• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

We will be staying at CBR in November in a preferred room and was wondering if there is any benefit in requesting a particular location within that category. I would like to be as close to the Food Court as possible. And, I guess a bus stop - although they seem to be all around the resort. Not sure, what else would be important.

I have been enjoying all the great information from all the many experts on this thread

Thanks,
Marie

Hey everyone,
I am so excited to go to CBR and Disney for the first time I have never been on a trip before ever. I will have 2 kids (11,14) We will be going 5th January -11th of January 2014. This thread has been so helpful but have a few questions.

Where can you see Epcots firework or can you from the resort?

Anyone hear of when the Magic bands will be used in January?

Is there anything that anyone can recomend we make sure we bring with us to have in the resort or at Disney?

Any tips or anything would be great as I have no clue what to expect, what to do, how the bus sytem works, nothing lol !!!

Hello,

We will be staying at CBR in November in a preferred room and was wondering if there is any benefit in requesting a particular location within that category. I would like to be as close to the Food Court as possible. And, I guess a bus stop - although they seem to be all around the resort. Not sure, what else would be important.

I have been enjoying all the great information from all the many experts on this thread

Thanks,
Marie

We've stayed preferred twice and were in Martinique 24 and then Martinique 26. Bldg. 26 is super close to Old Port Royale so it took us about 2 minutes to walk over. There are bus stops in each village so you're never far from one. When we were in Bldg. 26, we were actually closer to the OPR stop so we used that one instead of the Martinique stop.

Hey everyone,
I am so excited to go to CBR and Disney for the first time I have never been on a trip before ever. I will have 2 kids (11,14) We will be going 5th January -11th of January 2014. This thread has been so helpful but have a few questions.

Is there anything that anyone can recomend we make sure we bring with us to have in the resort or at Disney?

Any tips or anything would be great as I have no clue what to expect, what to do, how the bus sytem works, nothing lol !!!

Boy are you in for a treat! Disney and the CBR! :thumbsup2

We have watched the higher Epcot fireworks from the courtyard at Old Port Royale, from the Martinique beach and from Barbados.

I've not heard any reports of the Magic Bands being used in January yet but I'd suggest that you keep watching the Disboards as I am sure that someone will post if they hear anything.

The number one tip that I give new WDW visitors is to know that there's no way to see and do everything in just one trip. Take it all in and have a lot of fun. Annnnnnd, get ready to plan trip number two 'cause you're going to become addicted to Disney.

The bus system is very easy to use. Simply go to any of the CBR village bus stops and wait for a bus to come along. The buses state very clearly where they are headed. It will be on the front:

35048df.jpg

and on the side:

dis7.jpg

The buses will take you to the parks (and to Downtown Disney and the water parks) and will drop you off very near the entrance to the parks. The bus stops at the parks will be numbered. There will be signage that will list the number to the CBR bus stop. The park bus stops look something like this:

IMG_4099.JPG

The CBR bus stop number will not be the same at each park so you'll have to look at the sign to find out the correct bus stop.

It may sound complicated but it's really not. My 79 year old mother had no problem figuring out the system and using it to meet up with us later in the day.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to post them. Somebody here will know the answers.

Some pictures from our May, 2013 stay:

These are just a few that I took and have uploaded to Photobucket. Will post more when I find them.

Hey everyone,

The bus system is super easy to use and it is FANTASTIC! Really cannot say enough about it on our trip this past week!

Does anyone know if the food court has the Dannon light Greek yogurt? Have a clue t staying CBR next month that needs to know!

I apologize if this information is in here somewhere but I'm too lazy to read every page ;) I called to look into getting a room using the room only discount and was told that all that was available were Pirate rooms. It's 2 adults, but we're ok with that since we get the discount :lmao: I was just wondering about the location of these rooms. Are they scattered throughout the resort or in one building? TIA

I will be arriving at CBR on Sept 11 for 7 nights and then again December 12 for 7 nights!! LOVE Caribbean Beach Resort!!:thumbsup2

I apologize if this information is in here somewhere but I'm too lazy to read every page ;) I called to look into getting a room using the room only discount and was told that all that was available were Pirate rooms. It's 2 adults, but we're ok with that since we get the discount :lmao: I was just wondering about the location of these rooms. Are they scattered throughout the resort or in one building? TIA

The Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South only.

I've learned a lot about the resort here. 3 more days and I check-in!! Super excited!:cool1:

I'll be requesting the Martinque building and ground floor. It's our first family trip to the World so I'm hoping all goes well.

Love all the pictures and helpful tips!

Thank you fellow Disers!:cheer2:

No need to read every page, just the first one.:thumbsup2 From post #3.
Pirate Rooms in Trinidad South All the rooms in Trinidad South have the Pirate theming. These pictures were taken in a handicapped accessible room. The bathroom area will be different in a regular room.

Hey maybe we will run into each other - it is my mom, sister & me!! We are celebrating my sister being 20 years cancer free!! So excited!!

What a great reason to celebrate at Disney! We're bringing our daughter before she turns 3 in December, gotta get there while she's still free! :cool1:
Maybe we'll bump into each other!

Hello Thank you for all your answers!! I am super excited to go. Is there anything else that someone can suggest it a must do at any parks or downtown Disney?

Again anything to make sure to Pack?

What time do buses run to?

Also if you want a snack late at night what time does all the food places close at night?

Any tips on anything lol

Hello Thank you for all your answers!! I am super excited to go. Is there anything else that someone can suggest it a must do at any parks or downtown Disney?

Again anything to make sure to Pack?

What time do buses run to?

Also if you want a snack late at night what time does all the food places close at night?

Any tips on anything lol

Downtown Disney was really fun for us! We went to splitsville to bowl one day which was a nice way to beat the heat. We really wanted to go on the characters in flight balloon but it seemed like every time we were there it was closed due to weather.

Old port royale ( food court) at CBR was open until 11pm I believe.

Hey everyone,

Hi Welcome to the DIS!!! :welcome:

You sure have come to the right place to get information. :)

There is a really good but REALLY long thread called "What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful that have at WDW." This is a great list. At some point near the end of that thread someone actually compiled all of the helpful information into 5 or 6 posts.

Sorry I am not sure how to attach links. :confused3

We are going to be arriving about a week after you for our vacation. Are you going to be doing the Dining Plan?

You should also come over and join "The Official January 2014 Group" and the "The Official 2014 Dates Thread" There is tons of info on these 2 sites and other disers all going to WDW the same time as us.

Wow so much help on here where do I go to join the Jauary 2014 group ?

I feel so overwhelmed with so many suggestions and so much info I am not going to know what to with myself lol

I have so many questions haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter