• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carly & Jesse 08-07-08 WP/WH/SCP I got my high res CD from Disney!! Reception update

Thanks girls! It was certainly perfect!

And YES! My sister did ALL my floral except the boutonnieres and mother corsages! She did a great job. The pomanders were very easy! Very easy to make yourself! I'd say it was the easiest part of all the floral we did..and we did alot!

Disney originally quoted us at 125$ for a basic (very simple) small mickey pomander for the flower girl only.. so they are pricey! The ones we made for my BM's were larger than the one my flower girl carried.. so consider making them yourselves! Trust me..it's very easy!

Thanks again girls!!!
Lots more to come!!!

Carly Congratulations again!! I love the teaser pics!! Get some rest but we want that TR!!! :rotfl:

Oh, I have a question, the trees that are beside the alter, did you make them or get them from Disney? How much were they? TIA!

What is it with guys in formal wear? Did they take a class or something that taught them when they get dressed up they are supposed to cross their hands in front of them?:goodvibes :rotfl2:

Even the pics of them standing at the reception came out that way!

Carly Congratulations again!! I love the teaser pics!! Get some rest but we want that TR!!! :rotfl:

Oh, I have a question, the trees that are beside the alter, did you make them or get them from Disney? How much were they? TIA!

Thanks! Yes, we provided the trees. I wasn't to stuck on the idea, but we bought real ones and added a stem of flowers going up so that way when we move into our house we can plant them. And it won't be a total waste.

Hey Carly,
You looked so beautiful! We were planning on going to the GF that morning to see you, but DH FIL passed away that morning, so we kind of laid low for a little while. BUT, we stayed at the Poly and had a view of the WP so I saw you and your DH taking pictures! Then we took the monorail to dinner and passed the Whitehall Patio and saw your guests! Then we saw Cindy's Coach leaving the GF! I was like OMG she must have gotten the coach!!!!

Hey Carly,
You looked so beautiful! We were planning on going to the GF that morning to see you, but DH FIL passed away that morning, so we kind of laid low for a little while. BUT, we stayed at the Poly and had a view of the WP so I saw you and your DH taking pictures! Then we took the monorail to dinner and passed the Whitehall Patio and saw your guests! Then we saw Cindy's Coach leaving the GF! I was like OMG she must have gotten the coach!!!!

AWW! I missed you that day! Sorry to hear about you FIL I hope everyone is doing ok....

I was hoping you were somewhere around! At one point the monorail stopped right over Whitehall and we were waving at it! To bad that wasnt you!
And The coach was totally an OMG moment! The only real part of the entire day that I cried was when I saw the coach sitting outside!

You looked great too!! Can't wait to see more of your pictures.. I got to get started on my TR.. I was thinking about it laying in bed last night..lol... It has taken over my life!:lmao:

Carly and Jesse's Wedding Trip Report- August 7th 2008
Wedding Pavilion, Whitehall Room and Patio, Sago Cay Pointe

We had such an amazing time. There really is something in the air at Disney that just makes life perfect!:laughing: I wish I could find some and bring that feeling home with me!:hippie:

Our wedding was even more beautiful than I ever imagined, and when I first saw Cindys Coach well, that feeling was just indescibable! Worth every single penny! I also loved our reception, our dj, our food, the fireworks.. it was all just incredible.

Though nothing really is perfect, the good stuff completely outweighed the few problems that we did have! Disney is the way to go!:love:

Heres goes nothing....

Ken Weaver and Linda Rhodes from DFTW... A++ By far!
Ken was amazing to work with, and seemed more concerned with my relaxing than anything else. He took care of everything for us. Though some things did go wrong(or just no like I had pictured them).. nothing was left out or not taken care of. His assistant Linda was also wonderful. She replied to my emails faster than anyone else, and always gave me tons of information when I had questions. Sometimes she even answered my questions before I could ask them to her! Yay for Ken! He was also a retired florist.. so he really knew what he was doing! I completely recommend him to anyone!!
IMG_0055.jpg

Here he is hard at work
IMG_0242.jpg

Our Disney DJ Scott Messina- A++++++++++
Best thing we had the entire day. Scott took the few requetsI had and really carried them out! He found ways to involve everyone and kept the entire thing really fun! I'm so glad we decided to go with a DJ! He even made a came with our "kissing bells" to involve all the couples in the room having to confess their love for eachother! It was adorable.. and he was amazing! I really, really recommend him! Sweetest guy ever!

Our Wedding Photographer Joe Duncan A- (So far)
We haven't seen our pictures yet.. so I am grading before I see the outcome. He was good.. but didn't really get to creative. He didn't remember anything from our phone conference, but took any pictures that we requested. My only real complaint on him was that every felt way to rushed. We went straight out of our ceremony to picture point! We never even got a second to ourselves! I missed that moment! We also had Michael there taking shots along with Joe.. and I loved him. If he got a good shot.. he showed me. I can't wait to see some of them. Michael ( dont know last name) was way creative and really balanced our photos!

MK Photographer Ty Boyce A
We ended with Ty without requesting him. He was really nice, and talked to us the entire time. He was very creative and I think we got some great shots. I did have two shots I wanted but didn't get.. hopefully our others make up for the lost. I would definately recommend him.. he was perky at 4:45 A.M!

Laura Kidd A
We had a huge mix up with our Floral and ended up going with Disney for our boutonneires and corsages. She was out of town, so I worked with the other two girls, and ended up getting what we wanted. We also had twenty cylinders lining the patio of Whitehall with LED lights in them. The boutonnieres were great.. but they used the spray roses in the my Moms corsage and It wasnt to pretty. But I didnt request anything.. so thats not there fault! At our PS in February she was wonderful.. at that point we weren't sure what we were doing at Floral and she still went over everything. She really loves her job, and is good at what she does! I really liked her!
The corsage actually looks great in this shot!
100_8353.jpg

And so does my sisters belly!!

Disney Videography- A+
Again... without the outcome I'll give them an A+. I was able to watch a clip of our ceremony and loved it! Our videographer was Mike.. and he was everyone! Sometimes I don't know how he got into those positions!

Ana from Beaute Speciale B :scared1:
I know, I know. Ana was great.. I just had a slighty bad experience with her. I was really worried we would run out of time, and she showed up twenty minutes late. So we had about an hour and a half for four girls hair. She showed up with Marabelle(i think.. her name was something belle) And they went right to work. Mom was first and really quick. Then they started on my bridesmaid and sister. Seemed like they took forever, straightening, curling, then pulling it up. By the time Ana started on me, we were running really late. Joe showed up to take pictures and we were no where near being ready. In the end.. I had about twenty minutes to get dressed and do my make-up. We pulled through.. but that was definately my biggest complaint from the entire day.
Altough.. when she came for our MK shoot she was Wonderful. I guess my wedding was just a busy day for her. I even felt like she did a better job on my hair the second time!
Moms hair was my fav!
100_8360.jpg

My hair the morning of my MK shoot
IMG_0079.jpg

The side of my sisters hair
Copyof100_8439.jpg

My bridesmaid Kristens hair
carlyswedding045.jpg

Mickey and Minnie A++++
Best wedding guests ever! They even signed our guest book! They broke up our first dance, helped us cut the cake, danced with guests, and took tons of pictures! The best part was the reaction on the guests faces when Mickey and Minnie walked out in our first dance!
carlyswedding157.jpg

Major Domo A+++++++
Also a really great addition! He tried my "glass" slipper on everyones foot.. and then eventually fit it to mine at the ceremony! It was wonderful.. and a great surprise for our woman guests.
100_8303.jpg

Cindy's Coach A++++
Like I said before.. made my entire day PERFECT!!! When I made it outisde to the coach there were people everywhere taking pictures. On the ride to the pavilion people were hanging out of car windows to get out picture! I felt amazing and had the best time.. even though it only lasted a few minutes!
100_8373-1.jpg

Whispering Canyon A++++++
Best laid back rehearsal dinner I could have asked for!! The waiters really put time into our group. They told the best man he would have to ride the stick pony sining happy birthday to his self around the restaraunt, and if he did it bad he was going to be sent to the lobby. Well.. he took off screaming and went straight into the lobby singing "Happy Birthday To Me" and no.. it was not his birthday! The food was great, the waiters were wonderful, and the food was even better!
Pics coming soon-I have a ton, but there on my sis's camera!

Cinderellas Royal Table B-
The atmosphere is really what you pay for here! The food was ok.. I had the salmon.. it was good but not worth $50! This was my gift from my sister since we were in Orlando before anyone else! It was a nice surprise and I am so glad we went, but I am not in a hurry to get back!

Akershus Norway Princess Storybook Breakfast C-
Yep... I drug DH to a princess breakfast the morning of our MK shoot!
The princesses were cool, but most of them skipped our table because there were no kids! I was mad! We had Mulan, Snow White, Mary Poppins, and Sleeping Beauty. Belle was at front taking pics. The food here however sucked! It was almost 60 dollars for it too! Go for the experience.. not the food! All we really ate was fruit because the family style dinner was soo dry!
IMG_0082.jpg

California Grill A++++
This was second trip here.. and I loved it. I had a grilled Kona Kampache and goat cheese ravioli! Loved it! DH had the pork and a chicken and bacon flatbread! The flatbread was soo good! We also had Mickey Confetti on our table when we got there!
IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Coral Reef A
I expected this experience to be better. The food was good, the service was good, but nothing was amazing. I had the Mahi Mahi and DH had pork again! He loved his, and I loved mine! We also got to each pick a free dessert, but they made us both sick. I had a Baileys and Jack Daniels Mousse and He had the warm chocolate cake.. something just made us both naseous in the sweets! About an hour later DH downed a double bacon cheeseburger to feel better.. I don't know how he did it!
IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055-1.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Chef Mickeys A++
The food was great and all the characters were soo friendly. We had a 7:45 ressie the morning of the wedding and had a great time. Every time the characters found out it was my wedding day their reactions were so funny!!

Contemporary Resort A+
Even with all the construstion I LOVE this resort. We got upgraded to a King size bed.. and got a free bottle of champagne. It was great. We woke up every morning to the sound of Jackhammers on the fourth floor.. but I couldn't be mad when we had such a great view from our room!
IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Contemporary Room Service A+
It was soo good and soo fast. I had mickey waffles and DH had pancakes! The food was soo good.. and it was a great way to relax and eat carbs the morning after the wedding!
IMG_0261.jpg

Grand Floridian Resort A+
Me and my sister shared a room at the GF the night before the wedding and loved it. They put us in a handicap room so we would have more room in the bathroom the next day,but we had to check out to early to use it. And our room was really nice, there were hidden mickeys everywhere!
A bad shot.. but this is our room
IMG_0252.jpg

Coronado Springs B
I will admit its a nice resort.. im just tired of it. If my mom books us a trip.. thats where we are going to stay. Me and my sister spent our first night at Disney here and the lake is beautiful at night time! But, the security gate here was the hardest to get through the entire trip!
IMG_0214.jpg

Pictures coming soon!!!

Up Next... Tuesday August 5th! Leaving day!!

I'm sooooo glad you started your trip report!!!! I'm glad you were so happy with everything on your wedding day!

Great trip report so far! I laughed so hard when I read the stick pony story, I"ve been in there when people do that and it's just hilarious! :rotfl2: So far everything looked awesome! Congratulations!

Oh My Goodness what a beautiful bride you were sooooo pretty. :)

That photo has me thinking that I may wear my veil over my hair rather than under the updo as I was thinking.

Contemporary Resort A+
we had such a great view from our room!
IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

This is where we are for our wedding night and the night after - looks fab :thumbsup2

Looking
forward to hearing more !

Linz xxx :)

Great update! You need to slow down! Your making me look bad!!!:rotfl: Everything looks beautiful! can't wait to read more!

Carly, I know I said it before but I have to reiterate that you were an absolutely gorgeous bride! Your flowers are so pretty! Your sister did a wonderful job on them and the colors are stunning! Can't wait to hear more. I really appreciate the vendor & restaurant reviews, too. :hug:

Carly you started your TR!!! :cool1: :dance3:

Love the vendor reviews of the services, hotels AND restaurants!! That is so helpful. I have to tell you again, you looked so beautiful! I can't wait to read more!! Keep going! popcorn::

WOW Carly you looked so beautiful... Everything I must admit looks great and your sister awwwww so pretty with her tummy :thumbsup2

Hi Carly! I often lurk here on the wedding boards in hopes of one day becoming a VR bride and found your report while I was here! Wow, you were a beautiful bride. I'm really glad that I found your report, and can't wait to read more. I think my fave part of the wedding was the BM/FG flowers. I've never seen anything like them before, and they were PERFECT for a Disney wedding! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter