Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you click on my pictures you will get a larger version. When it comes up do a right click and do a save as and you will have a larger version.

Nice pictures! We're going to CBR in July. We were supposed to go there last October, but then they closed for renovations and we got bumped up to AKL, but I really wanted to try CBR! Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

Are there bathtubs in all the rooms? I have a DS4 gonna be 5 and he REFUSES to use a shower:(
Thanks!

Since Martinique and Trinidad North are mentioned quite a lot on here, I'm assuming they are the most requested of all buildings. What building would be a good third choice, in case those are full?
Also, which rooms are the corner rooms? I love the idea of two windows, as hotel rooms can be a little dark if you don't have direct sun.
One more: Does CBR use the soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower like at the AS or do they have actual soap bars and shampoo bottles?
Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to get there!

I have never seen a list of the corner rooms. Other than having an extra window I wasn't impressed. We usually keep the blinds closed so no one can see our stuff in the room.

CBR gives you bars of soap and bottles of shampoo. There are so many rooms in those 2 sets of buildings I don't think you would have a hard time getting a room in them. It depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be the first bus stop, the last, you want quiet, you want to walk over the bridge. It just depends on what you are looking for where to stay. Usually everyone asks to be close to OPR and others don't want to be near it.

Thanks for all the info on CBR, Safetymom. I just booked CBR for our June trip last night. I got the "Come Back Rate" of $95 including tax even though we weren't at the resort at the time of booking. We were at ASM in December when we booked our June trip, but they wouldn't give us the discount at that time. Called last night and got a great CM, who did some research on our reservation and gave it to us.

We've never stayed at CBR before, so I showed my DH your pictures of the resort and those on Deb Wills' site, and I think he is more excited about staying there than I am!! LOL!!! He told me tonight that he really like the look of the resort and that looking at the pictures is making him wish that we were leaving tomorrow!!

I have several questions...

I requested Martinique Bldg 25, but looking at the resort map it looks like any of the buildings in Martinique would be convenient to the main pool and bus stops. Would you say Martinique 25 is the best location? How is Trinidad North? What number would Martinique be for the bus stops? How many stops are there?

I've also heard in the past that the food court wasn't the best and was small. Now that they've renovated it, is it better than before?

How does the pool compare to POR and CSR? I've stayed at POR 3 times and CSR once and prefer POR over CSR. However, I do think the pool at CSR is better than POR. My DDs are are 15 and 13, and the slide doesn't look like much for older kids at CBR, but pictures can be deceiving. We all agree that we want to try a different resort this trip, so if the pool isn't that great, we can live with it.

Do you know if all of the rooms have been renovated or only rooms in certain islands? The CM indicated to me that some were done a couple of years ago and then some more last year, but didn't say if all have been completed.

Sorry for so many questions, but just want to make sure that we made the right choice. Thanks for your help!
;)

If I remember correctly Martinque would be the 1st stop. We don't use the buses but there is a stop at Martinque. Any of the buildings at Martinque are close to OPR.

I never had a problem with the food court. It is nice and new and the central check out is great. It has all been redone.

All the rooms also have been refurbished. You will like the rooms.

As far as the pool I would rate it third behind the other two. I have stayed at the POR and CSR. The pool at CBR is ok just on the smaller side. Nice pool for the kids though. Plenty of chairs to sit around the pool.

You made a great choice. This is a wonderful resort. I still remember sitting on the beach watching Illuminations from Epcot. I have many magical memories of CBR.

i know this is a crazy question but here it goes, do they have biscuits and gravy at the food court? my hubby refuses t stay anywhere that does not have gravy, LOLwe are trying to decide between CSR AND CBR help convince me to stay at CBR over CSR.
misty

Thanks, Safetymom. I am going to request Martinique. Do you know how many bus stops they have?

I want to say that I saw biscuits and gravy on the new menu boards but I am not certain. Hopefully someone else will know.

Momto8 I am not sure how many bus stops they have at CBR. Someone else should come along and know. We don't ride the bus because we rent a car. Deb Wills probably has a page on her web site about the buses.

By looking at the resort map, it looks like they have 7. That's just too many. We always use Disney transportation, but 7 seems like it would take so long to get anywhere. Not sure if we should switch now. I am going to have to rethink this.
Thanks, Safetymom.

We are doing 4 nights at WDW and then 4 nights on the Disney Wonder. My question is: If we buy alot of stuff in WDW and want to ship it home, is there somewhere in the hotel we can do this?

When we were there in November, we shipped a lot of things home from Disney. You can do this at the parks when you purchase it or at the gift shop in the hotel. I am not sure if you can group lots of purchases together and ship all at once, or not. We only had one purchase (World of Disney) shipped. But that seems the most economical way, because you would pay for the shipping only once.

Maggie

I had forgot about the option to ship from the parks. I just don't want to have to carry alot of stuff on the ship if we don't have too. Thank you for your replies!

Hi, safetymom. Thanks for creating this FAQ!

We're going to CBR in about 2 weeks now, and I have a few questions before we arrive. :)

We'll have our own car and plan to drive to most places, but I thought since CBR is so close to Epcot and MGM it might not be worth driving there. Have you ever taken the buses to MGM/Epcot? How long does it take?

Will there be a coffeemaker in the room, or do I need to request one at check-in?

Is it possible to change our room location at check-in if we end up in Trinidad South? I requested Jamaica, and wouldn't really mind any of the other villages, but TS seems TOO far away. :eek:

Thank you! :teeth: :wave: :)

I will still recommend using your car. Then you can come and go as you please. We park at Epcot even when we go to Magic Kingdom because then we can do 2 parks or even 3 with MGM a walk away. I haven't taken the buses in years because we have a car.

There are coffee pots in the room. I don't think they would assign you Trinidad South unless the resort is near capacity. They are very good about trying to find you a great location when you check in.

Thanks for the reply, safetymom. That's a good tip about parking at Epcot and taking the monorail to the MK. We got lost quite a few times trying to find the MK parking last time. :earseek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter