(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I was just on the phone with a CM who said that the only requests that can be made when booking a SV room is garden. Otherwise the room will face a parking lot.

I asked about an Epcot view and she said that is not possible to ask for when booking a SV. Was that right? I just took the info and will call back later. Should I just be asking for a garden view then?:confused3

I would call back and try again. They may not like to call it an Epcot view because its not like a MK view at the contemporary, but a knowledgable CM (and the room assigners) will know what the request means!
Good luck!

Does anyone know if doing online check-in early increases your chances of getting your requests as opposed to waiting until 30 or so days out?
No, it won't make any difference. Your reservation will still be dropped into the resort's system about 5 days prior to arrival. The Room Assignor will see your requests and assign your room about 3-5 days prior to checking-in.

Hi everyone! I was just on the phone with a CM who said that the only requests that can be made when booking a SV room is garden. Otherwise the room will face a parking lot.

I asked about an Epcot view and she said that is not possible to ask for when booking a SV. Was that right? I just took the info and will call back later. Should I just be asking for a garden view then?:confused3
:wave:
psac is correct, you need to call back. You can request anything you want, as it's only a request anyway. I don't know why the CM was hesitant as I've always had every request noted and never questioned by the WDTC. Sometimes they'll ask why I'm requesting "an odd numbered room" at CR, for example, but they've never denied noting a request. In fact, when I last booked CR, I mentioned the odd numbered room is often requested, but I didn't request it because I was also requesting a couple of other things. The CM actually asked me if I'd like to add it because there was plenty of room left for him to do so, even with two other requests.

If you've booked a STD View and would like a view like I posted on 6/26 above, just call the WDTC and ask them to tell you what requests are in your reservation, if "high floor" (the 5th floor is the one pictured above and is the highest non-CL floor) and "Epcot View" aren't in there, ask them to add it. Make sure you don't have any other "old" requests that don't pertain. Then ask the CM to read back all your requests. I know for a fact that they can "fit" at least three requests. When you check-in, ask the CM if you have an Epcot View.

Good luck and let us know what happens:)

Sfbank reporting live from Hollywood studios. Crowds are big here today too. We took our time this morning and got to rope drop I time not 1/2 hr ahead. Walked in. DH went to get fp for toy story while I took dd and her friend on tower of terror. Wait showed 30 it was 20. Not bad but only 9:20!!! R-n-r was a 30 min wait when DH took the kids. Definately crowded but we are not in a hurry.
Over in the BW lounge it was busy this morning. Two little girls joined DH and I since our kid was still getting out of bed lol. Weather is nice. We do miss Brian on the Boardwalk. Though about making a banner for our balcony that says we miss Brian!!:thumbsup2

This thread has been such a great help with planning our upcoming (first) stay BWV.

I do have a question. Does anyone know any information on shipping items ahead of time to Boardwalk villas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sfbank reporting live from Hollywood studios. Crowds are big here today too. We took our time this morning and got to rope drop I time not 1/2 hr ahead. Walked in. DH went to get fp for toy story while I took dd and her friend on tower of terror. Wait showed 30 it was 20. Not bad but only 9:20!!! R-n-r was a 30 min wait when DH took the kids. Definately crowded but we are not in a hurry.
Over in the BW lounge it was busy this morning. Two little girls joined DH and I since our kid was still getting out of bed lol. Weather is nice. We do miss Brian on the Boardwalk. Though about making a banner for our balcony that says we miss Brian!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the updates - keep em coming!

Is Brian one of the buskers?

To the person that asked about shipping ahead - I've never done it but I think I read that since BW is a convention resort you have to pay a $15 fee just to get the package at the front desk. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd be interested in shipping some thing down beforehand as well.

No, it won't make any difference. Your reservation will still be dropped into the resort's system about 5 days prior to arrival. The Room Assignor will see your requests and assign your room about 3-5 days prior to checking-in.

Thank you! It's good to know I don't have to rush.

I would call back and try again. They may not like to call it an Epcot view because its not like a MK view at the contemporary, but a knowledgable CM (and the room assigners) will know what the request means!
Good luck!

:wave:
psac is correct, you need to call back. You can request anything you want, as it's only a request anyway. I don't know why the CM was hesitant as I've always had every request noted and never questioned by the WDTC. Sometimes they'll ask why I'm requesting "an odd numbered room" at CR, for example, but they've never denied noting a request. In fact, when I last booked CR, I mentioned the odd numbered room is often requested, but I didn't request it because I was also requesting a couple of other things. The CM actually asked me if I'd like to add it because there was plenty of room left for him to do so, even with two other requests.

If you've booked a STD View and would like a view like I posted on 6/26 above, just call the WDTC and ask them to tell you what requests are in your reservation, if "high floor" (the 5th floor is the one pictured above and is the highest non-CL floor) and "Epcot View" aren't in there, ask them to add it. Make sure you don't have any other "old" requests that don't pertain. Then ask the CM to read back all your requests. I know for a fact that they can "fit" at least three requests. When you check-in, ask the CM if you have an Epcot View.

Good luck and let us know what happens:)

Thank you both!!:goodvibes I am going to call back and talk with another CM tonight. We will get this sorted! The CM I talked to before was a little grumpy I think.;)

I love your intro - like you're a DIS/BWI reporter:thumbsup2

This thread has been such a great help with planning our upcoming (first) stay BWV.

I do have a question. Does anyone know any information on shipping items ahead of time to Boardwalk villas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm glad you've found the thread helpful in planning your stay.

The mailing address is:

Disney's Boardwalk Inn
2101 North Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Include your name, check-in date, and reservation # are on the label. You may have to pay a fee at pick-up, as TaraPA said, but some resorts you don't.

Here is the BWI shipping information (which I need to add to the first page) from: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

Shipping and Postal Services

Send and receive packages of all sizes during your stay at Walt Disney World Resort.

Parcel Handling (Incoming and Outgoing)

Your package can be picked up from or delivered to most locations at Walt Disney World Resort. You must be present to accept delivery. Handling fee covers one pickup or delivery only. (Contact the Front Desk if your Resort hotel does not have a Business Center.)

For same-day shipping, outbound parcels must be received in the package room by 4:30 PM Monday – Friday. Items received after 4:30 PM on Friday will be shipped on Monday unless special handling has been requested. Saturday shipping services are available until 11:30 AM with advance notice. Special rates apply.

Guests may drop off their completed/called-in packages at the Front Desk or Concierge. The Front Desk/Concierge will deliver them to the Business Center for shipping at no additional charge. Or if you prefer, you may bring your packages to the Business Center yourself.

Unless specified, all items sent from Walt Disney World Resort will be sent by air courier service, unless otherwise specified by the Guest.
Parcel Handling Fees

Handling fee includes receipt of item from carrier, storage for up to 3 days, onetime Guest package delivery or pickup, placing item with carrier for shipment, and tracking. Postage is not included.

Envelope: $3.00
Small Box: $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
Med Box: $5.00 (5 lbs – 20 lbs)
Large Box: $10.00 (21 lbs – 70 lbs)
Golf Club: $10.00
Display Cases: $15.00
Pallets: $70.00 per 100 lbs
Prices are subject to change.

Thanks for the updates - keep em coming!

Is Brian one of the buskers?

To the person that asked about shipping ahead - I've never done it but I think I read that since BW is a convention resort you have to pay a $15 fee just to get the package at the front desk. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd be interested in shipping some thing down beforehand as well.
Yes, he was a Busker. I think this is Brian, from Post #1:

busker_8050.jpg

Thank you! It's good to know I don't have to rush.
:goodvibes

Thank you both!!:goodvibes I am going to call back and talk with another CM tonight. We will get this sorted! The CM I talked to before was a little grumpy I think.;)
Sometimes you get a grumpy one, but seldom Grumpy. Glad you aren't giving up.

Is Brian the man in the purple long jacket that did the plunger-under-the-hat jokes? Oh I hope not - we LOVE him!!!!

Is Brian the man in the purple long jacket that did the plunger-under-the-hat jokes? Oh I hope not - we LOVE him!!!!

Yes, that was Brian and unfortunately he is no longer at the Boardwalk. We watched 3 of the new performers last night and all I can say is it won't be the same without Brian.:(

Noooooo!!!! We have a BW view room & I was sooooo looking forward to seeing him from our balcony in August! Is everything ok with him - or did he just move on to another profession?

He picked DS16 once when he was 12 or 13 & it was HILARIOUS. I couldn't even get clear pics because I was laughing so hard that the camera was shaking. DS had NO idea there was a plunger on his head & every time Brian would point to it the crowd just howled with laugher, which made DS laugh, but he didn't know why he was laughing!

Noooooo!!!! We have a BW view room & I was sooooo looking forward to seeing him from our balcony in August! Is everything ok with him - or did he just move on to another profession?

He picked DS16 once when he was 12 or 13 & it was HILARIOUS. I couldn't even get clear pics because I was laughing so hard that the camera was shaking. DS had NO idea there was a plunger on his head & every time Brian would point to it the crowd just howled with laugher, which made DS laugh, but he didn't know why he was laughing!

We loved Brian also. When dd 17, was 9 or 10, he chose her, and made little foam bunnies appear in her fisted hand. No clue how he did it, but she was in love instantly! She watched him every time she could and he would always acknowledge her. He was fantastic!!

Live from the boardwalk. Well up on the balcony over Flying Fish. Weather is great, Epcot was very manageable today. Got everything done we wanted to do with ease. Had a wonderful dinner again at Yachtsman. Best server around. Walter is there temporarily from California Grill while they refurb. We will look for him up there next year. Any questions just ask

Nice update sfbank! Have you happened to see where on the 3rd floor the laundry room is?

Live from the boardwalk. Well up on the balcony over Flying Fish. Weather is great, Epcot was very manageable today. Got everything done we wanted to do with ease. Had a wonderful dinner again at Yachtsman. Best server around. Walter is there temporarily from California Grill while they refurb. We will look for him up there next year. Any questions just ask

Love the Yachtsman, glad the weather is good for you :thumbsup2

Nice update sfbank! Have you happened to see where on the 3rd floor the laundry room is?

The laundry room is opposite the elevators :)

I tried searching and looking at threads but was curious if anyone knew..

We are planning a split stay between CSR and BWI next March/April and plan to be at BWI 5 nights and will be booking a standard CL room. Any idea how many of these rooms actually face the boardwalk..just debating on splurging for the Deluxe to guarantee it if they are very slim. Thanks for any info :)

Today was Animal Kingdom. It was a busy morning but we got everything done we wanted. Expedition Everest was down about 2 min from us getting on. They had to clear everyone out but gave us Fp good all day. We rode it twice did the safari with little wait rode Dinosaur and primeval whirl without wait.
Had lunch at Flame tree where one of the white birds with the long beak flew in and scared dd's friends jumping and hollering. It was funny. Finished up with tough to be a bug and headed out before the rain. In the room relaxing now

Today was Animal Kingdom. It was a busy morning but we got everything done we wanted. Expedition Everest was down about 2 min from us getting on. They had to clear everyone out but gave us Fp good all day. We rode it twice did the safari with little wait rode Dinosaur and primeval whirl without wait.
Had lunch at Flame tree where one of the white birds with the long beak flew in and scared dd's friends jumping and hollering. It was funny. Finished up with tough to be a bug and headed out before the rain. In the room relaxing now

Sounds like you're having a great trip!! :woohoo:

Good to hear the weather is manageable. We're coming down on Thursday (no BW this trip though), and the forecast has it a degree or two cooler in Orlando than where we live in NY. Hopefully it stays that way!

I am back just 2 weeks from our last trip and I am being drawn to think about the next one. We stayed the last 2 trips at Beach Club CL. We spent a bit more time over at the Boardwalk this trip. The kids were saying that they wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn the next trip. I have a few questions:

1. What floor is CL and is it the top floor of the building?
2. On the resort map it seems like the main floor is a bit far from the hotel portion or does it just look that way on the map?
3. For those who have stayed both at the Boardwalk and Beach Club, how to do the compare or why do you prefer one over the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter