(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!! I can't wait until Feb!!! Everything I have seen so far looks amazing. The kids are super excited to sit and watch Wishes too!!!! Can't believe we didn't go last Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
So are you already booked? Can't wait to read about your stay!

I am a newbie and soooo confused looking at room charts. I booked a stay for a 1 bedroom park view but have noticed alot of people saying they are not happy with some of the rooms for a theme park view. I am thinking I want to see some of the lake also. So do I ask for a outer room on the curve for this type of view? Is this a good view for fireworks? Do I ask for a even numbered room on the North end? I don't want to look at the contemporary and the is the south curve, right? HELP!
For BLT room location questions, you can't beat posting to Work2Play's BLT room view thread, if you haven't already done so. She has a great chart in her first post and very knowledgeable posters.

Thanks so much!
You're welcome.

When I asked if she was at the actual hotel she replied that she was, though I pulled the phone number from the web, so who really knows. :confused3
Do you have the confirmed front desk number? If you are allowed to share, I would love it. Or if you have a moment, might you be able to call? Trying to figure out our garden grocer order. Thanks so much!
I only have the direct/onsite number for the CL IPO. Since I'm booked at WL/CL, I'd feel a little funny bothering the CR/GF IPO. But, if someone else is booked CR/CL, they could email or call for you perhaps.

I have a question similar to KathySmallwood. We're in a 2 bedroom lakeview, and am unsure about room requests. How far in advance should requests be made? I know the are just requests, so am not sure if the timing truly matters? Our trip isn't until May '14.
Please see my post above for the BLT thread link. You can add your room location request to your reservation anytime, but make sure it's in there NLT about a week prior to arrival. Reservations are usually dropped into the resort system about 3-5 days prior to arrival which is when the Room Assignor will assign your room.

For BLT room location questions, you can't beat posting to Work2Play's BLT room view thread, if you haven't already done so. She has a great chart in her first post and very knowledgeable posters.

Please see my post above for the BLT thread link. You can add your room location request to your reservation anytime, but make sure it's in there NLT about a week prior to arrival. Reservations are usually dropped into the resort system about 3-5 days prior to arrival which is when the Room Assignor will assign your room.

Thanks, much!

For some reason I cannot decide if I will be disappointed in the garden wing room or not....we would like to stay at CR for proximity to Mk and MNSSHP and seeing as we won't be in the room to see the fireworks at night I don't feel like TPV would be worth it this time...should I do garden wing room or lake view room for this part of our stay?

If you can book the tower (any view) now, then do it. My family of 4 stayed in CR, South GW, Lake view in 1988 during our first Disney vacation and again 1990. It has taken me 25 years to finally book a tower room. Since day one, it has been a dream to do so. Seems in previous years, we could not be certain of getting a tower room since tower rooms were assigned according to any other "room requests" and were not guaranteed. So don't put it off. Things change fast. Loved the lake view rooms. The passing by of the Disney Navy each morning was an entertaining alarm clock that helped us make it on time for rope drops. That and all those wake up songs from the birds on Discover Island. That walk to the tower door each morning was a glorious sight, but only made us wish we had one of those rooms way up high. A dream is a heart your wish makes credit card payments for. Whatever.

We walk it going to the park and back from the park to BLT. It is shorter in AM and you avoid the crowds waiting for monorail in the PM.

We monorail nuts dig the fact that most of the walk is right under the monorail tracks. There is a video of the entire walk from the CR bus stop to the MK gate on Googly Plus Disney...a very SLOW walk so the camera was steady and could pan all around. I plan to walk it with my cup of coffee so that my starting fluid will kick in by the time I reach that weird gold ball with the not so hidden Mickey on it.

If you can book the tower (any view) now, then do it. My family of 4 stayed in CR, South GW, Lake view in 1988 during our first Disney vacation and again 1990. It has taken me 25 years to finally book a tower room. Since day one, it has been a dream to do so. Seems in previous years, we could not be certain of getting a tower room since tower rooms were assigned according to any other "room requests" and were not guaranteed. So don't put it off. Things change fast. Loved the lake view rooms. The passing by of the Disney Navy each morning was an entertaining alarm clock that helped us make it on time for rope drops. That and all those wake up songs from the birds on Discover Island. That walk to the tower door each morning was a glorious sight, but only made us wish we had one of those rooms way up high. A dream is a heart your wish makes credit card payments for. Whatever.

thanks. I have always wanted to stay here but my kids want to stay at the poly again. I like the proximity to mk as we spend a lot of time there. I am thinking of booking garden wing and then upgrading if discounts come out. This is our last disney trip for a long time and our first time onsite for a week doing all the parks so I am super excited!! I have contemplated split stay with poly too so will see what happens.

Did you like tower better than garden wing??

Last week we received our "Mickey" mail and I noticed that there weren't any vouchers for the mugs (we are on DP). It says we get them but I'm not sure how we get them. Have they switch away from doing vouchers? Do we just present our KTTW card to get them?

Also, we received our Magic Bands today for the MyMagic+ test next month! We're all kind of excited and nervous about it at the same time. We've got all of our FP+ selections made (weird doing that being it is a month away). We'll see how it goes!

We monorail nuts dig the fact that most of the walk is right under the monorail tracks. There is a video of the entire walk from the CR bus stop to the MK gate on Googly Plus Disney...a very SLOW walk so the camera was steady and could pan all around. I plan to walk it with my cup of coffee so that my starting fluid will kick in by the time I reach that weird gold ball with the not so hidden Mickey on it.
I don't know if it's the same video, but in the Transportation section on the first page, I have a link to a video of the walk from the CR lobby escalator to the MK - it's about 10 minutes - plenty of time for you to refuel.

Bay Lake View is our favorite view, too. Congratulations on finally booking a Tower room! You'll LOVE it!

Last week we received our "Mickey" mail and I noticed that there weren't any vouchers for the mugs (we are on DP). It says we get them but I'm not sure how we get them. Have they switch away from doing vouchers? Do we just present our KTTW card to get them?

Also, we received our Magic Bands today for the MyMagic+ test next month! We're all kind of excited and nervous about it at the same time. We've got all of our FP+ selections made (weird doing that being it is a month away). We'll see how it goes!
I can't answer your mug question, but hopefully someone will. That's neat that you received your MBs. I wonder if we'll get them at check-in next week?

Thanks to this board we decided on part if not all of our stay at cr! thanks for all the info. Just waiting to decide on garden wing or tower?

They are attached to your room key. When you check in/get kttw card or band you got to qs location on property pick your number of mugs and tell the cashier you are on the dining plan.

LOL. You guys are awesome!!

The reason I was contemplating garden wing was a cheaper stay but still being close to MK. We won't be in the room the first night as we always do wishes in the park. The second day we will be using the pool etc and doing mnsshp that night so again not in the room. We want to do dinners at boma and 1900 park fare and California grill hopefully. So we won't be in the room lots at all.

Is it worth it to be in the tower? I thought of doing garden wing for four nights and upgrading to TPV for last three nights?,!

DH wants to someday do a BLT/CR-CL split! Have you considered that?

Hubby says absolutely NO SPLITS!!!! He says once he is settled he likes to stay put, although he is definitely not the one who packs and unpacks ;) I really think we are going to like the space in the 1BR and now with TPV, hopefully the kids won't miss the tower too much, especially since I am sure we will be in it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

thanks. I have always wanted to stay here but my kids want to stay at the poly again. I like the proximity to mk as we spend a lot of time there. I am thinking of booking garden wing and then upgrading if discounts come out. This is our last disney trip for a long time and our first time onsite for a week doing all the parks so I am super excited!! I have contemplated split stay with poly too so will see what happens.

Did you like tower better than garden wing??

Hi! We just stayed in a Garden Wing room a week ago for two nights before our cruise. I have stayed at Poly and GF many times, but this was our first CR stay. I loved the Garden Wing. We booked a standard view and were upgraded to a view where we saw water and a lovely courtyard (4th floor). It was really quiet and peaceful at CR in the Garden Wing. We all remarked how noisy it must be to have a tower room overlooking Chef Mickeys. The room cost us just a shade under $300.00 per night with summer discounts, so much less than a room in the tower. We walked to MK to catch a boat to the Poly after the monorail broke down and walked to and from MK park the next day. The rooms were nice, spacious, could have been cleaner but ok. Tower rooms are identical and I would not have wanted to pay much more than I did. Not that you asked, but we liked CR a lot: pool, rooms, location, lack of crowds. But the theming of the Poly still wins for us, hands down. Enjoy!

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;49044198]Hi! We just stayed in a Garden Wing room a week ago for two nights before our cruise. I have stayed at Poly and GF many times, but this was our first CR stay. I loved the Garden Wing. We booked a standard view and were upgraded to a view where we saw water and a lovely courtyard (4th floor). It was really quiet and peaceful at CR in the Garden Wing. We all remarked how noisy it must be to have a tower room overlooking Chef Mickeys. The room cost us just a shade under $300.00 per night with summer discounts, so much less than a room in the tower. We walked to MK to catch a boat to the Poly after the monorail broke down and walked to and from MK park the next day. The rooms were nice, spacious, could have been cleaner but ok. Tower rooms are identical and I would not have wanted to pay much more than I did. Not that you asked, but we liked CR a lot: pool, rooms, location, lack of crowds. But the theming of the Poly still wins for us, hands down. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks. We loved the poly after we stayed there for two nights this march. My kids want to go back there but there is construction planned for when we want to go so am thinking CR or CR/AKV split stay.

Everyone talks about the view from TPV with regards to the fireworks and while that is the view that I look forward to, you also can't beat the daytime view. You can be in your room and still have the magic of the parks! It's wonderful for the first thing you see in the morning to be the castle and space mountain. If you get an odd numbered room, you can actually lay in your bed and see the castle. Nothing like bringing the sights of MK right into your room. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter