Christmas Magic & Freezing Temps! Dec 10 TR (Upd 6/26, the last night!)

Hey, I haven't been around for a while so I'm caught up again! :surfweb:

I know what you mean about a trip report taking a long time!!
I'm on day 4 of my 5 day trip and do you think I can get it finished??!! :lmao:

One of these days I'll find some time and just finish up!!

We ate at Cinderella's Castle as well! We went for dinner and had a great time if you don't count the fact that our son was sick and didn't get to meet the princesses!! :sick::sad1:

I love your photos you took of the murals in the Castle! I forgot to do that!

Debbie

Um, yeah... I think about my TR all the time, but somehow it just doesn't write itself! :laughing: And I tried to take pictures of things that I hadn't seen in other reports.

Pluto was my favorite when I was young, now he has to share the limelight with my main man buzz :love:

Back to Pluto. YOu would think I would have a picture with him... :laughing: NOPE! I found the characters scary, so my picture with Pluto is my brother and sister with him smiling while in the right hand corner you see me crying and my mom just about to grab my hand. poor me :sad2:
Oh... just wait... Cortlyn changes her tune about the characters....:sad2:

ahhhh...naptime...is that for mommy or Cortyn? :rotfl2:
Um... well... you see........ I mean, Cort needed to nap and since I was in a dark room....

I haven't forgotten about you guys! Actually I'm uploading my photopass pictures to Photobucket so that I can share some of those pictures with you guys! :goodvibes

Seriously... I thought this would be easier...:laughing:

So... now, I forgot, and I'm a bit lazy. Did I mention that we saw Goofy on our way out of Magic Kingdom? Another successful character greeting... :cool1:

SAM_1782.jpg

SAM_1783.jpg

SAM_1784.jpg

SAM_1790.jpg

After we went to our nap, Cortlyn and I headed back to Magic Kingdom to meet up with Corey. We decided to stop in Casey's to see if they had any hot dogs I could eat (remember, I can't eat pork!). I was SUPER excited because most of their products were pork free! SCORE!

My hotdog... just a plain one, but it was SOOO yummy! It was made with Chicken meat.
SAM_1793.jpg

Cortlyn and Corey shared mini-Corndogs... I think these were pork and turkey meat. They both liked them!
SAM_1791.jpg

Our sides
SAM_1791.jpg

While we were eating there was a parade
SAM_1795.jpg

Then, we were trying to find Nita and Michael to get our stroller back so that we could hang out at MK some more. NIGHT.MARE. Just don't share a stroller with another family. It was way more trouble than it was worth. I like the IDEA of sharing a stroller, but seriously, it was just a pain. We didn't want to get in line for anything in case they called and said they could meet us, but THEY were in line and riding rides and their cellphones were in the stroller. By the time we got a hold of them, I was so frustrated that we just went back to the room. I had really wanted to ride Jungle Cruise, but that was the ride they were going on next, and I just didn't have the patience to be around them. Now, I LOVE this family, but like I said... we were waiting and searching for them for a while and I was just DONE. :mad: I do regret not just getting line and riding SOMETHING, but I can't undo it. We went back to the hotel and hung out, watched some tv and then went to bed. Overall it was still a VERY good day in the park, even if by most people standards we didn't do much. :goodvibes

I uploaded my photopass pictures to photobucket... so you are getting some cute pictures that we just needed to share to catch up!!:thumbsup2

Cortlyn started this hiding from the photographers pretty early on... this is a theme for Photopass pictures...
Photo0137FourBySix.jpg

Photo0132FourBySix.jpg

Photo0080FourBySix.jpg

There was a cast member blowing bubbles when we got to MK on Saturday. Cortlyn had a BLAST popping the bubbles
Photo0095FourBySix.jpg

Photo0094FourBySix.jpg

Photo0092FourBySix.jpg

Cortlyn and Daisy...
Photo0075FourBySix.jpg

Photo0065FourBySix.jpg

Jasmine...
Photo0037FourBySix.jpg

Photo0044FourBySix.jpg

Photo0046FourBySix.jpg

Photo0061FourBySix.jpg

My favorite is the Family with daisy, and Cortlyn with daisy, SUPER cute :thumbsup2

Tell you what after watching my friend deal with a stroller this last trip, by DBf and I have decided that when we have kids we will only bring them here when we do not need a stroller because I don't think we could deal with lugging it around with us. That is a lot of work :eek:

I love the photopass. The bubble ones are so adorable. And that is a really pretty Jasmine...wish I looked like that!
Claire had a year where she didn't want pictures taken too. She hid her face, covered her eyes, or made mean nasty faces.

At least you now know how you will do things differently in the future. It's always a learning experience..at least for us. We do love the stroller though. It helps us last much longer than we would without it.

My favorite is the Family with daisy, and Cortlyn with daisy, SUPER cute :thumbsup2

Tell you what after watching my friend deal with a stroller this last trip, by DBf and I have decided that when we have kids we will only bring them here when we do not need a stroller because I don't think we could deal with lugging it around with us. That is a lot of work :eek:
OH! Let me be clear- the stroller was WONDERFUL! I loved having a double stroller, even when it was just Cortlyn! It holds your bags and (in the winter) your jackets and the kid! It was SHARING the stroller that was the issue. The key to a stroller in disney, is getting an easy to use stroller. This stroller was really nice and even when it was just me (being 20 weeks pregnant) and Cortlyn I could get it on and off the bus no problem.

I love the photopass. The bubble ones are so adorable. And that is a really pretty Jasmine...wish I looked like that!
Claire had a year where she didn't want pictures taken too. She hid her face, covered her eyes, or made mean nasty faces.

At least you now know how you will do things differently in the future. It's always a learning experience..at least for us. We do love the stroller though. It helps us last much longer than we would without it.
Yeah, I think we will keep the double stroller and just use it ourselves in the future. I got a good deal for it on Craigslist, and I keep debating keeping it or reselling it.

Subbing from BBC! So glad you sent the link! We're planning to go the exact same week this Dec. so I'm getting some ideas from your TR.
When you talk about it being cold....how cold is cold? LOL I'm trying to get an idea so I know what to be prepared for. Just wondering if it's like Va cold that time of year. :scared1:

Oh what cute Photopass pictures! I think my favorite ones are of Cortlyn popping the bubbles. Adorable!
THAT is why I will always do the photopass. It was one of those moments that I was just enjoying as a mom and JUST as I was thinking "CAMERA!" I saw there was a photopass photographer already taking the pictures! It was amazing. :cloud9:

I love the Daisy Photopass photos, what a great smile she has in those ones!!
I know... when she wants to be, she is SUCH a ham!

Subbing from BBC! So glad you sent the link! We're planning to go the exact same week this Dec. so I'm getting some ideas from your TR.
When you talk about it being cold....how cold is cold? LOL I'm trying to get an idea so I know what to be prepared for. Just wondering if it's like Va cold that time of year. :scared1:
YAY! A BBC momma!!! :banana: (I wish we had this smilies over there! haha)

Um, well, it was in the 30's/40's? But we weren't really prepared for that cold... The full MK day was the warmest day of the trip, and that was maybe in the 60's, but you will see... it rained and cooled everything down a TON.

Day 3! EPCOT!

FUNNY story... So, we started talking to Cortlyn how we were going somewhere different on the bus this day and it was called EPCOT. She was very confused and kept saying she already had EPCOT. :confused: Then she picked up a piece of her hair and said "Epcot at Magic Kingdom!" OOOHHH You thought we were saying HAIR CUT! :rotfl2: Super cute. But not quite kid! Haha...

This day we were smart. We got the stroller from the beginning! ;) We decided to make use of our counter service credits and get breakfast at POP. Shelley and Brian told us about how much came with the breakfast platter, so we got that to share.

The platter...
SAM_1816.jpg

And my pastry
SAM_1817.jpg

It was really good. Plenty to share between the three of us. I think we had to buy a drink for me, but we had a fridge in the room, so Cortlyn had a sippy full of milk. Oh... did I mention our fridge? I asked my OB for a note for a fridge in our room since I was pregnant and faxed it in a few days before we arrived and we had a little mini fridge to store milk and a few leftovers during the week. BEST thing ever! I wouldn't pay extra for the fridge, but it can't hurt to ask your doctor to write a note for it! :woohoo:

Now off to EPCOT!
SAM_1823.jpg

As soon as we got inside, Shelley and I handed our KTTW to the boys and they went to get fastpasses for Soarin'! We took the time to wander around and take some pictures!
Photo0144FourBySix.jpg

This is the classic Christen and Shelley pose. I think we have a MILLION pictures JUST like this... We aren't really creative...
Photo0142FourBySix.jpg

Guess who decided to NOT have her picture taken again?
Photo0150FourBySix.jpg

Photo0147FourBySix.jpg

Oh well... what can you do?

We made our way towards the Test Track so Shelley could meet up with the guys to ride and Cortlyn and I went off to Innoventions.
Photo0151FourBySix.jpg

When we got into Innoventions, Cortlyn was the only kid there so she got to be a special "tester!" She got Goggles and was suppose to wear a lab coat, but didn't want to wear the jacket. She got to run through the test lab with the CM and had a great time.
SAM_1841.jpg

SAM_1843.jpg

SAM_1848.jpg

Then we got to make a piece of paper!
SAM_1850.jpg

SAM_1855.jpg

SAM_1859.jpg

It was a LOT of fun just her and I exploring the Innoventions area.

I should mention that Shelley and I were quite pleased with the weather at this point... The sun was shining so it wasn't terribly cold, but the wind was pretty strong. But we're dumb I guess, because we kept looking up and seeing a nearly cloudless sky and said how the weatherman got it wrong, that it was going to be a nice day today! No way would it rain... right???

Okay... so here is where I show my ignorance of EPCOT... Because I KNOW the next thing we did after everyone was done at Test Track, we headed over to the Big Ball... Is that Mission Earth? Is that what it is called? Please forgive me! Anyway, Cortlyn enjoyed the ride and we were lucky enough that when they took our picture, they took a picture of Cortlyn and Corey to put in the little video when you "pick your future" or whatever... When I noticed the picture taking in the beginning of the ride, I stood her up so they would capture her face. I'm glad I did that, but I should have taken a picture of the screen... oh well.

Trying to decide what to in the area after the ride...
SAM_1864.jpg

Cortlyn and Daddy playing
SAM_1870.jpg

Next we decided to go use our fastpasses to Soarin' I think... at least... that's what is up next in the pictures! haha Shelley and Brian watched Cortlyn so that Corey and I could ride. She was too short, which I figured would be the case, but I really wish I could have taken her... because I KNOW she would have loved it! Corey and I went in the line and MAN am I glad that we had fastpasses! the line was already out of control! We lucked out and got to be in the first row, which meant we were at the top of the ride. I LOVED this ride! It was just amazing!

Here are some pictures that Cortlyn took while Mommy and Daddy were in Soarin'!
SAM_1898.jpg

SAM_1876.jpg

SAM_1874.jpg

Next up was the giant fruit and veggie ride... Yeah, I should go find my map and at least PRETEND like I know what I am talking about! haha... I remember this ride from when I was a kid! I still think that the Topsy Turvy tomato planter thing was birthed out of this ride... I think its so cool
SAM_1903.jpg

SAM_1901.jpg

SAM_1911.jpg

SAM_1919.jpg

I love the fruit and veggie Ride :rotfl:

I too just had an EPCOT last tuesday, sadly not as fun as a haircut, but it worked :thumbsup2 How adorable, its those moments that make you want to have kids, that is until another child starts to through a tantrum

Yea! Another update. I remember the wind but yeah, it was pretty nice outside compared to the forecast. Boo that it changed! Christen said that when we got into the park that the guys went to get Soarin FP. Yeah, well she forgot to say that they went the WRONG WAY to get them! As many times as my husband has been to Epcot, he went towards Test Track. He was embarrassed - and rightfully so! :laughing:

Just thought I'd post a few of my pictures from this day too. Enjoy!

One of the few pictures Cortlyn would take while we were waiting on the guys.

DisneyXmas2010246.jpg

What she would have rather been doing. Yes, she's taking a picture of the pavement. We definitely need to know what Epcot pavement looked like when we get home, duh!

DisneyXmas2010248.jpg

And these are from when we were playing with Cortlyn while Christen and Corey rode Soarin. So fun!

DisneyXmas2010263.jpg

DisneyXmas2010264.jpg

In this one she is dancing. This was almost the cutest thing I've ever seen!

DisneyXmas2010267.jpg

OH yes... Cortlyn enjoys taking pictures of the ground or up her nose... you should see the pictures I deleted from my camera! She actually lucks out some and takes some decent pictures from time to time. We got her a kiddie zoom camera for christmas and she LOVES it!

I love your photo pass borders!!
I'm so mad at myself cuz I just quickly ordered the disc and didn't think about adding any borders until too late so none of my photos have any nice borders.

Oh, well, I'll just have to go back and do it again!

Debbie

I love your photo pass borders!!
I'm so mad at myself cuz I just quickly ordered the disc and didn't think about adding any borders until too late so none of my photos have any nice borders.

Oh, well, I'll just have to go back and do it again!

Debbie

I'm glad that I did the borders... although SOMEONE that we shared the photopass with didn't take the the time to do the borders on her pictures... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter