(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psac. We have had good weather. Short rains for the most part except today longer periods. It is gorgeous right now sitting on our balcony watching the Boardwalk. Entertainers r inside tonight because it is still wet out there ;)

Psac. We have had good weather. Short rains for the most part except today longer periods. It is gorgeous right now sitting on our balcony watching the Boardwalk. Entertainers r inside tonight because it is still wet out there ;)

Awesome!! Hope it continues.

I always feel bad for the entertainers when they're inside, though, usually much smaller crowds.

Enjoy!

We received our Magical Express mail with the vouchers and luggage tags. Only 33 days until we go to BWI. (I really don't want to wish summer away, but I am sooooo looking forward to WDW and a break from the real world.)

Miss Kooktastical :hug:I've been booked at BWI CL for 2 whole days and haven't stopped by. Perhaps I thought you might need a new eraser :flower3: The Pas crew will be (well is booked) at the Innkeeper's Club from July 20-25th :drive:

I tried searching and looking at threads but was curious if anyone knew..

We are planning a split stay between CSR and BWI next March/April and plan to be at BWI 5 nights and will be booking a standard CL room. Any idea how many of these rooms actually face the boardwalk..just debating on splurging for the Deluxe to guarantee it if they are very slim. Thanks for any info :)
Welcome and congratulations on booking. I don't know the actual number of BWV CL rooms other than the ten Deluxe rooms. Maybe someone else will know:listen:

I am back just 2 weeks from our last trip and I am being drawn to think about the next one. We stayed the last 2 trips at Beach Club CL. We spent a bit more time over at the Boardwalk this trip. The kids were saying that they wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn the next trip. I have a few questions:

1. What floor is CL and is it the top floor of the building?
2. On the resort map it seems like the main floor is a bit far from the hotel portion or does it just look that way on the map?
3. For those who have stayed both at the Boardwalk and Beach Club, how to do the compare or why do you prefer one over the other?
Welcome!

The Innkeeper's Club and all STD CL rooms are located on the 4th floor. Unlike most CLs, it isn't on the top floor, the 5th is the highest BWI floor.

It's about a 5 minute trek to the lobby/exit area from CL.

I've not stayed at BC so I can't answer your question, but I know others canpopcorn::

We received our Magical Express mail with the vouchers and luggage tags. Only 33 days until we go to BWI. (I really don't want to wish summer away, but I am sooooo looking forward to WDW and a break from the real world.)
WOOHOO! I know just what you mean about feeling like you're far from reality when you're vacationing at WDW:worship:

Miss Kooktastical :hug:I've been booked at BWI CL for 2 whole days and haven't stopped by. Perhaps I thought you might need a new eraser :flower3: The Pas crew will be (well is booked) at the Innkeeper's Club from July 20-25th :drive:
There you are, Miss Pastastical Changerama! I'd be honored to re-introduce you to the BW Bulletin and nope, I always have a little ink left in my magical erasing quill for you;). What view did you request? Is everyone excited and ready to do the BW Boogie?

popcorn:: I'm anticipating a change...(am I totally off on this one???) :teeth:

Just curious, Jeanette...how did you talk your DH into more of Disney and less of Universal??? :laughing: Gotta love this man!

I had a lovely time last August watching the magician in the Belle Vue Lounge.

I am back just 2 weeks from our last trip and I am being drawn to think about the next one. We stayed the last 2 trips at Beach Club CL. We spent a bit more time over at the Boardwalk this trip. The kids were saying that they wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn the next trip. I have a few questions:

1. What floor is CL and is it the top floor of the building?
2. On the resort map it seems like the main floor is a bit far from the hotel portion or does it just look that way on the map?
3. For those who have stayed both at the Boardwalk and Beach Club, how to do the compare or why do you prefer one over the other?

I've stayed at both and here are my thoughts.

1. WDWKOOK already answered this. Yes, at BC it's a dedicated top (5th) floor.
2. I hear a lot of complaints about long walks at BWI, but I've never experienced this.

3. I have stayed CL at both BC and BWI. It truly depends on the day. If you ask me on Monday what my favorite WDW resort is, I'll say "BWI," if you ask me Tuesday, I'll say "BC," but by Wednesday, I'll be back to BWI. As far as CL goes, it's really the same. Both have their plusses and minuses.

At BWI, the lounge is huge, and roomy and has never felt crowded. The CMs are outstanding. Scott, Anita, Jackie and JJ have been especially kind to us and fun to be around. Food offerings have always been great, and I love looking off the balcony at the quiet pool, and the Eiffel Tower. The cons are that to my knowledge are that there are some rooms that are not in the dedicated CL area, and for me, the pricing structure. Allow me to explain. At BC, there are 3 categories are standard view, garden view, and water/lagoon view. So, before you get there, you know what's going to be outside your window. At BWI, standard CL rooms come with a view of either the quiet pool/back gardens, or of the BoardWalk itself. Call me competitive, but it would boil my blood if I was looking out back (which is normally a lovely view), when someone who paid the same as me across the hall has a BoardWalk view. Luckily, on my first CL stay, we got a BW view, and on my 2nd stay we paid for a deluxe CL room, which guaranteed a BW view. Sorry, is that crazy? Views mean a lot to me, and knowing for the same price there are lovely views and outstanding views, I hate the stress of wondering which view we'd get.

At BC CL, you do have all the rooms in one place, on one floor. The CMs are top-notch. On our August '12 trip, Chip was by far our favorite CM. The lounge area is beautiful, and the lounge itself is beautiful, but my biggest complaint is that it's waaaaaaaaaay too small. It felt packed all the time, and getting to the food felt like a bottleneck. The lounge balcony overlooks the front porte 'de cochere, and is a very narrow balcony. I still love it there, but getting to and enjoying the lounge at BWI is easier.

Hope that helps...I can answer more specific questions if you'd like.

Scott-yes we have seen them in lobby and Brian used to come to lounge too when raining.
July 3rd. I expected the worst for crowds at mk. Wow! We walked on to pooh fist as Peter Pan was down. Back to Peter Pan. Rode 2 times no wait. On to haunted mansion 2 times no wait. Splash walk through no wait. Big thunder walk through rode twice no wait. Walked on to pirates jungle cruise then DH and I did people mover and carousel while dd and friend rode space mountain twice. Quick lunch. Philharmagic monorail back to Epcot walk back to Boardwalkand I am in room at 1:15. It was amazing today

Thanks for answering my questions! BWI is definitely going to be in the running for our next trip- I wish it were going to be sooner than later!

I was just talking to someone at work today that can't stand Disney- I can't image. I guess I drank a large amount of Disney Kool-Aid and I am now hooked and addicted!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY...

Mickey-Mouse-Disney-World-July-4-Independence-Day1.png

disney-wishes-fireworks-show.jpg

Scott-yes we have seen them in lobby and Brian used to come to lounge too when raining.
July 3rd. I expected the worst for crowds at mk. Wow! We walked on to pooh fist as Peter Pan was down. Back to Peter Pan. Rode 2 times no wait. On to haunted mansion 2 times no wait. Splash walk through no wait. Big thunder walk through rode twice no wait. Walked on to pirates jungle cruise then DH and I did people mover and carousel while dd and friend rode space mountain twice. Quick lunch. Philharmagic monorail back to Epcot walk back to Boardwalkand I am in room at 1:15. It was amazing today

Wow--shocked that you were able to do so much yesterday at MK!!! Sounds great!

Just had to chuckle at my conversation with CRO. I called to add our 1st night and BWI Deluxe CL was available so I took it (still might change to something else for 1-2 nights to save some $$$)...but the CM was clueless!

Me: I'd like to add a room request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: I can't do that ma'am, these rooms are only on the 3rd & 4th floor.
Me: I know, they are above Seashore Sweets & Boardwalk Bakery, I'd like to request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: Are you asking to request a BW view, because I can't guarantee a BW view with this room type.
Me: Um, yes all BWI Deluxe CL rooms ARE BW view. It's non-deluxe CL that has no view guarantee.
CRO: No, with this type of room you aren't guaranteed a view, and I can't ask for something above Seashore Sweets because there may be no rooms in that area of the resort.
Me: (grumbling in my head) Please just add NO requests (because I will call back & get someone who knows what they're talking about!)

I emailed IPO to see if they can add it.

I hope everyone is beating the heat, it sure is hot & steamy here in PA today! Getting me prepared for August in WDW1!

Just had to chuckle at my conversation with CRO. I called to add our 1st night and BWI Deluxe CL was available so I took it (still might change to something else for 1-2 nights to save some $$$)...but the CM was clueless!

Me: I'd like to add a room request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: I can't do that ma'am, these rooms are only on the 3rd & 4th floor.
Me: I know, they are above Seashore Sweets & Boardwalk Bakery, I'd like to request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: Are you asking to request a BW view, because I can't guarantee a BW view with this room type.
Me: Um, yes all BWI Deluxe CL rooms ARE BW view. It's non-deluxe CL that has no view guarantee.
CRO: No, with this type of room you aren't guaranteed a view, and I can't ask for something above Seashore Sweets because there may be no rooms in that area of the resort.
Me: (grumbling in my head) Please just add NO requests (because I will call back & get someone who knows what they're talking about!)

I emailed IPO to see if they can add it.

I hope everyone is beating the heat, it sure is hot & steamy here in PA today! Getting me prepared for August in WDW1!
UGH!!! I can just picture your conversation and frustration level. The IPO should always be your first line of defense, so I'm sure they'll be happy to add your request.

I love how she was unable to guarantee something that's already guaranteed and you didn't even request! Some seem to know so little about each resort, and while I don't expect them to be as obsessed as we are, they could at least just put down any request you want, especially if you're explaining its legitimacy. They need a little cheat sheet they can follow along when in doubt, like a Disney Resort flow chart. You know we could all write one!

Let us know what the IPO replies. Hope it's something like, "I've added your requests to your reservation." :thumbsup2

Hi all,

We are planning our first trip to BWV for October, 2014. :yay: Renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. One member of our party has arthritis so we would like to be as close to transportation and the paths to Epcot/Studios as possible. Is there such a place??? What should we ask for? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

Hi all,

We are planning our first trip to BWV for October, 2014. :yay: Renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. One member of our party has arthritis so we would like to be as close to transportation and the paths to Epcot/Studios as possible. Is there such a place??? What should we ask for? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

You might want to rent a scooter for your guest with arthritis. That would make it a lot easier to get around. Plus scooters can go on the Friendship boats to Epcot and DHS.

Drawing a complete blank! We were just at BWI SV in May at received a view of Epcot. When requesting an Epcot view room, is it a "garden view" or a "courtyard view" room? I requested one for May, but now can't remember which it is!!

We are so excited for our first stay at BWV! We'll be there in 32 days:) We have friends staying the same week at BWI. We both have standard rooms. I have a few questions... How far apart could we be in reality? Also, I have a package for their sons first trip. I'd like it to be a surprise at check in. We arrive 2 days prior to them. Would it be best to take it to the desk on their arrival day? Finally, are there different check in areas for the villas and inn or are they the same? Thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter