(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmesq61 said:
Sorry gometros. We also have a recessed balcony. I kind of lime being out of the sun & rain but I see your point. May I suggest a strawberry julep at the Belle Vue lounge-makes everything seem rosier!!

Lol. Eating around the World Showcase helps too!

Here are pictures of the two bedroom villa - first floor, standard view.

0401.JPG

0492.JPG

0412.JPG

0422.JPG

0452.JPG

0461.JPG

048.JPG

0471.JPG

0502.JPG

0511.JPG

0532.JPG

0522.JPG

0362.JPG

0372.JPG

Thank you for posting the two bedroom villa photos, CaliforniaDreaming. I posted them to the DVC section on the first page. I gave you credit, but I need to make sure you took them because the image URL for all the photos is wdwinfo.com:confused3. Thanks!

Here are some from my stay at the Villas last year, too. Looking forward to returning in a few weeks!

0261.JPG

0303.JPG

029.JPG

0281.JPG

0271.JPG

0312.JPG

0383.JPG

0351.JPG
What villa type and view is this? If I have room, I'd like to post these, too to the first page or at least link to them here.
Live from the BWI. First time here. It's very nice. Had to switch rooms as the first one they gave us was not the water view we'd reserved. They were very nice about it. We are now right above Boardwalk Joe's. fun watching the sights go by from the balcony. Dinner at blueZoo was amazing. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but I know it will be magical!
I hope you've been having a more magical vacation since switching roomspixiedust:

So far, I'm still looking for the magic. We're in room 4041. Convenient to the elevator, but the balcony is recessed, so the view of the Boardwalk is partially obstructed to either side.

The lack of information here is appalling. When we checked in we asked about a package we had delivered. We were told we could pick it up from the business center ourselves or have it delivered for a fee. Turns out there is a handling fee of $10 either way, so I could have had it (and it was a heavy package) delivered to the room.

Our groceries were never delivered. Called the Screen Door. They never received the fax. While we got the confirmation that it went through, there is no number to call and confirm.

Last, but not least, first glass I took out of the closest had a huge lipstick mark on the lip.

Off to DHS. A few times on RnR should take my mind off of it.
Your stay got off to a rough start, but I hope by now things have smoothed out and you're having a wonderful vacation and you have your groceries!

Not that it matters now, but some lipstick is very hard to get off of glasses, but that doesn't excuse the housekeeper from doing the once-over on all the dishes to make sure they at least appear clean.

And not that it matters now either, but if you had the package delivered to your room, would you have had to tip the bellman?

Hi. love the thread. i spent a few hours skimming through the entire thing :)

I am going to book a room for my family's Xmas stay. I am considering a one bedroom villa or a standard club level room (I wish deluxe cl was available I'd grab it!) Which do you think I should book? I have stayed cl here once before and enjoyed it. The Inn rooms are so pretty and the CL staff is great. I didn't see a lot of BWV one bedroom photos here. Are the villa rooms as pretty as the Inn rooms? Is there anything special about staying CL over the holidays or should I just go with the extra space of the one bedroom? I guess also I am a little concerned about the comfort of the queen sofa bed... any reviews? I have two teen daughters that would be using it.

THANKS for any input. I need to make a decision asap.

VG
In your case, I would definitely go with the club level room over a DVC room. My objection to BWV is simply the outdated decor and style. I don't like bedspreads and I'm not a fan of the multi-color color scheme from the tile to the flowery bedspreads to the pink walls.

Since you can't get a Deluxe room, but you like CL and were considering a villa, have you considered a cottage? There are many photos on the first page. They come with CL access and each has their own private entrance:

IMG_0033.jpg

Thanks for shareing California Dreaming. I just love the Decor of BWI the Villas not so much.
I agree, the decor of BWI and BWV are like night and day.

I'll upload some photos of a 2 bedroom villa from a couple years ago. We're staying in a 1 bedroom in a couple weeks so I'll of course post some more then too.
Thanks for posting more photos and I hope you have a great vacation!

Thank you for posting the two bedroom villa photos, CaliforniaDreaming. I posted them to the DVC section on the first page. I gave you credit, but I need to make sure you took them because the image URL for all the photos is wdwinfo.com:confused3. Thanks!

Yes, they're mine. The DIS/wdwinfo actually has a members photo gallaries section that you can upload to, that's where I uploaded these pictures to. You can check out mine and others athttp://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disboards-com-member-photo-galleries/index1332.html :thumbsup2

Yes, they're mine. The DIS/wdwinfo actually has a members photo gallaries section that you can upload to, that's where I uploaded these pictures to. You can check out mine and others athttp://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disboards-com-member-photo-galleries/index1332.html :thumbsup2
Thank you for clarifying this and I apologize if it seemed like a rude question. I always try to be careful that I don't overstep any legal boundaries when posting - you can't be too careful these days:rolleyes:

What villa type and view is this? If I have room, I'd like to post these, too to the first page or at least link to them here.

It was a Deluxe Studio - Garden/Pool View. If those trees weren't there, you would see the quiet pool and the Community Hall. This room was 4106.

Also, here is the view from 4087, which is the same room type also facing the quiet pool. These are a good example of how the trees have matured around the BW resort - many of the rooms now have similar views.

0392.JPG

Thank you for clarifying this and I apologize if it seemed like a rude question. I always try to be careful that I don't overstep any legal boundaries when posting - you can't be too careful these days:rolleyes:

No worries, it was a legit question. :) Hopefully others will benefit now from knowing they can upload their pictures to the site here and share with us.

Is everyone who is at BWI/BWV now having a great time? We haven't gotten any updates in a while and I thought I should be the nosy one:)
popcorn::

California Dreaming, thank you for taking the time to post those awesome photos. I am still torn. I really think the BWI rooms are so much prettier but my kids want the space. I guess I'd appreciate the space, also. I'm just not so sure they will be comfy on the sofa bed. I'm still considering. I booked my flights so I need to figure out where we will be staying pretty soon!

Thank you again.

VG

WDWKook, I stayed BWI CL before and we overlooked the garden suites. They are lovely but IMO pretty inconvenient location. The garden suites are also much more than I want to spend. I went and looked again at your first page pics which confirmed to me I would be happier in a pretty BWI room than in the villa. I thought the BWI beds were some of the most comfortable in all of WDW too. :)

Thank you for your help.

VG

Disney's Boardwalk Inn/BWV October Movie Schedule
By the Community Hall ~ 8:00PM

Courtesy of: Build a Better Mouse Trip

Sundays - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Mondays - James and the Giant Peach
Tuesdays - The Haunted Mansion
Wednesdays - Hocus Pocus
Thursdays - Halloweentown
Fridays - Cinderella
Saturdays - The Nightmare Before Christmas

Is everyone who is at BWI/BWV now having a great time? We haven't gotten any updates in a while and I thought I should be the nosy one:)
popcorn::
Just switched out of BWV(one bedroom, cash) after having family members attempt to sleep on the pull out couch. Horrible! Foot was a foot higher than the head, big gulley in the middle and to short for someone who is 6 feet tall. I was told to call housekeeping to see what they could do, which after 3 hours was absolutely nothing, they never showed up. The front desk was not helpful at all. These are the "refurbished" couches. The guts are refurbished, the couch is the same old coach with the frayed edges. Don't get me wrong..we used the pullouts in other Disney resorts with no problems at all(BLT most recently), these are another story.

Luckily my family member is a Disney Travel Agent and one call to her and we were switched to OKW(2 bedroom) for a minimal upcharge). This is my last time for BW..this is second time we had to move(first time there was a water leak in the ceiling in the room that they couldn't do anything about, they switched us to GF).

I really wanted to love this resort, but after two times with problems, I'm done with BW.
Food and wine is awesome!

Just switched out of BWV(one bedroom, cash) after having family members attempt to sleep on the pull out couch. Horrible! Foot was a foot higher than the head, big gulley in the middle and to short for someone who is 6 feet tall. I was told to call housekeeping to see what they could do, which after 3 hours was absolutely nothing, they never showed up. The front desk was not helpful at all. These are the "refurbished" couches. The guts are refurbished, the couch is the same old coach with the frayed edges. Don't get me wrong..we used the pullouts in other Disney resorts with no problems at all(BLT most recently), these are another story.

Luckily my family member is a Disney Travel Agent and one call to her and we were switched to OKW(2 bedroom) for a minimal upcharge). This is my last time for BW..this is second time we had to move(first time there was a water leak in the ceiling in the room that they couldn't do anything about, they switched us to GF).

I really wanted to love this resort, but after two times with problems, I'm done with BW.

I'm sorry you had issues with the pull-out couch. One thing you should know, when you call the front desk from your room, you're actually getting a call center that's nowhere near Disney World. When you have an issue such as this one, ALWAYS walk down to the actual front desk. You'll get better and more immediate assistance.

I think you did the right thing. You weren't happy and hopefully, now you are. Do you miss walking to DHS and Epcot? I guess you just switched, so unless you've stayed at OKW before, you don't have an opinion yet on it:confused3

We just stayed at BLT in August and thought their one bedroom was awesome, but no one slept on the sleeper chair, just the sofa sleeper. DD thought it was very comfortable because there wasn't a bar in the middle of it. This was our first time ever staying in a villa and we loved BLT.

I hope the rest of your vacation improves:)

I'm sorry you had issues with the pull-out couch. One thing you should know, when you call the front desk from your room, you're actually getting a call center that's nowhere near Disney World. When you have an issue such as this one, ALWAYS walk down to the actual front desk. You'll get better and more immediate assistance.
In their defense, they said they were told to call housekeeping, but after 3 hours no one from housekeeping responded. But maybe I misunderstood and they let "the front desk" contact housekeeping for them?

You're absolutely right about calling "the front desk." You'll be connected to a call center in another part of FL:upsidedow. Always ask for a manager in person if there are any unresolved issues that require immediate attention by someone who has the authority to make a difference.

Sitting at MCO heading home after a lovely week. My first time at BWI, DBF's 2nd time. I love the theming/decorating, room was bright & airy, very clean-housekeeping far superior to the Poly, the staff was top notch. Loved being close to blueZoo, Shula's il Mulino. My only issue is that BWI is just not handicapped friendly. The problem of having to constantly switch elevators no matter where i was going was very time consuming & cumbersome. Huge design flaw. That being said, DBF loves it so I'm sure I'll be back.

DVC has at least two, maybe three different types of sleeper sofas. One is the platform type with the "thinnish" three part pad on it like at OKW and SSR. Another is the one like at BCV and BWV that flips from the back to open the bed where the cushions stay attached. It is a more comfortable sleeper sofa. The third is the old one with the bars underneath.

DVC has at least two, maybe three different types of sleeper sofas. One is the platform type with the "thinnish" three part pad on it like at OKW and SSR. Another is the one like at BCV and BWV that flips from the back to open the bed where the cushions stay attached. It is a more comfortable sleeper sofa. The third is the old one with the bars underneath.

That makes sense because I was surprised to hear of folks being disappointed with the BWV sleeper sofas. My wife and I slept on one for a week several years ago and I remember thinking it was the most comfortable sleeper sofa I had ever used -- no hint of the dreaded bar in my back, and I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'11". Thankfully we've since 'graduated' to the 2BR units for our family of four so no one is relegated to the sleeper sofas.

We are staying at a studio at the boardwalk villas in a couple of weeks. What appliances are in the kitchenette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter