Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

I am willing to answer FAQ's about the resort. I have been to this resort many, many times. I have also stayed at the other moderates.

I also have a web page with many pictures of CBR. I have more to add from this weekend visit.

So ask away and I will try to help. If I don't know the answer someone else will.

I will be adding some FAQ's here in this first post so check back often.

1. What are the preferred buildings at CBR? What is the cost?

Preferred buildings at CBR in 2004

In Martinique it will be buildings 24, 25, 26. In Trinidad North it will be 31,32,33.

The additional charge will be $15 per night.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wenlitz

Wenlitz <font color=6699FF>The Tag Fairy has been known to

I have seen pictures of this resort and it shows cream colored bedspreads with brown leaves on them??? Have they redone these rooms. We are considering add a second room do you know if they have connecting rooms?
    What is there food court like? Thanks for all the info.

4. vicnmickey

vicnmickey I wish I was Cruising

I do have a question? Do they still have the coconut postcards in the gift shop. I have read about them somewhere else before. They sound really cool and I would love to get one!!!

5. safetymom

I didn't see any coconut gift cards in the gift shop but I could have missed them. I think I would have remembered if I saw something like that.

6. safetymom

Wenlitz, the bedspreads are very colorful. I have pictures of the room on my web page. I took some pics the other day. They do have connecting rooms. The room I just stayed in was one.

The food court can handle a lot of people. There were lines on Sunday but they cleared out very fast at the registers. I think they have a nice selection. The grab and go area has sandwiches, snacks, desserts, beverages, donuts, etc.

When we were there the cheerleaders were there also. Plenty of room for everyone.

CBR is a great resort.

7. Mis4Mouse

Mis4Mouse <font color="red">I like twirling around 'til I'm

I'm so glad you posted! We've been to WDW a few times, but never stayed at CBR. I'm planning ten day totaly, four days with my daughters at CBR to relax before we start touring the parks when the rest of my family arrives on day five when we switch resorts. I would appreciate any specific tips regarding location, especially.

I plan on faxing a room request before we go, but I don't know what I should be asking for! I also wondered which "island" is quieter, which is has nicer landscaping and/or views, and which ones are not too far to the foodcourt and beaches and is it possible to have a location not too far from the main pool, but not far from a quiet pool. In your opinion, is convenience a priority or atmosphere when choosing location at the CBR?

Thanks for your help!
    S

8. safetymom

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the villages at CBR. The two closest would be Martinique and Trinidad North. I think there are great views no matter where you stay. The landscaping is great all over. We have stayed at Trinindad North, Aruba, Martinique. Even if you are on the other side of the lake the walk is not far. Both of the villages I mentioned are close to Old Port Royale the food court and have a quiet pool very close. I really feel like you escape from the world when you stay at CBR. The theming and the atmosphere make for a great stay.

9. travelin' tigger

travelin' tigger DIS Veteran

I just returned from CBR 1 1/2 weeks ago and I do remember seeing coconuts at the area outside the gift shop. Didn't take a close look at them so don't know if they were postcard coconuts, or just plain coconuts.

Hope this helps!!! :p

10. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for starting this thread!!!! I'm so excited that we are going to CBR in 40 + days!!!!

11. safetymom

You will really enjoy this resort. It is my favorite of the moderates. Although I think they are all great.

12. Mis4Mouse

Thanks for the location info...I read somewhere about "corner rooms" has anyone stayed in one, and why are they mentioned in some of the guidebooks I've read? Also, could someone explain about the coconuts posted below??
    Something about postcards????

thanks!
    S

13. JWP

JWP Earning My Ears

I noticed your pictures of the new food court at CBR. Is the beverage island still there? Is it outside of the registers?

14. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

"IF" the poster meant the actual coconuts that people send through the mail, then they are just that....actual coconuts that just have a to and from on them. I only know this because I deliver mail and have delivered a few of them. We always lol at the coconuts and shake em up a little (just checking for freshness:cool: )

15. vicnmickey

vicnmickey I wish I was Cruising

I read somewhere on these boards about coconut postcards that can be purchased at CBR. Don't ask me were I read it from, I have been on the boards for about a year. This is one of the things I did not write down.
    Well anyways, I just thought they sounded kinda of neat and wanted to purchase one. They are coconuts that you can send in the mail. I wanted to send one to myself, so when we get back from our cruise we have something to smile about. I hope they still have them.

16. safetymom

Mis4Mouse, I have a picture of a corner room on my web page. You just have another window. The room is exactly the same just another window.

17. safetymom

JWP, the beverage bar is outside the registers. If you were standing looking out towards the lake you would have the restaurants behind you, then the registers, then the beverage bar, then a counter with the toaster and microwave. The beverage bar is bigger than it was before if you are familiar with that one.

18. Yvonp

Yvonp Earning My Ears

Yes, we were at CBR for 10 days in early Jan and they did have the coconut postcards. Did think they looked pretty neat, but if I recall they were about $15 - a lot of money for a postcard we thought.

19. Mis4Mouse

Thanks for the coconut explanation, sounds very cool!

The pictures were helpful Safetymom, thanks!

S

20. safetymom

Does anyone remember what year they took the birds off of Parrot Cay? Where did they go?

21. MDAL12

MDAL12 Earning My Ears

Did you rent a refrigerator? If so, how much does it hold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.