(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is called a "boardwalk greens" view. There are a limited # that are considered standard view, so don't get your hopes up, but they are just lovely.
-former BW front desk CM :)
Thank you for posting this information. I'm going to add it to the first page:)

Wow this is quite the thread!

Sorry to post some questions that have probably already been answered, but here goes.

How long before gates to Epcot open does boat service start?

Do gates to Epcot open early at the back entrance since WS is not open yet? (Wondering about the race for FP.)

How long is the walk to Hollywood Studios? (From villas)

We are staying in a 1br standard view studio through DVC renting points, are those located in a particular area/wing? (By community center?). I'm trying to get my bearings.

Thanks in advance, I'm sorry to post questions that are probably repeats.
Welcome and feel free to post any questions you'd like. The Friendship boats operate one hour prior to park opening, including AM EMH days.

We are officially booked for one night January 18, 2014 at BWV. I am know hoping our waitlist comes through for the rest of our week January 19-25, 2014. Otherwise we will remain at BLT for those days.
I hope your wait-list comes through, too. Keep us posted.

Hi there! My husband and I will be staying at BWV in September and I'm hoping for some direction on the best room request.

We've rented DVC points and have a "Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View" room. We have stayed at BWV once before while celebrating our anniversary, but we made reservations directly through Disney's website. I'm not sure if certain rooms are for DVC points only and some for DRC (is that the right abbreviation?).

Anyway, when we stayed before we were in room 5034 and it was PERFECT. If I knew how to post videos I'd show you my reaction when we went on the balcony - I flipped out. I was expecting a parking lot view, but somehow we had this amazing view of the Luna Park pool and Hollywood Studios. pixiedust: It was our first time in a deluxe resort and I was hooked from that moment on!

So, this time around I am hoping to get a view just as awesome! The online check-in site only gives me a few options (ground floor, upper floor, near lobby or elevator, pool view). Should I call and make a specific request to be in that same area or just mark "pool view, upper floor" when doing online check in? Or, alternatively, do you know of a better view that I'm totally oblivious to?:rotfl2:

Thanks in advance for the help!

The online check-in site only gives me a few options (ground floor, upper floor, near lobby or elevator, pool view). Should I call and make a specific request to be in that same area or just mark "pool view, upper floor" when doing online check in? Or, alternatively, do you know of a better view that I'm totally oblivious to?:rotfl2:

Thanks in advance for the help!

We've rented DVC points for BWV in the past, and are doing so again for our trip in January. However, I've never been given the option for 'room request' on the online check-in website! Where did you get to these options? We've always just played luck-of-the-draw when it comes to view, but it would be nice to have a bit of control! Maybe I always get glitches.... :confused3

JustLikeBelle...The person you rented points from should be able to add a request to your reservation.

If you like quiet and peaceful, we had a beautiful top floor villa that overlooked the quiet pool, waterway, and faced HS. We could see Tower of Terror and even EE in the distance. It was lovely and did I mention quiet.

We've rented DVC points for BWV in the past, and are doing so again for our trip in January. However, I've never been given the option for 'room request' on the online check-in website! Where did you get to these options? We've always just played luck-of-the-draw when it comes to view, but it would be nice to have a bit of control! Maybe I always get glitches.... :confused3

Hi! We rented points through a 3rd party company. I'm not really sure if that makes any difference when doing online check-in, but I thought I'd throw that out there. It's glitching for me right now so I can't tell you exactly what it says, but I think it's on the 3rd page of the check-in process. There is a line that says something like "you haven't made any room requests" or something along those lines, but it's a hyperlink and when I click on it it opens up a new page with the different options. It allows me to choose 2 of those options. The disney website drives me crazy - so many glitches all the time!!

JustLikeBelle...The person you rented points from should be able to add a request to your reservation.

If you like quiet and peaceful, we had a beautiful top floor villa that overlooked the quiet pool, waterway, and faced HS. We could see Tower of Terror and even EE in the distance. It was lovely and did I mention quiet.

Oooo - seeing EE would be pretty awesome! Before staying at deluxe resorts I never thought I'd spend much time on the balcony, but once we stayed at BWV with the DHS view I definitely made room in our plans for balcony sitting!

Thank you for the help!

DVC reservation or DRC reservation? It makes a difference.

You know you have a lockoff two bedroom, right? There are no dedicated two bedroom villas at BWV.

DVC Standard view is along the front drive and parking lot.

DRC standard view is what DVC calls pool/garden because all the DVC standard view villas are booked at 11 months out.

It's a DVC reservation. My first vacation club trip!

Hi! We rented points through a 3rd party company. I'm not really sure if that makes any difference when doing online check-in, but I thought I'd throw that out there. It's glitching for me right now so I can't tell you exactly what it says, but I think it's on the 3rd page of the check-in process. There is a line that says something like "you haven't made any room requests" or something along those lines, but it's a hyperlink and when I click on it it opens up a new page with the different options. It allows me to choose 2 of those options. The disney website drives me crazy - so many glitches all the time!!

We rented points last year to stay at BLT and during online check-in there was a spot for room requests. I don't remember exactly where it was, other than it was fairly obvious. I just started online check in for our BWV stay (also rented points) and there is a spot to "add room requests" or something to that effect :-)

Room request question (knowing full well room requests may not be granted :thumbsup2).

We are staying in a BWV standard studio on points, these are the rooms facing the driveway/far canal, as far as I can tell. I would prefer a relatively quiet room (as DD will be 2 and we will be in the room for naps and the like), which I am thinking means do not request a room near the lobby. How are the stairs throughout the resort? Are they readily accessible and do people use the, or are they more 'unused fire escape' stairs. We'll have a stroller, so ground floor might be easier, but higher floors would mean a potential view and a balcony in lieu of a patio. Any thoughts?

I've never had any room request options when using OLCI using DVC points either. I asked on a thread on the DVC board and was told they were only for cash reservations, so I'm surprised to hear that too!

Room request question (knowing full well room requests may not be granted :thumbsup2).

We are staying in a BWV standard studio on points, these are the rooms facing the driveway/far canal, as far as I can tell. I would prefer a relatively quiet room (as DD will be 2 and we will be in the room for naps and the like), which I am thinking means do not request a room near the lobby. How are the stairs throughout the resort? Are they readily accessible and do people use the, or are they more 'unused fire escape' stairs. We'll have a stroller, so ground floor might be easier, but higher floors would mean a potential view and a balcony in lieu of a patio. Any thoughts?

We use the stairs all the time. I'd either request to face the tennis courts (end of hall), or across from the bus stop (slightly closer). At the beginning of this thread, you'll see pictures of a 2 bedroom standard view we had on the first floor across from the bus stop and see the view.

From Mouseplanet.com:

BoardWalk guest parking lot renovation through July 19

We are going in November for our first visit to the Boardwalk. We are super excited. We have only stayed at value resorts before so this will be a big change for us.

I've never had any room request options when using OLCI using DVC points either. I asked on a thread on the DVC board and was told they were only for cash reservations, so I'm surprised to hear that too!

The options I see via online check-in a limited: high floor, ground floor, near elevators, near lobby, pool view (don't even think that was possible with points standard view....), etc. I think if I actually want to make a specific request (I.e. near tennis courts or something like that) I would have to check with the person I am renting from?

Thanks for the tips on room location! I probably just won't request "near lobby" or "near elevator" and may go ahead and request a higher floor knowing that the stairs are a viable option (and probably a good way to help burn off some of the goodies we'll be snacking on)

The options I see via online check-in a limited: high floor, ground floor, near elevators, near lobby, pool view (don't even think that was possible with points standard view....), etc. I think if I actually want to make a specific request (I.e. near tennis courts or something like that) I would have to check with the person I am renting from?

Thanks for the tips on room location! I probably just won't request "near lobby" or "near elevator" and may go ahead and request a higher floor knowing that the stairs are a viable option (and probably a good way to help burn off some of the goodies we'll be snacking on)

Correct, the special requests would need to made with MS via the member. I'd avoid the near elevators and near lobby, and you should be ok. If the second digit of your room number is a 1 and not 0 (x1xx) you shouldn't have any issues.

I rented points to stay at BWV in June in a standard view studio. I had the member I rented from add a quiet location request to my reservation. We were in room 4085, it was a great location. I was worried at first because it was right next to the ice machine, but it was very quiet. I even had my mom go next door and get some ice, didn't hear anything. Our view overlooked the front drive and we could see the high fireworks from EPCOT, we spent a few nights on the balcony watching them.
There were stairs almost straight across the hall and the elevator wasn't too far. We used the stairs some, but used the elevator more. Also our studio wasn't connected to any other rooms. I think some are connected and they make the 2 bedroom villas.

We are going in November for our first visit to the Boardwalk. We are super excited. We have only stayed at value resorts before so this will be a big change for us.
Welcome and congratulations on booking your first (but not your last;)) Deluxe. You're going to love the amenities, and ease of walking right to Epcot and DHS or taking the boat. Your family will love staying in the Epcot area!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General...ound_in_Disney_s_guest_room_refrigerators.htm

So how do they want guests to keep drinks cold in their rooms in the sweltering summer heat?!?! An ice bucket? Argh........That won't cool it enough to take to the parks & stay cold.
Thanks for posting the link about the removal of all room fridges. Someone asked about this on the WL thread yesterday and I found this comment on a DIS thread about the removal:

While on the phone with Disney services today, I was told that if the cord to the fridge is rubber banded together, then it is not to be used and there would be a letter explaining that in the room. If that is the case, the guest can call and request a fridge for the room. If none are available, the guest can request a $15 per night credit put on the room charge.

If you think you (not directed toward TaraPA) might need a fridge for medical reasons, such as insulin, etc..., I suggest making sure the request is in your reservation so your chances are better of having one in your room upon arrival. Rooms with regular-sized fridges such as DVC, FWC and Family Suites are not being removed.

Getting married at Sea Breeze Point in November and doing our first say at the Boardwalk! Love the area so much, I can't even wait!!! Counting down the days, we just have a standard room booked, but understand for the best view to request something on the top floor any other tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter