City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Correct +1 :thumbsup2 , Correct +1 :thumbsup2 , Correct +1 :thumbsup2, Correct +1 :thumbsup2, and Incorrect, I’m not giving points. :laughing: And there was a theme -- ALL of my responses to you were movie quotes…so you missed a couple.

Well, dang. I guess I'd better go back and check that out. Then again, if I don't get any points...what's the (ahem) point?:confused3

Smart move! If you look at the resales thread, it looks like Disney has been ROFRing BWV quite a bit.

Yes they have. Now the resale prices are going up, up, up. Glad I bought when I did.

Hey, I’ve got a technical DISboards question…you may know the answer to this. I’ve had issues where I type a chapter up in Word, copy it over to the DIS and everything works fine until I edit that post (which I always do, at least at some point, to put in a link to the next chapter). When I edit it, I lose all of the apostrophes and quote marks and some other things. Have you seen that? I wonder if a font change would take care of it?

Funny I may be the only one without that problem. :scratchin.

The “sad2” emoticon? Oh man!

::yes::

You know what, it never even occurred to me to take a panoramic. Now I’ll pull out the “sad2” emoticon. :sad2:

I think I have one somewhere ...

AHA

I can’t say that I’ve never taken one, can I? Let’s see Jordan’s favorite bathroom at Epcot comes to mind, as does the bathroom at the Kidani fitness center. And then of course there’s the cowboy picture in the bathroom at Hoop de Doo.

I need to get that Hoop de Doo picture but I guess I will have to settle for sending someone in to take it for me...... :rolleyes1

It makes sense space-wise.

Ba ba bump

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

It’s important for the Judy-game. ;)

Yes it was..... Still had me seeing reflections in plates ......

Stick with the red snapper. Stay on target…stay on target!

I think I will

Okay, come back another night.

Or do that.

“Chef, we’ve got a troublemaker at table 6!”

I always feel like one...... :guilty:

Sounds like you’re going to have to live on the Boardwalk for about a month, in order to hit everything. ;)

I alwasy wondered about just going in some places JUST for dessert.:rolleyes1

Yeah, I don’t know if they just took the first park bus that came along or what.

I don’t think she beat us by much either. I think the EWP picture was taken at around 9:25, which would’ve been around the time IllumiNations ended.

At least she got something nice out of that trip.

We are back from our trip to Florida last week and I am slowly catching up.

A great update, Glenn. Mark and I stayed at the Dolphin for one night last week and had dinner at the Yachtsman; we then walked over to the Boardwalk since we will be staying in the Boardwalk Villas in December. He gave a serious look at the menu for Flying Fish and we have it on the "possible" list for our December trip. After seeing the photo of James' scallops, I am sold. I love me scallops.

How sweet of Chris to bring your parents two yummy looking desserts for their anniversary. :thumbsup2

I think you should have opened with the Lew Zealand joke. That's the great thing about the internet, if the joke bombs you don't have to stand there staring at your audience in awkward silence. Plus, you can pretend that everyone got it but didn't respond because they were too busy laughing.

You're right, I probably bailed on the Lew Zealand joke too quickly.

Hey Brian, I saw that picture of Roy Disney and Mickey Mouse from One Man's Dream in someone else's TR recently and I thought that the picture just didn't look right without you in it. :rotfl2:

Well, dang. I guess I'd better go back and check that out. Then again, if I don't get any points...what's the (ahem) point?:confused3

As if your points are worth anything. :confused:

Looks like I missed Ferris Bueller, The Simpsons, and The Godfather on that last go-round. :blush:

::yes:: +1 :thumbsup2 +1 :thumbsup2 +1 :thumbsup2

Yes they have. Now the resale prices are going up, up, up. Glad I bought when I did.

Are you good at timing the stock market too?

Funny I may be the only one without that problem. :scratchin.

I wonder what you're doing. :confused3

I think I have one somewhere ...

AHA

Beautiful!

I need to get that Hoop de Doo picture but I guess I will have to settle for sending someone in to take it for me...... :rolleyes1

You can always borrow my picture if you want to. But I'd be more impressed if you took one of your own. :laughing::rolleyes1

Ooo, I need someone to sit there and play that sound whenver someone reads my trip reports. At the right times, of course.

Yes it was..... Still had me seeing reflections in plates ......

Almost as bad as Hidden Mickeys.

I think I will

Or do that.

That works.

I alwasy wondered about just going in some places JUST for dessert.:rolleyes1

They probably don't mind if you don't lolligag too long and tip well.

We really did. My favorite resort so far !! Can't wait to go back !! I have a TR going if you want to stop by and see pics when you get some time.

I'll try to get over there....but I'll warn you now, I haven't been very good on keeping up on all of my subscribed threads. :sad2:

We are back from our trip to Florida last week and I am slowly catching up.

:yay: I'm sure it was a great time!

A great update, Glenn. Mark and I stayed at the Dolphin for one night last week and had dinner at the Yachtsman;

How does it compare to Le Cellier, steak-wise?

we then walked over to the Boardwalk since we will be staying in the Boardwalk Villas in December. He gave a serious look at the menu for Flying Fish and we have it on the "possible" list for our December trip. After seeing the photo of James' scallops, I am sold. I love me scallops.

You'd get along great with James then...he does too. And he said these were perfect. My fish with that potato-wrap was fantastic.

How sweet of Chris to bring your parents two yummy looking desserts for their anniversary. :thumbsup2

It was very nice of him and the chefs to do that, and was appreciated by all the vultures who got a taste. :)

Your picture of the inside of the FF is just perfect. I love it. I never get a good picture in there, just the ceiling.

Everyone's entrees looked relish. So glad everyone enjoyed their meals. That cheese plate looks so good. I heard it was yummy and there's the proof.

I love the location for Illuminations. Those lights look so cool in the pictures. Where exactly was that. I want pictures with those lights. :rotfl:

Are you good at timing the stock market too?

I wish. :lmao:

I wonder what you're doing. :confused3

Nothing - I dont think. Write in word, insert picture links and copy and paste. But I have noticed that any formatting I may do, font etc. does not move over to the post. :confused3

Beautiful!

Thanks
I may have to practice more next trip. ;)

You can always borrow my picture if you want to. But I'd be more impressed if you took one of your own. :laughing::rolleyes1

:lmao: Is that a DARE???? :lmao:

Ooo, I need someone to sit there and play that sound whenver someone reads my trip reports. At the right times, of course.

I thought it was neat .... and appropriate

Almost as bad as Hidden Mickeys.

::yes::

That works.

They probably don't mind if you don't lolligag too long and tip well.

:scratchin May have to actually try that.

After reading your update I think I might have to put Flying Fish on our restaurant do list. So many restaurants so little time. Guess it is time to plan another trip.

The Boardwalk is a great place to stay. If we did not own at VWL it would be BWV. You definitely need to try it

Mark and I both feel Yachtsman is ten times better than LeCellier

Really? Wow, I hadn't heard that. (I haven't eaten at either, but LeCellier is so popular.)

Your picture of the inside of the FF is just perfect. I love it. I never get a good picture in there, just the ceiling.

Thanks MEK.

Everyone's entrees looked relish. So glad everyone enjoyed their meals. That cheese plate looks so good. I heard it was yummy and there's the proof.

Yep, seeing is believing.

I love the location for Illuminations. Those lights look so cool in the pictures. Where exactly was that. I want pictures with those lights. :rotfl:

:laughing: I thought of you, you love some item-of-interest in your pictures. It was the area to the left of the Rose & Crown.

Nothing - I dont think. Write in word, insert picture links and copy and paste. But I have noticed that any formatting I may do, font etc. does not move over to the post. :confused3

That's basically what I do too. But I've noticed that things like quote marks that are angled (you know how the beginning quote marks are angled differently than the ending quote marks?) copy in okay (ie. with the angle) the first time, but if I edit the post they get messed up -- either deleted altogether or replaced with some other strange character. (No, not Marv :laughing:) It's very frustrating.

:lmao: Is that a DARE???? :lmao:

::yes:: Oh yeah.

8 more to go!!!:rotfl2:

No....I'm not ready!!!

After reading your update I think I might have to put Flying Fish on our restaurant do list. So many restaurants so little time. Guess it is time to plan another trip.

I know the feeling! And then you go to these restaurants and the family wants to go back, so you have an even harder time adding new ones as the "must do" list gets longer. :faint:

The Boardwalk is a great place to stay. If we did not own at VWL it would be BWV. You definitely need to try it

It's a high probability for next time. :thumbsup2

Subscribing! I can't wait to catch up. First I must put the small minions to bed. :)

Hi Deanna! :welcome:

Are they more like "Despicable Me" minions or "Megamind" minion? :laughing:

Really? Wow, I hadn't heard that. (I haven't eaten at either, but LeCellier is so popular.)

Since they went "signature" I found the quality of the food to go way down. We were not pleased with our dinner there in 2011 and I doubt we'll be back anytime soon since we found Yachtsman.

Just checking ' in!! I just know Glenn wil wait til I am on my cruise so his favorite Marv can get yet another point:snooty::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hello! I kind of fell off the DIS-earth for the last several months. But I am finally back and actually caught up on your TR!!!

Wow - the all-girl tea party looked like so much fun. The GF pictures are amazing. We will be heading there for a meal (at 1900 Park Fare) for the first time during our upcoming trip. I can’t wait to see that resort in person!

The nighttime pictures at AKL are amazing! I love the one of the little giraffe sitting down - they sure are bendy!

Your AK day looked like a lot of fun despite the rain.

Your Flying Fish meal looked amazing. We are going to dine there for the first time this year as well - I can’t wait!!!

The IllumiNations pictures are amazing! I don’t think the show looks that good in person even. :lmao:

Phew! I can't believe I actually managed to catch up! :faint:

Since they went "signature" I found the quality of the food to go way down. We were not pleased with our dinner there in 2011 and I doubt we'll be back anytime soon since we found Yachtsman.

That’s good information. Although, I’ll still have to try LeCellier one of these days to at least check it off the list.

Just checking ' in!! I just know Glenn wil wait til I am on my cruise so his favorite Marv can get yet another point:snooty::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Could be. You know I’m rooting for him to pull away further. :rolleyes:

Hello! I kind of fell off the DIS-earth for the last several months. But I am finally back and actually caught up on your TR!!!

Hi Roni! No worries, I’m glad that you were able to get back on and are caught up. I was holding off on posting too much just for you! ;)

Wow - the all-girl tea party looked like so much fun. The GF pictures are amazing. We will be heading there for a meal (at 1900 Park Fare) for the first time during our upcoming trip. I can’t wait to see that resort in person!

The ladies really loved their Tea there. They made some really nice memories and I’m glad that they were able to do it.

I’m a little intrigued by 1900 Park Fare, if only for the Steppesisters -- from the TRs I’ve read, they provide some really fun interactions with the guests!

The nighttime pictures at AKL are amazing! I love the one of the little giraffe sitting down - they sure are bendy!

Thank you! Yes, I suppose that the giraffes need to be kind of bendy, being so tall. They’re the pony-pal-Pokey (from Gumby fame) of the animal world.

Your AK day looked like a lot of fun despite the rain.

We tried to make the most of it. Those were the cards we were dealt that week!

Your Flying Fish meal looked amazing. We are going to dine there for the first time this year as well - I can’t wait!!!

I highly recommend it. Great food!

The IllumiNations pictures are amazing! I don’t think the show looks that good in person even. :lmao:

Wow, gee thanks!

Phew! I can't believe I actually managed to catch up! :faint:

Well, now that you are…let’s post another chapter, shall we?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter