CBR pics.

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by Ontdisfan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

I posted quite a few CBR pics here on this thread several pages back with some of those being the buildings in Trinidad North. Not sure if I had one of Bldg. 31.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Ok thanks i will go see if I can find them :thumbsup2

4. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

I certainly don't have any great (quality) photos, but I will post a couple from last week:

having breakfast by the water.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

looking down from our 2nd floor room:
    [​IMG]

this was right outside our room (Martinique 25)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

pic of our building (Martinique 25)
    [​IMG]

behind old port royale
    [​IMG]

another view of martinique 25
    [​IMG]

um, yeah, he probably shouldnt have had his feet in there, lol.
    [​IMG]

hot tub
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cruise cruise cruise

cruise cruise cruise <font color=royalblue>Either way we will have FUN!

Im looking for current pictures or at least an updated list of the beverage selections from the fountain machines at OPR
    Can anyone help?

6. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

I'll be there in 4 days :cool1: so I'll try to get a picture, or at least make a note of the offerings. Anyone else need pictures of anything specific? I'll do my best :thumbsup2

7. Urugami

Urugami DISdad #690

We stayed in Bldg 32 just last week; I think I shot a vid while walking to our room. I'll check and see if it's helpful.

8. RinkyTinkyTinky

RinkyTinkyTinky DIS Veteran

I have more pictures to post. These were taken one afternoon and evening in early November 2011 at CBR. We spent several hours enjoying the wonderful pirate pool , roasting marshmallows on the beach, and enjoying dinner and a movie by the pool. It was a terrific day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took my camera up to the top of the large slide to get some ‘aerial’ pictures of the pool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was so pretty how you could see both the pool water and the lake water at the same time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We really enjoyed the marshmallow roast on the beach. Great fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. RinkyTinkyTinky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pool water was so clean and clear!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are two hot tubs and we really enjoyed them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The kid’s spray area ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hair wrapping station…

[​IMG]

Setting up for movie night …

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RinkyTinkyTinky

Sunrise and sunset at CBR are not to be missed if you stay there. Simply gorgeous!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The movie for the night was Lilo and Stitch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We browsed the food court to see what our dinner options were.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had the cheesesteak, meatball sub and cheeseburger kid’s meal. All of it was good.

[​IMG]

I just love the way they served this in the sand pail! So cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gift shop browsing...

Coconuts postcards …

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now!

11. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Your pictures are so beautiful - 3 1/2 more days :cool1:

12. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

What lovely photos. I haven't been to CBR since 09 but I would love to visit again. Maybe I will stop there for lunch in August.

13. gg060571

gg060571 Earning My Ears

The pics are great, I was a little skeptical staying here because of all the negative reviews about how big and run down the resort is, but after seeing all the pics I can't wait to get there and enjoy the resort. I was hoping to skip the watermarks this time around in Lu of the beautiful pool and kids play area for my ds(5)......Aug 28 seems sooooo far away

14. RinkyTinkyTinky

I felt just like you and was worried about staying at CBR b/c of all the bad reviews. I have to say though that after staying there last fall I am really confused as to why there's so much negativity around CBR. We loved everything about the resort. It's beautiful, very realxing and has one of the best pools on property, imo. We also had no issues at all with the buses. I'm not sure if that was because we went in early November when it wasn't crowded or what. I think maybe most of the bad reviews come from people who travel during the busy summer season, but when you add masses of people into any equation, you are going to lose some of the magic. I don't think that has anything to do with CBR specifically though. The only thing that I thought was a ligitimate complaint was that some of the buildings are very far away from OPR. I knew that going in though and made sure I asked for one of the buildings that is closest to the pool and food court. Other than that, I just can't imagine what there would be to complain about. As for the resort being run down... that one really boggles my mind. All the rooms have recently been refurbed and they look great! And I thought the resort itself was extremely well groomed. The lawns were perfectly manicured and there are lush tropical plants and flowers everywhere. My advice to you would be to not worry about those reviews at all. I think you are going to love CBR and see that is a jewel among Disney resorts! :thumbsup2 Besides, you have to take people's opinions (including mine ;)) with a grain of salt because you'll never know until you go!

15. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

i agree. I was just there a couple weeks ago and I didn't see anything at all that could be considered "run down". I thought the grounds were gorgeous and the rooms while certainly not "luxury", were better than fine, IMO. I also knew about the big size so was sure to book a preferred room. I guess if you had no idea how big it was and got a room that was far away, I could see how someone would be upset, but if that were the case, I would just request to be moved.
    We had absolutely no problem with the buses either.
    I guess it all comes down to taste. For example, I shudder at the thought of staying at the Contemporary. I do not like the theming at all. We walked around when there for the Pirate & Pals cruise and it really kind of creeped me out. I don't think I'd stay there if it were free.

16. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

That would be great, how did you like that area ?

17. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Thats so funny about his feet in the fountain :rotfl: Your photos are fantastic, thanks for sharing them :)
    Did you request building 25 and did you like that area ? After seeing all the beautiful photos I think I have finally made the decision to stay at CBR in October !

18. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

i put in a request for Mart. 25 or Trinidad North 31. I booked preferred so I knew I'd get something in one of those villages.

19. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Ok we are going to book preferred also.

20. gg060571

gg060571 Earning My Ears

Maybe I should call back and change from standard to preferred but I hate parting with 160 dollars....I am not afraid to walk are the room rediculously far from main pool....I had the farthest room at movies resort and did not mind the walk....would that be comparable? Or maybe the 160 would be money well spent...hmmm:confused3

21. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

i bet if you put in a request for closest buildg. possible to OPR, you'll get something fairly close, but if you want to be guaranteed to be close, then spend the $