Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we didn't rent a fridge. We had one at the Marriott and it was large enough for a gallon of juice but it was on its side.

I have 3 questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. Are the playgrounds pretty good?
2. What exactly is on Parrot Cay Island?
3. How long is the food court open (breakfast, lunch and dinner?)?

Thanks!

1. not sure about playgrounds but on Parrot Cay there is just some sand. Several years ago it was better.

2. Parrot Cay just has some trails to walk around and has some benches. Also several picnic tables.

3. Pretty sure the hours are 6AM to 12 midnight.

I have a question too. How long is the bus ride to MK? Our last 3 trips have been at either GF or CR and you are at MK in 10 min. I'm sweating thinking about a long ride to MK, but CBR looks beautiful and I want to save money and see all the resorts.

What's the longest and/or shortest bus ride there?

Thanks,

Anna

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi safetymom!!

I haven't been over here to the Resorts Board in a while, nice to see you've started a CBR FAQ thread!! :) Just thought I'd post so I could add my links here too, if anyone is interested in seeing my pics and other info about CBR.

I am SOOO homesick for CBR, I am thinking of ways to save up $$ to go back SOON. LOL We already have 2 other vacations planned for this year, but unfortunately WDW isn't one of them.

P.S. They removed the birds from Parrot Cay Island in early 2001.

We've been wondering what they changed at OPR.
Did they change it so there is only one place to pay for all food counters?
Are the menus at the various food counters the same or have they changed some?
Anything else you can tell us?
Thanks
Greg

Originally posted by vicnmickey
Was wondering if we needed to bring are own.

Yes, you can request an iron and ironing board. Complimentary, to use during your entire stay. You can also request a hair dryer, as well as extra pillows, blankets, and towels if you feel you will need them. Request all of these items once you get to your room, just push the "Housekeeping" button on the room phone :)

When we visited a couple of week sago, we saw coconuts in the gift shop..but they all had a piece of Priority tape on them. I wish I had asked why..do you think they were all over a pound, and that was their way of alerting the salespeople to give you the correct postage?

huskergreg, I have pictures of the food court on my web site. One central area to pay. Video screens for the menu. Food choices are about the same. Where the bakery used to be is the grab and go market with sandwiches, drinks, donuts, cookies,etc are located. You can pay in this section for just those items or bring your food from the other area over and pay there too.

Since Safety Mom was having a mom moment and was busy spoling her daughter, when you walk in the front door of OPR if you look to the left there will be a barrel that has cocnut postcards it is before you walk into the merchandise shop.

Katie
wdwcp 2002-2003

This board is great. I knew if I asked about the Coconut Postcards, someone could answer my question. I look forward to sending myself one when we get there. If I send it the day we checkin it should be to my PO Box by the time I get back from our cruise!!!!!!

Also, one more question!!! If we purchase alot of things from WDW and don't want to take them on the cruise with us. Can we send them from the hotel. Is there a pack and send at the hotel or near by.

:jester:

My sister Eileen and I used to really look forward to the strawberry shortcake sundaes available at the bakery at Port Royale; they disapeared a couple years ago, to our great disappointment. Have they by any chance reappeared in the newly remodeled food court? (We go to the CBR next month, for our 21st consecutive yearly trip to Disneyworld! Can't wait!!)

I think this would be a hoot!! Does anyone know the cost of sending a coconut through the mail???? Thanks

Here is a link to All Ears Net. There are a great set of pics for CBR. There are also menus from WDW listed. The menus for CBR were updated in Jan. All Ears Net
There are links and info for tons of Disney stuff.

Can the rooms fit 5 people - 3 adults & 2 children? I know there are only two beds, but the kids could sleep with my mother in one bed. I'm just wondering if they would allow 5? Thanks!

POR is the only moderate resort that accomadates families of 5. You could do two connecting rooms, if thats in the budget.

Hi,

Great, great thread. We are going in May and cannot wait. Almost booked at Coronado but when seeing it on net, looks too business like. Heard CBR is awesome.

You indicated that you stayed in Aruba. How is the wald to Port Royale? I have two kids 4 and 5 and want to make sure it will not be too far for them. We got a room with a water/pool view.

Are we the last or first stop for buses?

Glad to see this thread started! Had booked CBR last year and a week later, they announced the close. I've just booked for this coming November at CBR and will give it another shot. From reading the boards, I believe it's the least complained about resort--except for being spread out. Really looking forward to it.

Have a question for you folks. I'd like to set wallpaper of a nice shot of CBR. Something to look at for the next 9 MONTHS! Love the photos you guys have taken but I'd really like to use the professional Disney shot, one of the aerial views of the resort. Problem is it's too small and when I stretch to fit, then it's too degraded. Does anyone know of a website that has the Disney photos in full screen or at least larger size? I've been to wdwig,laughing place, wdwfun, disney, even expedia and travel sites. Any ideas.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter