(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! We are traveling next month for 8 nights. We've been all over the place with changing resorts (it's kind of a game for me..haha). We own DVC and initially had 3 nights at BWV, but decided to use the points at WL and book 4 nights BWI CL! I'm so super excited!! We arrive at the BWI on 8/18, checking out 8/22. DS turns 3 on 8/21 :) Nice way to spend his birthday!

Any recent reviews of the BWI CL?? Our home resort is BWV, so we've stayed there a number of times but this is our first trip to the Inn side. Can't wait!
Welcome! I'll add your dates to the BW Bulletin. My BWI/CL review is from April 2012, so it's not that recent, but it's posted HERE.

In 16 days I'm heading on Honeymoon and we're staying here for the first week (30 July - 06 Aug). I cannot wait!

I've never been, but I just have that feeling I'm going to love the place. Both the theme and location look perfect, as I'm a big fan of:
1920s - 1950s culture
Epcot
DHS (Yes I'm their one fan)
And most importantly eating

My one regret is we will not be there long enough to try every restaurant, and that we didn't book a Boardwalk View (but if we did we couldn't afford a deluxe for weeks 2 and 3).

I'm fully expecting both my Fiancée and I to love the place to the point where we will have to go back every time (meaning even longer waits between trips!).

I'm just wondering does anyone know if there's much BWI merch available? Ideally in the form of pins and magnets and other keepsakes such as picture frames.
Welcome! You posted on the WL thread that you'd be staying there your last two weeks. Maybe you could do some of the missed dining then? There is quite a bit of BW merchandise. I have photos from April 2012 on the first page.

I hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon:love:

In 16 days I'm heading on Honeymoon and we're staying here for the first week (30 July - 06 Aug). I cannot wait!

I'm fully expecting both my Fiancée and I to love the place to the point where we will have to go back every time (meaning even longer waits between trips!).

Congrats and have a great trip. If you don't get all that dining in, you'll have a reason to return on the 1 year anniversary.

We will arrive at the BWI on 9/23, checking out 10/1. We took the Deluxe Dining, paying just the upgrade from Dining Plan, because the Dining Plan free!

Welcome! I'll add your dates to the BW Bulletin. My BWI/CL review is from April 2012, so it's not that recent, but it's posted HERE.

Welcome! You posted on the WL thread that you'd be staying there your last two weeks. Maybe you could do some of the missed dining then? There is quite a bit of BW merchandise. I have photos from April 2012 on the first page.

I hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon:love:
The two weeks in WL we are using to fit in the rest of WDW dining and any off-site eating. We will probably just have to book another visit ;)

We will arrive at the BWI on 9/23, checking out 10/1. We took the Deluxe Dining, paying just the upgrade from Dining Plan, because the Dining Plan free!

With all those dining credits, make sure you try Flying Fish and Yachtsman's Steakhouse across the water. Both are worth the two credits!

Miss :wave: We found the Std room much quieter than the WV room we had the previous trip. I actually kinda missed the noise of the performers and sounds from the water but DH liked the Std view more as there was a good amount of foliage, we had requested 3rd floor and even though our room was just about parallel to the entrance to BWI we were not bothered by noise from traffic or buses.

Thanks Sheila! :goodvibes Quiet is just the ticket -- for ME anyway, don't think the other two care all that much. That SV you had sounds kinda similar to our first SV room we had at BC, overlooked the entrance. The bus noise didn't bother us (although the "GV" room we had at YC ... the bus stop noise was horrible! :scared: )

Hoping to be able to rent points at BWV for our Nov 2014 (honeymoon!) stay. It's just the two of us, so we only need a studio.

I see people often have to split their stay... Do you think it's at all likely we might get our full 6 days, or do they just go too fast, even if I request at 11 months out?

I think it's likely that you'll get the full 6 days in a studio, especially at 11 months out. We requested points only 6 months out and got 4 nights in a studio for January.. We did have to split into a 1bed for our other 3 nights but I was still happy to get it

Good luck and enjoy!

http://www.wdwent.com/ Go to this link and click on "Boardwalk" :thumbsup2
I'll have to add your great link to the first page - thanks!

Welcome and congratulations on booking BWI. You have lots of fun ADRs to make:). I'll add you to our BW Bulletin.

I can't find what I consider to be good pictures of a BWI Deluxe Room-Club level. I'm trying to decide if three adults and two children in pack n plays (ages 2 years and 6 months) would sleep comfortably. Specifically, would there be room for two pack n plays with a little separation; e.g., one by the window and one by the door? Would a Garden Suite be preferable? Any advice and/or pictures would be great. Thanks in advance!

I think it's likely that you'll get the full 6 days in a studio, especially at 11 months out. We requested points only 6 months out and got 4 nights in a studio for January.. We did have to split into a 1bed for our other 3 nights but I was still happy to get it

Good luck and enjoy!

Lucky you to get in SV studio at 6 months out in January. We have been on a waitlisting to get in BWV SV Studio at 7 months out in January.

I can't find what I consider to be good pictures of a BWI Deluxe Room-Club level. I'm trying to decide if three adults and two children in pack n plays (ages 2 years and 6 months) would sleep comfortably. Specifically, would there be room for two pack n plays with a little separation; e.g., one by the window and one by the door? Would a Garden Suite be preferable? Any advice and/or pictures would be great. Thanks in advance!
So the Deluxe room and Cottage photos on the first page weren't helpful?

There wouldn't be room by the door, but there is room in the area pictured in the hyperlink above that has the TV and sleeper sofa by the sliding glass door. The cottages are much larger, but they are not located within the same building as the CL lounge and they all have one king upstairs in a loft and one sleeper downstairs in the living room.

babyblue61 said:

We stayed in the deluxe CL room just a few weeks ago. It's quite large--it felt like double the space of a regular room even though I know it's not--and would be plenty big for three adults and two pack n plays, provided that you don't unfold the sleeper sofa. If you do, then yo'll still have plenty of room, but it will be harder to separate the PNPs.

Thank you! It's difficult to see the space by the door in the photos, but, from what you have both said, I think I will try the pack n plays in the living room area, which we would not be using for sleeping. Thanks again!

babyblue61 said:
Thank you! It's difficult to see the space by the door in the photos, but, from what you have both said, I think I will try the pack n plays in the living room area, which we would not be using for sleeping. Thanks again!

Enjoy! It's a fantastic room! When booking, request the third floor--they have bigger balconies. There's a staircase right by the room which takes you directly up to the 4th floor and the CL entrance.

Couple of questions about the Garden Suites we are thinking of switching from the BC CL for our Oct trip...

I think I read somewhere that there's a half bath on the first floor. Is that true?

Where are the entrances to the main building and to the boardwalk? Is it far to go?

Thanks! :)

Hiya Kook,
It's probably the heat advisory weather we're having here, but I couldn't help myself. SAB was just too tempting. :laughing:
I know we'll stay at BWI again, so I'll continue to lurk on your friendly thread!:goodvibes

Couple of questions about the Garden Suites we are thinking of switching from the BC CL for our Oct trip...

I think I read somewhere that there's a half bath on the first floor. Is that true?

Where are the entrances to the main building and to the boardwalk? Is it far to go?

Thanks! :)

Not that I've ever stayed in a Cottage, but yes, there is a 1/2 bath on the first floor. Allears has a nice photo gallery here http://allears.net/acc/g_bwi.htm

We stayed at BWI in March and are heading back in a couple of weeks. The cottages are in the garden area of the Inn side. We walked by them to go to the quiet pool. It is a little walk to get into the main building and then through the lobby to the exits, but I wouldn't call it far. They look lovely.

Hiya Kook,
It's probably the heat advisory weather we're having here, but I couldn't help myself. SAB was just too tempting. :laughing:
I know we'll stay at BWI again, so I'll continue to lurk on your friendly thread!:goodvibes
:rotfl:
The lure of the lazy river:beach:. You'll have a great WDW vacation no matter where you stay, but you're still on the BW, but are you still at AKL? Enjoy the YC and F&W and come by any of my threads anytime the mood strikes you.

Welcome and congratulations on booking BWI. You have lots of fun ADRs to make:). I'll add you to our BW Bulletin.

Thanks a lot .... it's our first stay in Boardwalk and Epcot area resort.... we cannot wait for the food & wine !!! and for the table and signature restaurants !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter