• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR pics.

Leaving tomorrow :cool1:

Any requests? I know someone asked about the fountain drink offerings - any other questions, let me know and I'll do my best :thumbsup2

Maybe I should call back and change from standard to preferred but I hate parting with 160 dollars....I am not afraid to walk are the room rediculously far from main pool....I had the farthest room at movies resort and did not mind the walk....would that be comparable? Or maybe the 160 would be money well spent...hmmm:confused3

I think it would be worth it to book preferred in such a large resort. I have walked before at other resorts and it is not fun especially when you have walked all day in the parks.

Leaving tomorrow :cool1:

Any requests? I know someone asked about the fountain drink offerings - any other questions, let me know and I'll do my best :thumbsup2

Coffee pot in room, please. I am wondering if they take pods.

Have a magical trip!! :)

Maybe I should call back and change from standard to preferred but I hate parting with 160 dollars....I am not afraid to walk are the room rediculously far from main pool....I had the farthest room at movies resort and did not mind the walk....would that be comparable? Or maybe the 160 would be money well spent...hmmm:confused3

I wouldn't book preferred. I actually enjoy the walking to take in the beauty - esp. in the am when going to get coffee. You say you do not mind a walk, and there is no guarantee that you will have to walk super far. We stayed at the farthest building in Barbados, and have stayed at the farthest building in Aruba and didn't feel bad about the walk at all.
I also think there's something about fast walking vs. slow walking. I walked for a living at a good pace del. mail for hours and don't mind a quick walk to OPR. However, slow walking in the parks is what does you in, I found.

I agree with the above poster. If you request building 45 or 51 you will be less than 5 minutes from Center Town and OPR. We stayed in 45 and it was the perfect location. There's a quiet pool and laundry facility within 2 minutes, a beach and playground right behind the building, and you just walk over the bridge and through Caribbean Cay and you're at OPR. The walk to OPR is gorgeous too so you won't even mind!

I think I will stay standard because we don't spend all day in the parks and we pretty much just go with the flow, and we really don't mind walking at all. We are driving our own car, so we won't be waiting for buses, with that said I don't mind taking a little more time strolling the resort. I am very excited about staying here, I have stayed at all the mods except this one hopefully I saved the best for last

I think I will stay standard because we don't spend all day in the parks and we pretty much just go with the flow, and we really don't mind walking at all. We are driving our own car, so we won't be waiting for buses, with that said I don't mind taking a little more time strolling the resort. I am very excited about staying here, I have stayed at all the mods except this one hopefully I saved the best for last

I think you're going into a stay at the CBR with just the right attitude. :thumbsup2 You're "go with the flow" style should fit right in with the relaxing feel of the resort.

All these photos have me so excited to be staying at CBR...I requested an area, but I can care less where I stay in the resort as long as I am there!!

I felt just like you and was worried about staying at CBR b/c of all the bad reviews. I have to say though that after staying there last fall I am really confused as to why there's so much negativity around CBR. We loved everything about the resort. It's beautiful, very realxing and has one of the best pools on property, imo. We also had no issues at all with the buses. I'm not sure if that was because we went in early November when it wasn't crowded or what. I think maybe most of the bad reviews come from people who travel during the busy summer season, but when you add masses of people into any equation, you are going to lose some of the magic. I don't think that has anything to do with CBR specifically though. The only thing that I thought was a ligitimate complaint was that some of the buildings are very far away from OPR. I knew that going in though and made sure I asked for one of the buildings that is closest to the pool and food court. Other than that, I just can't imagine what there would be to complain about. As for the resort being run down... that one really boggles my mind. All the rooms have recently been refurbed and they look great! And I thought the resort itself was extremely well groomed. The lawns were perfectly manicured and there are lush tropical plants and flowers everywhere. My advice to you would be to not worry about those reviews at all. I think you are going to love CBR and see that is a jewel among Disney resorts! :thumbsup2 Besides, you have to take people's opinions (including mine ;)) with a grain of salt because you'll never know until you go!

I could not agree with you more. We stayed there during Spring Break this year, it was crowded all over WDW and I know the resort was sold out or close to it, but it never felt crowded (seating at the main pool was challenging a few times but we run into that at any resort when its peak season). Our room was so clean and nice, the grounds were immaculate and the pools were top notch and always clean and well maintained.

I understand everyone has different experiences but we have had two great stays at CBR with #3 in less than six months and we have nothing but good things to say about it.

The size issue gets people worried and there are a lot of misconceptions about this. Just on Tripadivisor today, I saw one person say they only have one check in for "seven hotels". Seven villages as in seven sections yes, but seven hotels? I also see people say it can take 30 minutes to get to the food court and I am sorry, but that is simply not true unless you literally walk at a snails pace.

CBR is on par with walking with POR and CSR, and for that matter GF and Poly can have some walking too. Then there is SSR and OKW which are also very spread out. If you like a one building set up, CBR is not a good pick, but at Disney, even the one building set ups have you walking depending on your location. We were the last room down the hall at BWV and to get to the bus stop via that long hallway, thru the lobby and then down to to the bus stop took longer than anything we have had at any other resort.

Its WDW, you walk no matter where you stay.

Thank you to all who have posted photos. We stayed at CBR in 2006 and are returning this Sept for Free Dinning. I was thinking of trying to book at POFQ instead but this pics have made me rethink that idea. :thumbsup2

Thank you to all who have posted photos. We stayed at CBR in 2006 and are returning this Sept for Free Dinning. I was thinking of trying to book at POFQ instead but this pics have made me rethink that idea. :thumbsup2

September for us too on free dining. I can't wait for summer to be over...:eek: I can't believe I just said that!

Just got back from a fabulous trip to CBR on Monday and thought I'd share my pictures (though they're not as good as most on this thread!) First, our room in Jamaica (as requested) - building 46 - king room:

DisneyPhotos_2012001.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012002.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012003.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012004.jpg

Nemo wallpaper:
DisneyPhotos_2012074.jpg

View from our doorway:
DisneyPhotos_2012011.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012012.jpg

Walking the resort on Saturday morning (my favorite thing to do at Disney :cloud9:)

DisneyPhotos_2012013.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012014.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012017.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012018.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012019.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012020.jpg

View of our room from the courtyard - corner room right at the top of the stairs:
DisneyPhotos_2012022.jpg

I loved all these pictures. What a beautiful resort. When we are at WDW DH insists on the monorail hotels. He doesnt like the buses. Im trying to expand his mind a bit. All the hotels are so wonderful. I did get him to stay at WL and he liked that. Im hoping to get him to stay at BC or YC this year. I'll have to show him this thread so he can see how cool all the hotels are. Thanks all.

Sunday morning's walk - at sunrise - the pictures don't do justice to how beautiful it was that morning :goodvibes

DisneyPhotos_2012050.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012051.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012052.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012053.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012055.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012056.jpg

DisneyPhotos_2012057.jpg

Oh, and I know someone requested a picture of the fountain drink selection in Old Port Royale. Here's the pic I took:

DisneyPhotos_2012054.jpg

Also, after I took this, I realized the center section had two additional selections - Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade and Blue Powerade.

Hope that helps!

I didn't see the request for the coffee machine until I got home - sorry! :(

We're not coffee drinkers, so didn't use it. All I can say is that it looked new, was black ;), and there was no pot - so I guess it was single use?? I really know nothing about coffee, sorry! You can see a little bit of it in the corner of the one room picture in my previous post.

Oh, and I know someone requested a picture of the fountain drink selection in Old Port Royale. Here's the pic I took:

DisneyPhotos_2012054.jpg

Also, after I took this, I realized the center section had two additional selections - Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade and Blue Powerade.

Hope that helps!

I didn't see the request for the coffee machine until I got home - sorry! :(

We're not coffee drinkers, so didn't use it. All I can say is that it looked new, was black ;), and there was no pot - so I guess it was single use?? I really know nothing about coffee, sorry! You can see a little bit of it in the corner of the one room picture in my previous post.

THANK YOU!! The only pictures I have seen are from many years ago and I wanted to know what the drink selection was for the kids. Thanks for the extra info on the blue powerade, that will keep me from needing to have Gatorade delivered.
Your resort pictures are lovely and I am glad you had a great trip.

THANK YOU!! The only pictures I have seen are from many years ago and I wanted to know what the drink selection was for the kids. Thanks for the extra info on the blue powerade, that will keep me from needing to have Gatorade delivered.
Your resort pictures are lovely and I am glad you had a great trip.

You're welcome! I like the blue powerade too as my kids drink that and when we're back in August, I'm sure we'll need it! I'm assuming all the resorts have the same selection :confused3

Are you leaving soon? Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter