Casey Anthony TRIAL thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? LOL...people wanted their picture taken with Baez? :happytv:

Are we sure this isn't another one of Casey's lies? ;)

I'm really shocked they are having court on Sat

I know my husband will be disappointed...lol...I'm spending way too much time watching court tv. He objects to me watching it....I respond with "overruled". :rotfl:

Remembering the OJ Simpson trial. He was on trial for the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson. Was he also tried for the murder of Ron, her friend?

There were numbers of people who were 100% certain that he was not guilty. And in fact, a jury of peers returned a verdict of the same.

Does anyone hold the opinion that Casey is fully without any fault whatsoever in the death of Caylee, whether it be accidental or premeditated? Either here or what you've read on another board, a friend, neighbor, co-worker, etc.

I won't criticize anybody for their opinion. Opinions aren't wrong. You can maybe not have all the facts, or see them differently or even a life experience may lead one to feel another way.

I'm really just curious what other people think. :flower3:

I don't think she is innocent. I also don't think they will be able to find her guilty of the first degree murder charge. There are just two many holes in the case that leave a reasonable doubt. No matter how much we want to hate her, the jury may not want to take the leap to first degree murder when they don't know for certain what happened.

Interestingly, Amanda Brumfield, daughter of Billy Bob Thornton, has been on trial in the same building as Casey Anthony. She was being tried on the same charges as Casey...first degree murder with aggrevated child abuse. The verdict came in today. The found her guilty of manslaughter with aggrevated child abuse.

It is very difficult to find someone guilty of first degree murder unless you have witnesses and/or an airtight motive.

"Daughter Found Guilty of Manslaughter : Billy Bob Thornton's - Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter has been found guilty of aggravated manslaughter of a child, the Associated Press reports.The 32-year-old Brumfield was acquitted of first-degree murder and aggravated child-abuse charges. The estranged daughter of actor Billy Bob Thornton has been found guilty of aggravated manslaughter for the October 2008 death of a friend's 1-year-old child."

I don't think she is innocent. I also don't think they will be able to find her guilty of the first degree murder charge. There are just two many holes in the case that leave a reasonable doubt. No matter how much we want to hate her, the jury may not want to take the leap to first degree murder when they don't know for certain what happened.

Interestingly, Amanda Brumfield, daughter of Billy Bob Thornton, has been on trial in the same building as Casey Anthony. She was being tried on the same charges as Casey...first degree murder with aggrevated child abuse. The verdict came in today. The found her guilty of manslaughter with aggrevated child abuse.

It is very difficult to find someone guilty of first degree murder unless you have witnesses and/or an airtight motive.

"Daughter Found Guilty of Manslaughter : Billy Bob Thornton's - Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter has been found guilty of aggravated manslaughter of a child, the Associated Press reports.The 32-year-old Brumfield was acquitted of first-degree murder and aggravated child-abuse charges. The estranged daughter of actor Billy Bob Thornton has been found guilty of aggravated manslaughter for the October 2008 death of a friend's 1-year-old child."

I saw that headline yesterday but I didn't read the article. I should have. Why do you suppose the Anthony case garnered more publicity?

If I had to guess, and I could be wrong, it would have some to do with the 31 days that Caylee was missing and Casey was out partying, in part. Maybe also because of Casey's bizarre stories?

I saw that headline yesterday but I didn't read the article. I should have. Why do you suppose the Anthony case garnered more publicity?

Sadly, I think it often has to do with looks and behavior. To many, Casey is an attractive, young female so it drew attention right away. Her lies drew attention and her antics like hot body contests, toga parties, crazy wild pictures with friends, drinking, many boyfriends... it's a lifetime movie basically.

And sadly...a little, sweet innocent child lost her life...my heart breaks for Caylee and occasionally for the Grandparents and their loss.

Ah, a new home. We've moved. MaryAnn does such a nice job making it all homey.

Got an appt at 9:45 to get my eyebrows done. You think she'd mind if I had my earphones in my ear streaming on my Iphone?

Had a busy afternoon so missed a lot of Mr Bloise so I am catching up now. I did see the State said they expect to be done around the 17th. I leave on the 20th ugh. Wonder how long the defense will take. Hopefully more than a week or I will miss the verdict!

Sadly, I think it often has to do with looks and behavior. To many, Casey is an attractive, young female so it drew attention right away. Her lies drew attention and her antics like hot body contests, toga parties, crazy wild pictures with friends, drinking, many boyfriends... it's a lifetime movie basically.

There is something else. This is a normal, middle class family. This isn't white trash, they aren't an outward mess of a family with deadbeat parents. They aren't uneducated. They aren't felons, drug addicts or troublemakers. This is what seemed like a typical family is your normal neighborhood. Dad a security guard, mom a nurse, and what appeared to me 2 regular kids.

If I had to guess, and I could be wrong, it would have some to do with the 31 days that Caylee was missing and Casey was out partying, in part. Maybe also because of Casey's bizarre stories?

I've been trying to figure this out for some time. My guess is that it was picked up by a couple of network programs who played the films of Caylee over and over. Watching that adorable child has made this personal to many. I could not tell you what the child looked like in the Brumfield case and it happened here.

I just have to wonder, had the media not latched onto this case and played the videos non-stop, would the case be anything like it is today. After all, Nancy Grace made this case her top news story for months. This brought it to many people's attention that might, otherwise, have never been aware. As I pointed out in a post a few days ago. The Anthony case is just one of many horrendous child murder cases that have occurred in the Central Florida area in the past couple of years, yet no one knows anything about the other cases, nor seems to care. Those little lives were just as precious and the way in which they died was, in some cases, extreme abuse.

I'd really like to do some kind of study into this case to discover why this case has taken a larger than life focus and why Casey Anthony is considered the modern day equivalent of Charles Manson. I'm sure Casey is not the first self-absorbed woman to kill her child and try to hide it. I'm not judging any one's perceptions. I just find it very interesting.

Several of the links in the OP here on new thread #2 are not working for me. Any link that has ..... in it. It seems it didn't copy / paste over correctly from other thread.

OK, well for that matter, the ones with ... in it aren't working in thread #1 for me either.

Anyone?????

In my opinion, the initial draw to the case was a young, 22 yr old woman waited 31 days to report her 2 yr old missing. Casey's lies and actions after she reported her missing is what kept people hanging on.

A mother killing her child is sadly, nothing new but this is the most bizarre case to come around in years.

- 31 days before Caylee's GRANDMOTHER, not her mother, reported her missing.
- The fake nanny
- The partying while "looking" for her missing child
- The parents and brother sticking behind the obvious lies of their daughter/sister
- The stench of decomposition in the car
- The grandparents inability to stay away from the cameras
- The media eating up everything the grandparents had to say and the protesters outside the house
- Caylee being found only 15 houses away from her home
- The Sunshine law in Florida which makes it possible for the general public to see every bit of discovery

These are just a few out of the many reasons why this case has taken on such strength.

Here you are!!! I knew I'd find you somewhere!
Bren! :wave: I'm not hiding out...it just looks that way. :blush:
I wish I didn't have such a demanding job so I could join you guys. :(

One thing I wonder about that one of you may know--does anybody know who Caylee's father is? I read that her boyfriend Jesse Gund (or is it Grund?) took a paternity test and it wasn't him. I believe I read somewhere that her father and brother were also ruled out.

I wonder if Casey herself even knows.
JJ! :wave: I wouldn't be at all surprised if Casey doesn't know. I've read about all sorts of potential fathers, including THREE that died (2 car accidents, 1 suicide) before all this happened. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few men out there thinking :eek: .
Our new home!!! :surfweb:
:yay: For a while anyway! :laughing:
He (OJ) was actually at a Bills game and was going down the stairs that DH and I were going up. He gave us a smile and I just turned my head. My DH who is totally oblivious to anything didn't even look at him so had no idea who I was muttering comments about after he was past us.
What a missed opportunity! You should've stuck your foot out. :upsidedow
watching Nancy Grace. I see Baez was full of himself today. Taking pictures with young woman? Posing at the cameras going off? Hard to believe that he's involved in a murder case of a 2 year old child. That man irks the hell out of me!
Gggrrrr...watching NG now. That man has no sense of decency. Nada.
Posting on the new thread. :) Now we have 250 more pages to fill up!
Maybe that should be our poll...how many 250 page threads will this trial take. I bet we end up with NUMEROUS threads! :teeth:
I don't buy the defense story about Casey being abused. I think her lawyers came up with this defense from watching the first Menendez brothers murder trial. Maybe they think they can make her look sympathetic enough to create doubt in the minds of the jurors?
I don't know if I believe he abused her or not. The thing is...the story is coming from HER...someone who lies like nothing I've ever seen before (and I've got a major liar in the family). So where can anyone go with this? What I do believe is that it doesn't excuse or explain any of this...Caylee's death, covering it up, her behavior afterwards...nothing.

This case started, for the public, with that phone call from a grandmother hysterical about a car smelling like a dead body and just finding out, from her daughter, that her granddaughter had been missing for 31 days. Right then and there, it captured the attention of the country. And, on that call, Casey sounds detached. Add in all the other bizarre aspects of this case...unknown father (and her BROTHER tested for paternity), her lawyer being told to stop being so touchy feely with her, the whole fake nanny story, the jailhouse videos, the protesters outside their house, George's suicide attempt...and on and on. And just when you think it can't get freakier...it does!

ok I Am trying to go back & try to get info on what the timelines were on all of this. I think I got overloaded by nancy grace playing those tapes over & over & OVER a few years ago & put all this out of mind till now.

now can someone fill me in to what exactly happened with casey & her parents & when they got fed up with her?

after cindy told police she thought there was a dead body in the car, she changed her story to thinking it was spoiled pizza or something. why did she start backing casey & when did they realize casey was guilty of something.

wouldn't there have been some kind of questioning as to what the heck casey was doing when the cops outed her about her universal employment & the invisible nanny? why were they still so supportive of her?

they show old clips of george outside the house with the protestors. what is the back story on that...were they against george & cindy? casey?

oh yea,, what about the suicide attempt? what was the backstory on that?

& question on the trunk evidence..
ok , well yea there would be hairs after all those years.
but the impression of caylee// she was triple bagged.. was she supposed to be just set IN the trunk without being wrapped for some time without the bagging? because there is mention of a stain, which would not be there if she was bagged, right? ok no blood. rigt if she was bagged. so where did the stain come from. if she wasn;t bagged , certainly should have been more evidence, yes?
like, uh, fly stuff. even with NO live flies there should have been pupae casings, right? heck flys & yucky maggots sure show up in my garbage cans after a few days, & that is even without any discernable smell. her trunk should have been full of them... or has someone explained this.
also. If she was in the trunk not in a bag enough to leak a stain to show her body, & then bagged, wouldn't you think she would have fallen apart & left more evidence? is there some explaination for this?

I certainly know she is quilty. I just hate that there are way too many people out there who are going to forgive her for the LIE that she was molested*( yes I know people out there have been & suffer from same life symptoms of being a lier_) but I feel this is just a FAKE excuse, & a slap in the face for all the real victims of real abuse.
I hope people who are saying that they feel for her, because she is acting exactly like a molested kid would act,, would see it is a 'freakin' act :mad: they are picking apart everything! like why casey would be so loving to George,, 'cause she was molested & the victims always do that :sick:

In my opinion, the initial draw to the case was a young, 22 yr old woman waited 31 days to report her 2 yr old missing. Casey's lies and actions after she reported her missing is what kept people hanging on.

A mother killing her child is sadly, nothing new but this is the most bizarre case to come around in years.

- 31 days before Caylee's GRANDMOTHER, not her mother, reported her missing.
- The fake nanny
- The partying while "looking" for her missing child
- The parents and brother sticking behind the obvious lies of their daughter/sister
- The stench of decomposition in the car
- The grandparents inability to stay away from the cameras
- The media eating up everything the grandparents had to say and the protesters outside the house
- Caylee being found only 15 houses away from her home
- The Sunshine law in Florida which makes it possible for the general public to see every bit of discovery

These are just a few out of the many reasons why this case has taken on such strength.

But, you wouldn't know any of this if certain shows hadn't taken this case on as something to push. I don't know any, but the slightest details, of other cases happening in this area. For all I know, they could have someone just as bizarre involved. Yet, I know every detail of the Anthony case. For me, and this is just my opinion, the media has the power to sensationalize a case to the point that it jeopardizes the ability of our legal system to do its job the way it should. I give great kudos to the judge in the Anthony case. The man has had to deal with issues way beyond the normal scope.

Ah, a new home. We've moved. MaryAnn does such a nice job making it all homey.
Aw, thanks. :flower3:
There is something else. This is a normal, middle class family. This isn't white trash, they aren't an outward mess of a family with deadbeat parents. They aren't uneducated. They aren't felons, drug addicts or troublemakers. This is what seemed like a typical family is your normal neighborhood. Dad a security guard, mom a nurse, and what appeared to me 2 regular kids.
::yes:: The "popularity" (for lack of a better word) of this case isn't about one child being more precious than another...it's about all the facts surrounding it, as you and others have pointed out.
Several of the links in the OP here on new thread #2 are not working for me. Any link that has ..... in it. It seems it didn't copy / paste over correctly from other thread.

OK, well for that matter, the ones with ... in it aren't working in thread #1 for me either.

Anyone?????
It's on my To Do List to check the links. I'll start checking them now!

I've been trying to figure this out for some time. My guess is that it was picked up by a couple of network programs who played the films of Caylee over and over. Watching that adorable child has made this personal to many. I could not tell you what the child looked like in the Brumfield case and it happened here.

I just have to wonder, had the media not latched onto this case and played the videos non-stop, would the case be anything like it is today. After all, Nancy Grace made this case her top news story for months. This brought it to many people's attention that might, otherwise, have never been aware. As I pointed out in a post a few days ago. The Anthony case is just one of many horrendous child murder cases that have occurred in the Central Florida area in the past couple of years, yet no one knows anything about the other cases, nor seems to care. Those little lives were just as precious and the way in which they died was, in some cases, extreme abuse.

I'd really like to do some kind of study into this case to discover why this case has taken a larger than life focus and why Casey Anthony is considered the modern day equivalent of Charles Manson. I'm sure Casey is not the first self-absorbed woman to kill her child and try to hide it. I'm not judging any one's perceptions. I just find it very interesting.

That's about how I feel too. From an analytical standpoint it's a fascinating study into human character - Casey's, her family's and the public's. From an emotional standpoint, I personally just find it so very sad.

As to the media, we've a case here where an 18 month died. Law enforcement was lied to concerning the persons involved and the circumstances. It's barely been a blip on the news.

There are some obvious differences between that family and the Anthony's family. I won't post them because they sound so judgemental. I'll just say that everything Casey was, this mother was not. At the end of the day though, it's another young life lost. :(

But, you wouldn't know any of this if certain shows hadn't taken this case on as something to push. I don't know any, but the slightest details, of other cases happening in this area. For all I know, they could have someone just as bizarre involved. Yet, I know every detail of the Anthony case. For me, and this is just my opinion, the media has the power to sensationalize a case to the point that it jeopardizes the ability of our legal system to do its job the way it should. I give great kudos to the judge in the Anthony case. The man has had to deal with issues way beyond the normal scope.

as far as those shows are concerned (Nancy) it's allllllll about ratings.

stories she can sink her teeth into and go over the top with. she seems to make up nick names for every case which by the way i think is stupid - why the hell does she need to do that? TOT MOM. agrrr drives me nuts.

if she was good enough lawyer to get a tv show why does she need to "act" through out the hour. her constant rolling of eyes, the use of the nick names all the time, the condescending attitude she always has.

she tries the case on her show the first week she hears about it and keeps hammering the nail in the coffee.

god forbid (and i'm not saying she is not guilty) casey just f'ed up and it was an accident but she was scared but nancy had her tried convicted and condemned to death 3 years ago. again i'm not saying casey is innocent

if the case has some kind of hook then they will run with it if it's pretty straight forward - wheres the media punch in that.

stories like a mom who drowns her 5 children
a mom who drives her 2 babies into a lake then says a black man carjacked her and did it

these have the media punch she craves

and she's no different then any of the other "celeb lawyers" and ya i say celeb lawyers because fame seems to go to their heads - all of them.

Did anyone find out why Leonard Padilla was served with? Dont make me go downtown and ask the man.

I see what you're saying but show's like (especially) Nancy Grace spot light missing children's cases all the time. I know a great deal about this case as well as others. Haleigh Cummings (also in Florida) for example.

In my case, I was flipping channels one day and started watching MSNBC when they had breaking news about a little girl who was missing for 31 days and had not been reported. I googled her name and found a message board that is focused on just the missing. That's how I got my info and shows like Nancy Grace were secondary for me.

I do realize that most people don't follow missing person message boards and only get the info from the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter