Casey Anthony TRIAL thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as those shows are concerned (Nancy) it's allllllll about ratings.

stories she can sink her teeth into and go over the top with. she seems to make up nick names for every case which by the way i think is stupid - why the hell does she need to do that? TOT MOM. agrrr drives me nuts.

if she was good enough lawyer to get a tv show why does she need to "act" through out the hour. her constant rolling of eyes, the use of the nick names all the time, the condescending attitude she always has.

she tries the case on her show the first week she hears about it and keeps hammering the nail in the coffee.

god forbid (and i'm not saying she is not guilty) casey just f'ed up and it was an accident but she was scared but nancy had her tried convicted and condemned to death 3 years ago. again i'm not saying casey is innocent

if the case has some kind of hook then they will run with it if it's pretty straight forward - wheres the media punch in that.

stories like a mom who drowns her 5 children
a mom who drives her 2 babies into a lake then says a black man carjacked her and did it

these have the media punch she craves

and she's no different then any of the other "celeb lawyers" and ya i say celeb lawyers because fame seems to go to their heads - all of them.

JMO but, Casey did that to herself. She didn't need Nancy's help! ;)

JMO but, Casey did that to herself. She didn't need Nancy's help! ;)

i know - i just used her because it's all nancy is talking about right now so i've got nothing else to go with.

what i'm getting at is nancy has then convicted before a trial even happens - sometimes years before a trial.

and while evedience will show she did it i thought the whole american justice system was based on "inocent until proven guilty" not guilty until you can afford to prove yourself innocent.

kwim

Does anyone know where Baez got his law degree from? I have tried searching but there seems to be conflicting info. He has a website but when you click on his biography, it takes you right back to his home page!

i know - i just used her because it's all nancy is talking about right now so i've got nothing else to go with.

what i'm getting at is nancy has then convicted before a trial even happens - sometimes years before a trial.

and while evedience will show she did it i thought the whole american justice system was based on "inocent until proven guilty" not guilty until you can afford to prove yourself innocent.

kwim

I know what you mean but, she's getting her trial where she is innocent until proven guilty. The jury will decided that, not the media.

I see what you're saying but show's like (especially) Nancy Grace spot light missing children's cases all the time. I know a great deal about this case as well as others. Haleigh Cummings (also in Florida) for example.

In my case, I was flipping channels one day and started watching MSNBC when they had breaking news about a little girl who was missing for 31 days and had not been reported. I googled her name and found a message board that is focused on just the missing. That's how I got my info and shows like Nancy Grace were secondary for me.

I do realize that most people don't follow missing person message boards and only get the info from the media.

The difference, in this case, was the amount of video and pictures available to NG and, the fact that Casey is such a mess. NG did give a good amount of time to Haleigh Cummings, but dropped her like a hot potato when the people involved went to jail for other charges. What was there to follow? Was the interest ever on Haleigh or the odd nature of the parents?

Casey's antics and the adorable videos available of Caylee gave her an amazing amount to work with. The case is big news and it is a ratings bonanza.

As for other missing children, I'd like to think that NG was in it for the kids, but I don't believe it. Where is the focus on Trenton Ducket? Gone. Once the mom killed herself, who did NG have to focus upon to vent her wrath?

Obviously, I am not a NG fan.

Does anyone know where Baez got his law degree from? I have tried searching but there seems to be conflicting info. He has a website but when you click on his biography, it takes you right back to his home page!

A Cracker Jack box? :lmao:

as far as those shows are concerned (Nancy) it's allllllll about ratings.

stories she can sink her teeth into and go over the top with. she seems to make up nick names for every case which by the way i think is stupid - why the hell does she need to do that? TOT MOM. agrrr drives me nuts.

if she was good enough lawyer to get a tv show why does she need to "act" through out the hour. her constant rolling of eyes, the use of the nick names all the time, the condescending attitude she always has.

she tries the case on her show the first week she hears about it and keeps hammering the nail in the coffee.

god forbid (and i'm not saying she is not guilty) casey just f'ed up and it was an accident but she was scared but nancy had her tried convicted and condemned to death 3 years ago. again i'm not saying casey is innocent

if the case has some kind of hook then they will run with it if it's pretty straight forward - wheres the media punch in that.

stories like a mom who drowns her 5 children
a mom who drives her 2 babies into a lake then says a black man carjacked her and did it

these have the media punch she craves

and she's no different then any of the other "celeb lawyers" and ya i say celeb lawyers because fame seems to go to their heads - all of them.

I totally agree. Unfortunately, I do believe shows like NG can and do interfere with LE and the courts to do their jobs properly.

I'd really like to do some kind of study into this case to discover why this case has taken a larger than life focus and why Casey Anthony is considered the modern day equivalent of Charles Manson. I'm sure Casey is not the first self-absorbed woman to kill her child and try to hide it. I'm not judging any one's perceptions. I just find it very interesting.

Speaking for myself, here are the key differences in Casey Anthony vs. Amanda Brumfield (Billy Bob Thornton's daughter) and most other cases of filicides :

1. It took 31 days for the "kidnapping" to be reported and it wasn't done by the mother. (OTOH, Amanda reported her god-daughter's injury within a few hours, didn't claim a kidnapping, allowing for swifter justice and grieving for the family).

2. KC's lies not only hampered LE, but allowed her family (and the world) to hold out hope for months before Caylee's remains were found.

3. The Anthonys (understandably) sought out the national media in order to find their granddaughter. However, as time went on, this snowballed out of control and didn't allow for closure. Had KC admitted to the accident/murder or Caylee's remains been found early on, this may have been less of a "big story".

4. The case took a life of its own: lies, the party girl, cast of hundreds, lies, who's the daddy, denial of the obvious, lies, imaginary friends and jobs, theft...did I mention lies?

5. The simple fact that SO much of the incriminating information came to light because of our modern media (texts, emails, cellphone pings, Facebook & MySpace entries, photos, video/audio tapes) rather than traditional word-of-mouth testimony.

JMHO, always welcome other viewpoints. :)

There's an article linked in the first post about Baez, except I'm not sure if A) the link works yet (fixing them has been a bear!) and B) it mentions his law school. But if you google "Jose Baez eight years bikini" you should come up with the same article. ;)

Can someone tell me on that last page of the old thread, there were two pics of photo evidence - looks like it marked where caylees dead body could have been in the trunk. Is that right and if so, was it shown in court today?

And on a sidenote, NOT sidebar (ahem Jose) let us all recall that the charming Scott Peterson was convicted and sent to death row on a circumstantial only case.The State in this case has done exactly what they needed to do. There will be no mistrial. They have more evidence than they did for ole Scotty...and he rots in jail as I type...

So naturally this means I believe firmly she will not get off, at all.

another question

about the towing company guys testimony,
he stated he smelled death. that he came across that before.
soooooooo what did he do when he smelled that?
did he or not call the cops? if not why? or did they not ask him?

Below are the names from the state witness list in the Casey Anthony case. Bolded have testified.

http://www.wesh.com/r/17601789/detail.html

• Sgt. John Allen, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Karen Angel, Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Mount Dora, where Casey Anthony’s grandfather lived.
  • Cynthia Anthony, Casey Anthony’s mother, Caylee Anthony’s grandmother
  • George Anthony, Casey Anthony’s father, Caylee Anthony’s grandfather
  • Lee Anthony, Casey Anthony’s brother
  • Deputy Charity R. Beasley, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Gerardo Bloise, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Rosanna Bonilla
  • Troy Brown
  • Simon Burch, works at wrecker company that towed Casey Anthony’s car
  • Brian Burner, neighbor of Cindy and George Anthony who loaned shovel to Casey Anthony
  • Deputy Sandra G. Cawn, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Ann Marie Chase
  • Kristina Chester, friend of Casey Anthony
  • David D. Clarke, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Danny Colamarino, works at tattoo parlor that Casey Anthony visited
  • Dee Crawford, Event Imaging Solutions Group
  • Matthew Crisp
  • Kiomarie Cruz
  • Jonathan Daly, Works at tattoo parlor that Casey Antony visited
  • Kelly Deguzman, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Tanya DePalmo, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Iassen Donov
  • Annie Dowling
  • Deputy Ryan Eberlin, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Eric Edwards, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Deputy Rendon Fletcher, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Deputy Jason Forgey, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Thomas Galaida, Tom’s Auto Repair
  • Harry Garcia, Sawgrass Apartments, where Casey Anthony said Caylee’s nanny lived
  • Rich Garrad, Carlson Restaurants, Texas
  • Zenaida Gonzalez, woman whose name Casey Anthony used as Caylee’s nanny
  • Jessie Grund, Casey Anthony’s ex-boyfriend
  • Mark Hawkins, friend of Casey Anthony
  • Deputy Susan Hempfield, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Jeffrey Hopkins II, identified in police report as former high school classmate of Casey Anthony who ran into her in late June
  • Jeffrey and Melissa Hopkins, Jeffrey II’s parents
  • Reginald Hosey, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Roy "Clint" House
  • Amy Huizenga, friend of Casey Anthony
  • Sgt. Matthew Irwin, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Michael Kispert, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Maria Kisch
  • Anthony Lazzaro, recently Casey Anthony’s boyfriend
  • Ricardo Lee, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Anne Lennington, from nursing home where Casey Anthony’s father was
  • Nicole Lett, from wrecker company that towed Casey Anthony’s car
  • Dannielle Lucey-Austin
  • Amanda Macklin, Sawgrass Apartments, where Casey Anthony said Caylee’s nanny lived
  • Tom Manderville, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Deputy Peter Marino, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Awilda McBryde, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Joy McCabe, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • William McCoy, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Deputy Samara Melich, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Yuri Melich, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Officer William Moore, Orlando Police Department
  • Ricardo Morales, dated Casey Anthony
  • Custodian of 911 Calls, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Custodian of Records of Johnson’s Wrecker Service, which towed Casey Anthony’s car
  • Custodian of Records of AT&T Wireless
  • Ryan Pasley
  • Shirley Plesea
  • Melissa Remy, FDLE
  • Gary Ridgeway, Johnson’s Wrecker, which towed Casey Anthony’s car
  • Pedro Rivera, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Kari Roderick, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Dante Salati
  • Deputy Michael Salamat, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Katherine Sanchez, Amscot
  • Nicole Schieber, Johnson’s Wrecker, which towed Casey Anthony’s car
  • Deputy Michael Seagraves, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Renee Simpson, Valencia Community College
  • Dianne Tighe, Colorvision
  • Dave Turner, Sawgrass Apartments, where Casey Anthony said Caylee’s nanny lived
  • Leonard Turtora, Universal, where Casey Anthony said she worked
  • Michael Vincent, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Deputy Appling Wells, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Deputy Jerold White, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
  • Lance White
  • Bobby Lee Williams
  • Deputy Ryan Williams, Orange County Sheriff’s Office

another question

about the towing company guys testimony,
he stated he smelled death. that he came across that before.
soooooooo what did he do when he smelled that?
did he or not call the cops? if not why? or did they not ask him?

I'm going to paraphrase here, Simon Birch (Burch?) did not call the police because when the trunk was opened, in George Anthony's presence, there was no body. Therefore, he would have only been reporting a smell.

Why he didn't call when he first smelled it? I forget what, if anything, his response was. Sorry.

There's an article linked in the first post about Baez, except I'm not sure if A) the link works yet (fixing them has been a bear!) and B) it mentions his law school. But if you google "Jose Baez eight years bikini" you should come up with the same article. ;)

Oh my! I now see why Casey picked him for her attorney. They seem like a match made in Heaven!

I am also not a Nancy Grace fan. I actually cannot stand her. If I knew nothing about this case, other than that NG thinks Casey is guilty, I would honestly give her the benefit of the doubt. NG latches on to cases and certain and people and details and states her opinion as fact without giving the full story. It gets her ratings and ratings are what pay her bills.

Can someone tell me on that last page of the old thread, there were two pics of photo evidence - looks like it marked where caylees dead body could have been in the trunk. Is that right and if so, was it shown in court today?

And on a sidenote, NOT sidebar (ahem Jose) let us all recall that the charming Scott Peterson was convicted and sent to death row on a circumstantial only case.The State in this case has done exactly what they needed to do. There will be no mistrial. They have more evidence than they did for ole Scotty...and he rots in jail as I type...

So naturally this means I believe firmly she will not get off, at all.

thank god he did. but i wonder how much that had to do with his wife being pg at the time he killed her.

the murder of a child/infant/unborn seems to add weight to a case.

anyone know what susan smith got?

i can't wait to hear Zenaida Gonzalez

i saw an interview with her tonight and she said she would love to see her face to face. that she has spend the last 3 years dealing with death threats, lost jobs, prob being kicked out of her home all because casey saw her name on a registry for the appartments and used it as her scape goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter