Charged incorrectly for upgrade to APs?

Whenever I have ticket issues, for some reason, it seems the Guest Services window at Epcot's International Gateway is always the one I go to. Downtown Disney's window is always helpful too.

I called today about my issue. renewed my 3 kids' APs, yet they weren't bridged to current gate price, and I over paid total of $161.

So I called.... she took my name, kids' names, asked for credit card I had used, I briefly told her price my kids' 6-day tickets I was upgrading were worth, versus what the CM told me they were only worth. She said would do some research and call me back.
Hour or so later she called and said my tickets were worth the current gate price and I was due back $161 - I said yep, that's what my math told me, even before I arrived for my trip knew that. Said will credit it right now back to my card.

Congrats! That is what I call resolution, not a "magic file" and promise to resolve issue next trip, why would customer wait for few months to get their money back?:confused3

Whenever I have ticket issues, for some reason, it seems the Guest Services window at Epcot's International Gateway is always the one I go to. Downtown Disney's window is always helpful too.

If you refer to my previous post, International Gateway is where I had a problem with this on December 2nd. You just never know what you're gonna get. :goodvibes

Sounds like the CMs need a link to Cheshire Figment's ticket FAQ sticky...

I really appreciate all the information on this thread. I am going down to WDW on Saturday and was planning on upgrading my 6 day MYW + hopping ticket to an AP right after my first use so I can save on parking for the rest of my trip (and plan at least another trip within the year LOL). I purchased from Undercover Tourist over a year and a half ago, before, I think, two price increases.

So someone mentioned, but I want to confirm - can I ask for a refund of my parking fee for the day I upgrade to the AP? That would be sweet!

I really appreciate all the information on this thread. I am going down to WDW on Saturday and was planning on upgrading my 6 day MYW + hopping ticket to an AP right after my first use so I can save on parking for the rest of my trip (and plan at least another trip within the year LOL). I purchased from Undercover Tourist over a year and a half ago, before, I think, two price increases.

So someone mentioned, but I want to confirm -

can I ask for a refund of my parking fee for the day I upgrade to the AP?

Yes. Do so at the same time and place that you do the upgrade.

Have a great trip! :wizard:

I went to upgrade my ticket at Epcot on November 16th. I went armed with a printout showing the current gate price with and without tax of both the ticket I owned and the AP I wanted to buy.
Psst! You can use Disney's brochures with ticket prices (if those are still published) as your "printout". Or a photograph of the marquee above a ticket booth (inkjet etc. print, not on your camera viewfinder screen).

Psst! You can use Disney's brochures with ticket prices (if those are still published) as your "printout". Or a photograph of the marquee above a ticket booth (inkjet etc. print, not on your camera viewfinder screen).

If you have a smart phone, you can just call-up (or save and view)
THIS LINK of the entire price list.

seashoreCM said:

Yes, but this had all my ticket information including ticket numbers settings calculations on it four easy reference. I also had Disney's ticket page bookmarked pin my phone. I didn't have to show either, but I used it so I had the price breakdown in mutt hand.

Upgraded a discounted ticket to an AP yesterday at Epcot Guest Relations with no problem. I wouldn't have to thought to ask about parking, so thanks guys.

I had an issue at DTD upgrading a pass. I renewed my AP in May. In June we decided to upgrade to the premium AP. The CM tried to charge me the difference between a renewed AP and a new PAP. I told her that wasn't right and that she should have been charging me the difference between a renewal AP and renewal PAP.

She argued with me so I said no thanks and attempted to leave. We live here so I figured I'd go to a different location or try on a different day.

She said she'd make that "magical" one time exception but kept repeating that this was the wrong procedure and she shouldn't be doing this. She made me fill out a paper with my name and address for the "exception." She was just all around not very nice. Very loud in announcing how I was incorrect and she was making an exception she shouldn't be. Others were staring at us.

But I left with what I came for at the correct price. I did email Disney with her name to let them know she needed more training, both in ticketing procedures and how to treat people.they emailed back an apology, but I hope she got the training she needed.

So this just goes to show you....DTD has uninformed CMs too.

Upgraded a discounted ticket to an AP yesterday at Epcot Guest Relations with no problem. I wouldn't have to thought to ask about parking, so thanks guys.

May I ask if the discounted ticket you upgraded was purchased within this year or and older one. I had a problem upgrading one that was purchased a couple of years ago and too "received the one-time exception."

So someone mentioned, but I want to confirm - can I ask for a refund of my parking fee for the day I upgrade to the AP? That would be sweet!

Let us know what your outcome was..... I had problems doing this very same thing in November at MK Guest Relations.

Let us know what your outcome was..... I had problems doing this very same thing in November at MK Guest Relations.

Stinky_Pete just posted his results this morning-

I bought my 8 day, expiring hopper from UT about 5 months ago...just before the price increase in August. Then, when the DVC AP upgrade deal came out, I figured it would cost me just under $50 to upgrade after using the pass on my first day. So, that's what I did. But then, as I got to the counter, the CM told me it was an addtl $485!! Ah, no. I told her it should be much less. Okay, so she goes back and says 'Yes, you're right. It's only $385 addtl.''!!!! Seriously? I told her that it should be less than $50 to upgrade. I had paid about $355 for my pass. So the difference between that and the $399 (not including tax) was certainly not $385!! She asked where I had purchased the pass. I told her it didn't matter where I bought it...I had already used the pass to enter the park, where I bought it was a moot point. SHe asked again, I told her UT. She started to argue with me, I told her I wanted it bridged. She said, and I quote..'Oh, you want it bridged. That's entirely different.' And then I was charged an addtl $49!!

So basically, I had to tell her how to do her job!! I spent close to 20 mins trying to get that resolved!! If you don't actually use the word bridge, then some CMs aren't going to know what to do...and that's somewhat off putting.

If you don't actually use the word bridge, then some CMs aren't going to know what to do...and that's somewhat off putting.

Sadly, "bridge" is no magic word to get the correct procedure or price.

It happened to be in your particular case with that particular CM (and congrats to you for that!) but there have been many stories on the boards of guests asking for "bridging" then, finding the CM staring blankly in response, and not doing the correct price/procedure even then.

The only guarantor is a guest knowing exactly what the proper upgrade price should be (after a ticket is used at least one time to enter a park) and not accepting the word of an uninformed (or worse) ticket CM, but insisting on the correct deal and/or taking the transaction to another CM to get the proper price.

SUSIEQ said:
The CMs seem more concerned with "where did you buy it" and "how much did you pay for it", than they are concerned with doing their jobs correctly!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Maybe they are collecting data for Disney. Remember the "terrible" CMs that informed ppl of FPs or ADR changes? Looking back, seems like they were right. Doesn't excuse the lack of service but...

Sadly, "bridge" is no magic word to get the correct procedure or price.

It happened to be in your particular case with that particular CM (and congrats to you for that!) but there have been many stories on the boards of guests asking for "bridging" then, finding the CM staring blankly in response, and not doing the correct price/procedure even then.

The only guarantor is a guest knowing exactly what the proper upgrade price should be (after a ticket is used at least one time to enter a park) and not accepting the word of an uninformed (or worse) ticket CM, but insisting on the correct deal and/or taking the transaction to another CM to get the proper price.
Absolutely. And I was feeling like 'that' guest...standing there, arguing with the CM. She tried to be patient with me, but there was no way I was paying more than I should have paid. I really do wish the CMs were trained in everything they need in order to do their jobs. I hate knowing that I am right and then trying to get what I need done, without arguing. But, that wasn't the case this time around. I'm sure there were plenty of guests behind me in line who stood there, shaking their heads, about the nasty guest trying to get something for nothing!!!:confused3

Stinky_Pete just posted his results this morning-

OH yes, now I see that. I was reading the posts in reverse order, I guess.

Anyway, I still would like to know if the discounted ticket that was upgraded was a current year or purchased in prior years. -- as this seemed to be the main point the CM was telling me.....that I could not bridge discounted tickets that were not purchased in the current year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter