(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. You guys are awesome!!

The reason I was contemplating garden wing was a cheaper stay but still being close to MK. We won't be in the room the first night as we always do wishes in the park. The second day we will be using the pool etc and doing mnsshp that night so again not in the room. We want to do dinners at boma and 1900 park fare and California grill hopefully. So we won't be in the room lots at all.

Is it worth it to be in the tower? I thought of doing garden wing for four nights and upgrading to TPV for last three nights?,!

We honestly loved waking up in the tower and watching the MK wake up. If GW for a few nights is easier on the budget I would say that it a good compromise. But if you can swing it, the tower really is magical all day. We are pretty park intensive and don't spend a ton of time in the room, but every minute we were in the room we were on the balcony just feeling totally immersed in Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We honestly loved waking up in the tower and watching the MK wake up. If GW for a few nights is easier on the budget I would say that it a good compromise. But if you can swing it, the tower really is magical all day. We are pretty park intensive and don't spend a ton of time in the room, but every minute we were in the room we were on the balcony just feeling totally immersed in Disney.

Thanks. I really want to as dh said this is last disney trip for years :(

did you do lakeview or tpv?? I thougjt i remember pricing the two out with the discounts and there wasnt a huge price difference

Thanks. I really want to as dh said this is last disney trip for years :(

did you do lakeview or tpv?? I thougjt i remember pricing the two out with the discounts and there wasnt a huge price difference

We have done both, but when did LV we stayed CL so we had the MK view from the lounge. Our last stay was just TPV and even though I missed the serenity of Bay Lake, TPV is truly magical. DH and I sat out on the balcony after the kids were asleep and thoroughly enjoyed the view. I think the difference was about $30-$35 per night. Well worth it for us.

Hubby says absolutely NO SPLITS!!!! He says once he is settled he likes to stay put, although he is definitely not the one who packs and unpacks ;) I really think we are going to like the space in the 1BR and now with TPV, hopefully the kids won't miss the tower too much, especially since I am sure we will be in it everyday.

I agree!! NO SPLITS for us either!! :goodvibes Been there DONE THAT! I need to unpack and put those suitcases AWAY.....ONCE! Lol!!;)

I KNOW you will LOVE the space in a 1 bedroom!! We have stayed in all size Villas (except the Studio) at the BLT, and have had many many stays in the CR Tower rooms as well! Most recently this past April we stayed in a CR TPV room. As much as we LOVED the quick access to the 4th floor via the elevator, etc., we really missed having TWO bathrooms, at least TWICE the space, a washer/dryer, and a KITCHEN!!
If it were only Hubby and myself I would definitely consider the CR again (as the BLT Studio is just too small - for us anyway), otherwise it's the BLT for us going forward! :cool1:
Also, as much as my son loved looking down onto the Monorail from the upper floors, he is MUCH HAPPIER watching from the comfort of the BLT patio chairs! ;)
Have a GREAT stay!!:woohoo:

PS: SOOOOO excited!! Just booked our flights tonight on JetBlue out of PVD! Under $200 PP!! Can't complain at that!! :)

We have done both, but when did LV we stayed CL so we had the MK view from the lounge. Our last stay was just TPV and even though I missed the serenity of Bay Lake, TPV is truly magical. DH and I sat out on the balcony after the kids were asleep and thoroughly enjoyed the view. I think the difference was about $30-$35 per night. Well worth it for us.

Thanks. Hoping it will happen. Have looked into renting points for blt too but I know its hard to get!

Thanks to this board we decided on part if not all of our stay at cr! thanks for all the info. Just waiting to decide on garden wing or tower?

Glad you have made a decision on the resort :goodvibes.

TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER

This made me laugh :laughing:.

Everyone talks about the view from TPV with regards to the fireworks and while that is the view that I look forward to, you also can't beat the daytime view. You can be in your room and still have the magic of the parks! It's wonderful for the first thing you see in the morning to be the castle and space mountain. If you get an odd numbered room, you can actually lay in your bed and see the castle. Nothing like bringing the sights of MK right into your room. :)

It's posts like this that make me excited for our first CR stay in December :yay:.

I just booked CR garden wing/standard view room with the 40% military discount for next May! I did think twice about booking a TPV room in the tower, but I am trying to stay on a budget and the tower is still more than I wanted to pay even with the discount.
I'm really happy we were able to book the least expensive rate combined with the discount! We're doing the deluxe dining. You can see what my priorities are!:rotfl2: I'd rather eat well than have a pretty view! :rotfl:

Getting close!!!!!!

Kook, Jessie, Martini and Met...seems we are all there around the same time.:cool1:

Open invite and your refillable beverage of choice is on me :thumbsup2

Kook...honestly, this thread has been an invaluable resource. Thank you for keeping it current.

I just booked CR garden wing/standard view room with the 40% military discount for next May! I did think twice about booking a TPV room in the tower, but I am trying to stay on a budget and the tower is still more than I wanted to pay even with the discount.
I'm really happy we were able to book the least expensive rate combined with the discount! We're doing the deluxe dining. You can see what my priorities are!:rotfl2: I'd rather eat well than have a pretty view! :rotfl:

how did you find standard view?? i have been searching for september 2014 and cant find it at all since the day the rates were released

Getting close!!!!!!

Kook, Jessie, Martini and Met...seems we are all there around the same time.:cool1:

Open invite and your refillable beverage of choice is on me :thumbsup2

Kook...honestly, this thread has been an invaluable resource. Thank you for keeping it current.

Sounds good to me! Lol. 9 days to go!!

And yes, thank you Kook! This thread really helped out a lot in my planning and decision making!

Ok weird question. We are staying at BLT in January through Disney (not DVC or renting points). Are we allowed access to the top of the world lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter