Christmas Magic & Freezing Temps! Dec 10 TR (Upd 6/26, the last night!)

How cute. So glad you got her to wear the dress. You can't stop now. We need to hear about CRT.

And now its time for....

Cinderella's Royal Table!

I was SOOO excited:cloud9:... I knew Cortlyn was going to be so excited to meet Cinderella and the other Princesses! We checked in and were quickly brought into the first room of the castle

SAM_1695.jpg

SAM_1696.jpg

Waiting in line to meet Cinderella
SAM_1697.jpg

And our CRAPPY personal camera picture with Cinderella. I haven't scanned in the photo that they took... sorry... I'll add it later. But you can get an idea with this super crappy blurry picture...
SAM_1701.jpg

We went up the elevator and walked into the dining room and I was in awe. I was just so stinking excited. We were quickly seated.
SAM_1706.jpg

SAM_1702.jpg

SAM_1703.jpg

SAM_1705.jpg

They brought out the fruit and pastries for us to start eating:
SAM_1709.jpg

(some members of our group didn't understand my obsession with taking pictures of the food:rolleyes1)
SAM_1708.jpg

SAM_1710.jpg

I should mention here, that I am allergic to Pork. Its not a religious or cultural thing, but anything pork makes me sick. So, I had HOPED I would be able to get some vegetarian or turkey sausage or bacon for breakfast here. I had called and it was on my reservation that I couldn't eat Pork, but I was really disappointed when I mentioned it to the waiter and then the chef came out and basically said that I was out of luck. :confused: But it was okay. I just ordered the stuffed french toast instead. OMG. SOOO yummy! I quickly forgot to be upset about the lack of meat for my breakfast! :rotfl:
SAM_1713.jpg

The girls had no choice in their meals, Cortlyn got french toast sticks (Daddy shared some eggs with Cortlyn) and Alyssa got some bacon and scrambled eggs.
SAM_1712.jpg

SAM_1715-1.jpg

Corey got the plate with the sausage, bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. I was really jealous of his hearty breakfast. He didn't like the hashbrowns, as they had peppers and other "stuff" in it. He's a purist when it comes to his breakfast food. ;)
SAM_1714.jpg

We were all pretty stuffed after we ate! The waiters started bringing wands and wishing stars around to the kids and luckily the girls picked completely different colored wands! YAY! Makes it easier to know who's is who's (or is it whose? I always forget!) when they aren't the same color. I believe that they had pink, purple and blue wands. Cortlyn got a purple wand and Alyssa chose a pink one!
SAM_1717.jpg

OH! Let me NOT forget to mention this. The lighting in the morning is TERRIBLE! They make the kids sit on the outside, so that they can get to the princesses easier, but that put the window and the bright sunlight behind us... so we have no good pictures with the princesses. :headache: I wish I had thought about it and asked for a different table, but I'll know for the future!

And here are the pictures with the Princesses! I think they can go without explanation, right? :goodvibes

SAM_1719.jpg

SAM_1721.jpg

SAM_1723.jpg

SAM_1731.jpg

SAM_1727.jpg

And here are some cute picture of the girls during the wishing ceremony
SAM_1734.jpg

SAM_1739.jpg

And this was on our way out:
SAM_1742.jpg

SAM_1741.jpg

SAM_1743.jpg

It was amazing and YES we will do CRT again... we will most likely wait until our new baby is big enough to really enjoy the princesses. :thumbsup2

Love the new pics! On the trip after this next one, I need to try some breakfasts. We aren't a breakfasty family. We are fine with cereal. Once in awhile we'll make eggs, but we don't really ever go out. It's hard to justify using credits, but the princess breakfasts look so fun! We've been to CRT for lunch. So fun!

I a late coming... but I'm all tuned in :surfweb:
Don't worry about being late! I can't even keep up with myself! :rotfl2: I think my life has calmed back down and I HOPE to have this finished before my baby comes in April. Surely I can finish a 5 day trip in 8 weeks right?!?!?

Love the new pics! On the trip after this next one, I need to try some breakfasts. We aren't a breakfasty family. We are fine with cereal. Once in awhile we'll make eggs, but we don't really ever go out. It's hard to justify using credits, but the princess breakfasts look so fun! We've been to CRT for lunch. So fun!
We like breakfast, but my big fear was not knowing how Cortlyn would be in the evening. I didn't want to book dinners and have to skip them because Cortlyn was done, you know? Its hard with a toddler. We had free dining, so the cost/value wasn't really there for us.

Love the pictures...sometimes if you use a flash in pics like that it wil leven it out.
But the lighting in there is just awful no matter what time of day you go.
I'm so glad you all enjoyed it. We have a very late dinner there this trip. But I'm still excited to go. Last time they had the Fairy Godmother show, but this time around there will actually be characters coming around.

I can't believe I missed that you had started a trip report. Now I gotta go back and read all the good stuff that's happened so far.

I'm all caught up now. I am sure I am going to forget to comment on something but I'm going to give it a shot.

I would have done the first day just like you did.....taking it easy. You had a long drive the day before.

Sounds like you had a great location at Pop. How cool was it that your friend called and she was on the other side of the door!

I've only been to Disney once when the Christmas decorations were out and I agree that pictures simply do not do them justice.

How sweet that cutie pie Cortlyn got her first haircut at Magic Kingdom. That's a great memory to have.

I've traveled to Disney with other family members and, while it can be tough at times, it usually works itself out. Like you said, you'll just have to make sure that you do a little more planning/discussing next trip.

How very smart of your husband to offer to buy the doll if Cortlyn would wear her Cinderella dress.:thumbsup2

Like I said, I am sure I missed something that I wanted to comment on but, for the life of me, I don't remember what that would be.:laughing:

Love the pictures...sometimes if you use a flash in pics like that it wil leven it out.
But the lighting in there is just awful no matter what time of day you go.
I'm so glad you all enjoyed it. We have a very late dinner there this trip. But I'm still excited to go. Last time they had the Fairy Godmother show, but this time around there will actually be characters coming around.

Yeah, I tried to use my flash, but I just have a point and shoot- not a great quality camera. Good to know the lighting is always bad... I wondered if it would be better later in the day.

I'm all caught up now. I am sure I am going to forget to comment on something but I'm going to give it a shot.

I would have done the first day just like you did.....taking it easy. You had a long drive the day before.

Sounds like you had a great location at Pop. How cool was it that your friend called and she was on the other side of the door!

I've only been to Disney once when the Christmas decorations were out and I agree that pictures simply do not do them justice.

How sweet that cutie pie Cortlyn got her first haircut at Magic Kingdom. That's a great memory to have.

I've traveled to Disney with other family members and, while it can be tough at times, it usually works itself out. Like you said, you'll just have to make sure that you do a little more planning/discussing next trip.

How very smart of your husband to offer to buy the doll if Cortlyn would wear her Cinderella dress.:thumbsup2

Like I said, I am sure I missed something that I wanted to comment on but, for the life of me, I don't remember what that would be.:laughing:

YAY! You found me. I am still reading yours, but am WAY behind, so I'm not commenting- but I AM stalking you no fears! :lmao: I see you are planning a trip to the Mod I want to try!!!! I want to stay at POR soooo badly! Next trip we might spring for that! But we did love Pop.

Hey there! I'm all caught up and checking in! :wave:

You guys are adorable! I love that you got her first haircut at Disney!

What day was your MVMCP? We were there the 14th and 16th. The 14th was NASTY cold! The 16th was OK, but packed to the GILLS! I read here later that people who complained about some shows being canceled on the 14th were given tickets for the 16th. So I think it might have been even beyond capacity, if that's possible.

Without even meeting your husband, I like him already. Getting her to put the dress on was a stroke of genius!

On the pictures at CRT....... don't feel like you need to ask for another table. Just ask the princess if they can step out a little farther into the walkway. Then position yourself so at least you're perpendicular to the light. You pay a lot of money to be there, and honestly it's not for the food. It's for the photos with the characters. Don't be afraid to nudge yourself around a bit. I do it all the time. Of course, I think they have my photo on the wall in the kitchen with a sign saying "watch out for this one" :rotfl2: But I'm good with it!

Can't wait to read more! :surfweb:

I think you missed the worst cold. The 13th and 14th were brutal!

Hey there! I'm all caught up and checking in! :wave:

You guys are adorable! I love that you got her first haircut at Disney!

What day was your MVMCP? We were there the 14th and 16th. The 14th was NASTY cold! The 16th was OK, but packed to the GILLS! I read here later that people who complained about some shows being canceled on the 14th were given tickets for the 16th. So I think it might have been even beyond capacity, if that's possible.

Without even meeting your husband, I like him already. Getting her to put the dress on was a stroke of genius!

On the pictures at CRT....... don't feel like you need to ask for another table. Just ask the princess if they can step out a little farther into the walkway. Then position yourself so at least you're perpendicular to the light. You pay a lot of money to be there, and honestly it's not for the food. It's for the photos with the characters. Don't be afraid to nudge yourself around a bit. I do it all the time. Of course, I think they have my photo on the wall in the kitchen with a sign saying "watch out for this one" :rotfl2: But I'm good with it!

Can't wait to read more! :surfweb:

I think you missed the worst cold. The 13th and 14th were brutal!

We were there our first day, Dec 10th. It was cold, but not unbearable. It got colder the next day (12/12) which was our EPCOT day. That was the beginning of the horrible cold weather!!!

We were there our first day, Dec 10th. It was cold, but not unbearable. It got colder the next day (12/12) which was our EPCOT day. That was the beginning of the horrible cold weather!!!

OK, now I have my bearings. That first night of our trip was the 11th. Our first park day was the 12th. We got rained on at DHS. What a murky day! We got about 10 minutes of gorgeous warm weather before it started cooling off. Then the next day.......... yuck. Straight downhill! It will be fun to see where you were each day and compare our experience with the weather!

Hi! Love that I get to see these pictures now. We didn't really see you and Cortlyn much this day at all, even though we were in MK too. Corey walked around with us a little in the afternoon but I could tell he missed his girls! :hug:

Although Cortlyn is stubborn, girl's not stupid! She knew a good deal when she heard one! :laughing: She really was just waiting on you to offer her a reason to put on that dress. Free wasn't the deal I guess.

Love the picture of her with a mouth full of fruit! so cute

Hi! Love that I get to see these pictures now. We didn't really see you and Cortlyn much this day at all, even though we were in MK too. Corey walked around with us a little in the afternoon but I could tell he missed his girls! :hug:

Although Cortlyn is stubborn, girl's not stupid! She knew a good deal when she heard one! :laughing: She really was just waiting on you to offer her a reason to put on that dress. Free wasn't the deal I guess.

Love the picture of her with a mouth full of fruit! so cute

MY Daughter??? Stubborn????? WHA????????
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

So, after our pretty perfect morning, we came back out into the park and were ready for some more RIDES! Honestly... I don't remember the order of events! YIKES! That doesn't make for a good trip report does it? haha... well, I have photographs from Peter Pan- Which I am 99.9% I had never rode that before!

SAM_1744.jpg

SAM_1746.jpg

We walked around and came up to the Haunted Mansion. Nita and I discussed whether the girls should/could ride HM. We decided that the girls would skip it and that Nita would take them, but Corey, Michael and I would go and ride it. Nita said that she felt like Alyssa would be too scared and I was thinking Cortlyn could handle it. I think I forgot how scary it was though. I'm glad that the girls skipped it! They went over to Toon Town and hung out and we met up with them after we rode HM. From there, I THINK we went to the Laugh Floor and I decided after that to take Cortlyn back to Pop to take a nap. Nita and family went on to hang out in the park, and Corey walked back to the front with us. We stumbled on the parade and got to enjoy that for a little bit.
SAM_1747.jpg

SAM_1750.jpg

SAM_1757.jpg

SAM_1758.jpg

Then, as we were walking to the gate, we happened to see Pluto and Cortlyn got VERY excited to see him... so we hopped in line to met him!
SAM_1783.jpg

SAM_1790.jpg

It was a PERFECT morning for us. Not too busy, we got a LOT done and had a perfect meal. And let me tell you- breakfast is a PERFECT meal for toddlers I think. We didn't have to really eat lunchpopcorn::, because we had such a big meal in the morning and then we just had an early counter service meal (but more on that later!)

Hey, I haven't been around for a while so I'm caught up again! :surfweb:

I know what you mean about a trip report taking a long time!!
I'm on day 4 of my 5 day trip and do you think I can get it finished??!! :lmao:

One of these days I'll find some time and just finish up!!

We ate at Cinderella's Castle as well! We went for dinner and had a great time if you don't count the fact that our son was sick and didn't get to meet the princesses!! :sick::sad1:

I love your photos you took of the murals in the Castle! I forgot to do that!

Debbie

Then, as we were walking to the gate, we happened to see Pluto and Cortlyn got VERY excited to see him... so we hopped in line to met him!

Pluto was my favorite when I was young, now he has to share the limelight with my main man buzz :love:

Back to Pluto. YOu would think I would have a picture with him... :laughing: NOPE! I found the characters scary, so my picture with Pluto is my brother and sister with him smiling while in the right hand corner you see me crying and my mom just about to grab my hand. poor me :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter