1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

I'm half a day behind you. Tonight we sleep in (not under) the Boardwalk!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

Kathymford.....love those photos, especially the day and night shots of the Boardwalk.

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

He makes WL AND BWI look even better! I'll have to see where I can fit some of those fine photos on the first page:)

Only 6 days now:goodvibes

62 more days now:goodvibes
    Don't forget to say HI to gometros;)

I hope you have a wonderful vacation at BWI!

Are you there yet? What view do you have?

5. gometros

Not yet. We'll be get there around 10:30 tonight. I have a Boardwalk view in the villas. Will post an update when we arrive.

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Safe travels!
    popcorn::

7. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

17 more days for me!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

8. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

My DBF doesn't remember off-hand if it was HDR, but here is what he said:

"Looking at the clouds, I think it may be, but only a subtle 1-stop range at most. The lighting there didn't really need it, but since it was ugly out, I think I was still using HDR Art-Standard mode to boost the color right away."

He says he can check when he gets home. Too much info? :)

9. gometros

Thanks! We get two stays this trip, two nights pre-cruise and three nights post cruise.

10. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

20 days and we'll be back home at BWV!!:cool1:

11. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Finally got around to uploading some room pictures from our stay at the Inn. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos CaliforniaDreaming! :goodvibes

13. CaliforniaDreaming

Here are some from my stay at the Villas last year, too. Looking forward to returning in a few weeks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

Live from the BWI. First time here. It's very nice. Had to switch rooms as the first one they gave us was not the water view we'd reserved. They were very nice about it. We are now right above Boardwalk Joe's. fun watching the sights go by from the balcony. Dinner at blueZoo was amazing. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but I know it will be magical!

15. gometros

So far, I'm still looking for the magic. We're in room 4041. Convenient to the elevator, but the balcony is recessed, so the view of the Boardwalk is partially obstructed to either side.

The lack of information here is appalling. When we checked in we asked about a package we had delivered. We were told we could pick it up from the business center ourselves or have it delivered for a fee. Turns out there is a handling fee of $10 either way, so I could have had it (and it was a heavy package) delivered to the room.

Our groceries were never delivered. Called the Screen Door. They never received the fax. While we got the confirmation that it went through, there is no number to call and confirm.

Last, but not least, first glass I took out of the closest had a huge lipstick mark on the lip.

Off to DHS. A few times on RnR should take my mind off of it.

16. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your problems. For the last part, the first thing we do when we stay in a villa (anywhere, not just BW) is take all the glasses and plates we might use and run them through the dishwasher again. Mouse keeping will only wash items in the sink or dishwasher, if someone has handled a plate or glass and puts them back in the cabinet, it won't get washed.

17. vanillagirl

vanillagirl Earning My Ears

Hi. love the thread. i spent a few hours skimming through the entire thing :)

I am going to book a room for my family's Xmas stay. I am considering a one bedroom villa or a standard club level room (I wish deluxe cl was available I'd grab it!) Which do you think I should book? I have stayed cl here once before and enjoyed it. The Inn rooms are so pretty and the CL staff is great. I didn't see a lot of BWV one bedroom photos here. Are the villa rooms as pretty as the Inn rooms? Is there anything special about staying CL over the holidays or should I just go with the extra space of the one bedroom? I guess also I am a little concerned about the comfort of the queen sofa bed... any reviews? I have two teen daughters that would be using it.

THANKS for any input. I need to make a decision asap.

VG

18. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Thanks for shareing California Dreaming. I just love the Decor of BWI the Villas not so much.

19. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

Sorry gometros. We also have a recessed balcony. I kind of lime being out of the sun & rain but I see your point. May I suggest a strawberry julep at the Belle Vue lounge-makes everything seem rosier!!

20. CaliforniaDreaming

I'll upload some photos of a 2 bedroom villa from a couple years ago. We're staying in a 1 bedroom in a couple weeks so I'll of course post some more then too.

I like the style of rooms in the Inn better than the Villas, but they are really cater to two different markets. Deluxe resort vs home away from home/timeshare. I've slept on different sleeper sofas in the villas and have never had a problem.

21. gometros

Excellent suggestion, thanks. I guess we didn't do it this time because we got in so late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.