:cool1:

Open invite and your refillable beverage of choice is on me :thumbsup2

Kook...honestly, this thread has been an invaluable resource. Thank you for keeping it current.

Yes soooo close. It will go very fast for me as I didn't know I would be starting my new job this week. I will be working part time at Target when in opens in our area. But surprise...I get to work full time this week to help set up the store!!

Good thing I have been on the boards and have everything sorted out.

It is going to be a trip full of first...first all girls trip, first stay on property, and using MagicBands and maybe using a refillable mug :;)

I would be lost without the boards!

Walt disney world on Facebook just posted an amazing picture of the fireworks being seen from a building....can anyone tell me if that is the lounge at the contemporary? Or an actual room?

It may have sealed the deal!! It looks AMAZING!

Walt disney world on Facebook just posted an amazing picture of the fireworks being seen from a building....can anyone tell me if that is the lounge at the contemporary? Or an actual room?

I think it's from BLT.

Katie

Thanks. That picture looks amazing! Is that what the fireworks look like from where you can view at cr after eating at California grill? Sorry I don't know the name of the place. Lol

Omg I know! It made me super excited to be booked there for January!

That view is from a Grand Villa at BLT.

I'm starting to look ahead toward when Room Only Discounts come out. I've read here that they often overlap with FD

For log-o-rail and purposes of this discussion we are arriving in the World on December 10 and leaving December 17, 2013.

So, we booked a garden wing because I couldn't swallow the 700 per night Tower price, no matter how much I like to spend money on vacation. We are in the Garden Wing.

Now I'm wondering, within the CR there seem to be caveats about the Room only discount depending on which room is booked. So, is GW usually excluded?

I've checked Mousesavers and they don't always list the room classifications.

Thanks in advance Contemporaries!!

Wow. it is amazing!!! What does it look like from the cR??

Just as amazing except a little further away. You don't have those huge windows but you're outside on a balcony or on an observation deck. It's really magical. The grand Villas windows are so large because they are two story.

I'm starting to look ahead toward when Room Only Discounts come out. I've read here that they often overlap with FD

For log-o-rail and purposes of this discussion we are arriving in the World on December 10 and leaving December 17, 2013.

So, we booked a garden wing because I couldn't swallow the 700 per night Tower price, no matter how much I like to spend money on vacation. We are in the Garden Wing.

Now I'm wondering, within the CR there seem to be caveats about the Room only discount depending on which room is booked. So, is GW usually excluded?

I've checked Mousesavers and they don't always list the room classifications.

Thanks in advance Contemporaries!!

I have seen GW rooms included in RO discounts; however, like with any promo, if those rooms are booking up without discounts, there may only be a few (or none at all) offered with a discount. We are staying at the CR for a few nights in December and I'm waiting for the RO discounts to be released as well. I was going to book a few weeks ago, but then once I heard rumor of discounts (possibly) coming out at the beginning of August, I figured I'd wait to see what was discounted and the dates ;).

where is best place to view fireworks?? I cannot get that view out of my head! it is breathtaking!

I would think if you have a TPV room, your balcony would be the best place. You can turn the tv on to channel 20 and it plays the soundtrack of Wishes right along with the fireworks. If you don't have a TOV then either the observation deck at California Grill or the 4th floor observation deck. If you have a BLV and are staying CL the the CL lounge has an amazing view from its balcony.

I am happy to say I just booked our August 2014 trip at the CR!!!! We booked a garden wing room at 40% off (mil discount) and will be there from 8/16/14-8/24/14!!!! pixiedust:

Wooooohoooo!!!!! :cool1:

I would think if you have a TPV room, your balcony would be the best place. You can turn the tv on to channel 20 and it plays the soundtrack of Wishes right along with the fireworks. If you don't have a TOV then either the observation deck at California Grill or the 4th floor observation deck. If you have a BLV and are staying CL the the CL lounge has an amazing view from its balcony.

We have gone to the 4th floor observation deck many times to watch the fireworks....it's a great place to watch :wizard:.

..am looking forward to our CR stay now!

Glad to hear you are getting excited to stay at the CR :goodvibes. The CR theme/decor has never appealed to me so I never considered it for any of our stays, but after researching and looking at pics, I am very excited to stay there in December ::yes::.

Just got our magic bands!!

Katie

Please keep us updated on the Magic Bands. Did you customize them?

Does anyone know more about Magic+ and Annual Passes?
We are booked for January 18-25, 2014 split stay BWV and BLT and plan to buy APs during that stay. Should we buy our APs before we arrive to be eligible for Magic+? If we buy APs early when do they expire because we hope to use them again May 2014 and early January 2015.

We are booked for January 18-25, 2014 split stay BWV and BLT and plan to buy APs during that stay. Should we buy our APs before we arrive to be eligible for Magic+? If we buy APs early when do they expire because we hope to use them again May 2014 and early January 2015.

While I can't answer your question about Magic+ (I'm wondering and waiting to hear the answer as well,) I do know that you can buy your AP early. The AP doesn't "start" until you activate it at the parks, so if you bought it now, but didn't use it until January 18, it would be valid through January 18 of 2015 :thumbsup2

As of right now in order to use FP+ with an AP, it must be an activated AP. this may change in the future. This would mean you couldn't book fast passes ahead of time. I've heard of people only being able to book part if their trip with FP+ because their AP expires in the middle of their trip. I'm holding off ordering my AP until they get this settled one way or the other. If it stays like this then I'm going to book 10 day tickets and upgrade to AP when I'm there so I can get to book fast passes ahead of time.

As of right now in order to use FP+ with an AP, it must be an activated AP. this may change in the future. This would mean you couldn't book fast passes ahead of time. I've heard of people only being able to book part if their trip with FP+ because their AP expires in the middle of their trip. I'm holding off ordering my AP until they get this settled one way or the other. If it stays like this then I'm going to book 10 day tickets and upgrade to AP when I'm there so I can get to book fast passes ahead of time.

Grr...I hope this changes. I like your plan, but we are planning on getting an AP discount, so would I be able to buy tickets (so we can book FP+,) get the AP discount, arrive at WDW, go upgrade to an AP and then check in? That's insane, but it sounds like it might be what we have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter