Charged incorrectly for upgrade to APs?

I expect they do.

As well as considering "days off" per week, , vacation schedules, single work days that can be up to 18+ hours at one park (multiple managers would be rotated in that one work day) and something as simple as meal breaks, can alter just who the manager may be at any one time.

We upgraded this week at MK Guest Relations and were charged correctly.

Mike, is this number someplace to which we can refer a cast member who may not be fully trained on upgrading procedures?

It seems that these reports of difficulties with upgrading are becoming more frequent, and we may need to be well-prepared for the possibility that we may need outside assistance.

Thanks for any input here.
He may give you a different answer. The CM who upgraded my UT ticket to a PAP correctly told me she could see who had I had first talked to at DHS. There was a manager a foot or two behind her just said she had no idea why they didn't do it correctly but the two of them mentioned theywould make contact to make sure the CM understood in the future what should have happened. There is a possibility whoever you speak to in order to get yours resolved will see who you talked to. I assume the CM and manager weren't just blowing smoke.

I am not arguing being armed or rotation of CMs, it just seems for some reason that majority problems comes from MK location and no problems(as much as I remember) come from DTD location. Not that this warrants anything but maybe problem is with management at those locations. I am not sure if managers rotate as well.

It has to be CM's. I've had problems with DHS (1) and EPCOT (2). In all three cases, MK handled quickly and painlessly. I don't do transactions concerning tickets at DTD because we traditionally go there on the last day.

Does anyone know if this tends to be more of an issue when upgrading from UT or is it just as likely to be a potential problem when upgrading MYW tix bought directly from Disney? If it's mainly an authorized reseller problem, I may buy directly from Disney. While I understand that it's CM error, I just don't think I'd be the least bit happy having to deal with someone who didn't know what they were doing, having to try again later with someone else, etc.

Does anyone know if this tends to be more of an issue when upgrading from UT or is it just as likely to be a potential problem when upgrading MYW tix bought directly from Disney? If it's mainly an authorized reseller problem, I may buy directly from Disney. While I understand that it's CM error, I just don't think I'd be the least bit happy having to deal with someone who didn't know what they were doing, having to try again later with someone else, etc.

From personal experience, and from other threads I've read over the last few months, this can happen with tix bought directly from Disney. In my case I bought a room/ticket/dining package and needed to upgrade to an AP. When I went to DHS to do the upgrade the CM said that my tickets had been discounted. I thought it odd at the time since I purchased them from Disney, but I have seen similar comments from other posters upgrading package tickets to an AP. The transaction cost a few more dollars than I had calculated so the price was not bridged. The difference was so small, less than $10 as I recall, so I didn't feel like arguing the point with them. Truthfully, I was far more concerned my dining credits were going to get messed up in the transaction. I went ahead with the transaction and my dining credits survived!

I imagine if you have any sort of ticket that the system says was purchased at a price other than current gate price, you can have issues. As another poster said, best to simply ask for your tickets back and try the transaction elsewhere or with another CM in the same location.

That a good news. Will, how is your son, I read your post late last night but lost it today to reply.

He is much better, thanks! He had the last three days of the trip to participate and he felt good enough to do it. We just got home.

I asked to speak to a manager, but the CM went to the back to speak with him and returned saying the same thing. I was politely persistent and insisted that I should have been given the current gate price. After what seemed like forever, he returned again and said that they would grant a one-time exception and give me the current gate price.

We have had no problems in the past doing this and I am anxious again because I have other unused discounted tickets that I will probably need to upgrade in the future.
Feel free to continue to upgrade the other tickets at various dates in the future and to count on Disney each time granting you a (another) one time exception (each time they may call it something different) until such time as Disney publishes a change in upgrade policies and procedures so as to limit bridging of tickets.

Does anyone know if this tends to be more of an issue when upgrading from UT or is it just as likely to be a potential problem when upgrading MYW tix bought directly from Disney?

We had a 10 day park hopper ticket last year and a few days into the trip, decided to upgrade to an AP and the CM we first talked to at MK gave us brief and quote more then we had worked out. We spoke to a manager and got it sorted out quickly so it's not just tickets bought from an outside source. Now we just buy AP's straight out. :lmao:

I am going to call in the morning. I hope they will fix the pricing error and the error with the expiration dates.

I had to upgrade to APs when I did. I didn't have a choice to go somewhere else or wait until another day. Unfortunately, all four of us got sick in succession on this trip. We decided to go back in the spring to make up for it, which is why we decided to upgrade rather than lose all of the unused days (due to illness) on our tickets.

The night before we left my daughter and I went to Epcot at 7:30 PM. We left my husband back at the RV with my sick son. I waited in line for almost half an hour at Guest Services. The CM that helped me kept insisting that her pricing was correct and because I bought a discounted ticket that I was going to lose money. She was very loud and wouldn't budge. If it hadn't been the last night we were there, I would have declined the upgrade and gone somewhere else to do it. I just didn't have a choice but to do it right there even though I knew it was very wrong:(

From personal experience, and from other threads I've read over the last few months, this can happen with tix bought directly from Disney. In my case I bought a room/ticket/dining package and needed to upgrade to an AP. When I went to DHS to do the upgrade the CM said that my tickets had been discounted. I thought it odd at the time since I purchased them from Disney, but I have seen similar comments from other posters upgrading package tickets to an AP. The transaction cost a few more dollars than I had calculated so the price was not bridged. The difference was so small, less than $10 as I recall, so I didn't feel like arguing the point with them. Truthfully, I was far more concerned my dining credits were going to get messed up in the transaction. I went ahead with the transaction and my dining credits survived!

I imagine if you have any sort of ticket that the system says was purchased at a price other than current gate price, you can have issues. As another poster said, best to simply ask for your tickets back and try the transaction elsewhere or with another CM in the same location.

We had a 10 day park hopper ticket last year and a few days into the trip, decided to upgrade to an AP and the CM we first talked to at MK gave us brief and quote more then we had worked out. We spoke to a manager and got it sorted out quickly so it's not just tickets bought from an outside source. Now we just buy AP's straight out. :lmao:

Thanks for the feedback. I seriously hope I don't run into this problem, but I guess I should at least try and save a few bucks by going through UT instead of buying from Disney directly since it can happen anyway *sigh*.

Thanks for the feedback. I seriously hope I don't run into this problem, but I guess I should at least try and save a few bucks by going through UT instead of buying from Disney directly since it can happen anyway *sigh*.

Honestly, unless you have a big family and saving adds up, I would not do it, JMO, but I would not want waste my time on solving possible problems.

Since the problem is at the ticket CM level, it won't matter WHERE you buy your tickets if your intent is to not encounter mistakes.

Also, there IS a new rule (within the past 6 months) that states that if you DO buy your tickets directly at Disney World (at the gates, DTD, or by mail) those tickets will NOT be price-bridged, even if there is a ticket price increase during the time you intend to use and upgrade them.

Makes more sense to buy the tickets from an official authorized Disney ticket reseller.

Also, there IS a new rule (within the past 6 months) that states that if you DO buy your tickets directly at Disney World (at the gates, DTD, or by mail) those tickets will NOT be price-bridged, even if there is a ticket price increase during the time you intend to use and upgrade them.
Though most all of us have heard this before, probably worth repeating that this recent restriction does not apply to tickets that come as part of a Disney package. Although to the outsider those tickets were bought directly from "Disney", the internal accounting is that the "Disney Travel Company" buys them from the "WDW Company" (at least I think that's what it's still called) and then sells them to guests who purchase packages.

Just got back and knew about the issue with some CMs bridging incorrectly. I first tried at the International Gateway at Epcot and was told an amount that I knew was double what it should have been. I had 6 more days to find a CM who knew how to do it so I did not argue, but made the mention that this is a known issue discussed on the internet [yes, being passive-aggressive]. The CM actually got indignant with me and said if the lady next to her said it couldn't be done, it couldn't be done. :scratchin

The next day I tried again at HS. There were 2 CMs training another CM. Initially, I was told the incorrect amount and stood there for a minute deciding if I wanted to push it. But, then one of the CMs pointed at something on the screen and they recoded it and it then brought up the correct amount. I thanked them for figuring it out correctly as it had been a consistent issue with the CMs.

The mean-girl in me wanted to go back to the Epcot CM and show her that it could be done. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter