• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love CBR and we were there for 9 days in August, and we also experienced trouble with check out with Bell Svc. I called the morning before we were to check out to book Bell Svc. to pick us us, we were given a time of 10:30 am, then they didn't show up until after 11:00 am, and I called them several times as I didn't want us to get charged for another days stay. They kept saying that they didn't have anyone to come and get us. But we watched a van show up thought it was for us, and the driver got out, went to another room and loaded them up. They finally showed up and we were never charged, but we were a bit hot. On our next trip, we won't be given that much flexibility as our flight is like 9:00 am.

Can anyone tell me if the toaster in the foodcourt is available during dinner?

purplevalentine said:
Just got back from my trip last Saturday. This was my first time staying at CBR and I wasn't that impressed. Don't get me wrong the grounds are beautiful. I just had problems with checking in and out. Arriving our check in packet was ready an we were assigned Aruba 5502. I was happy with that. After waiting for the internal shuttle my Mom and I arrived at our room. Well the room was horrible. Mold, Mildew and Musty! The carpet was even damp! I just couldn't understand how Mousekeeping could release the room in this condition. There was a light drizzle when we were on the way to the resort but not enough to cause all those problems. There was even black mold on the curtain by the sink area. Called the front desk and they kindly assigned us a new room. We had a choice to move to Aruba 54 or go next door. We moved next door, our luggage hadn't arrived from ME yet. A Bell staff member came out to the room to give us new keys. We were moved to Aruba 5503, opened that door and it still was musty but not as bad as the first room. We weren't there for long as we had ADR's at the Grand Floridian Cafe but my mom did turn ceiling fan off as we left. Arrived back at the room a few hours later. Room still very musty and moldy. :furious: Mold spores starting to grow on one of the wall photos!. This time we decided just to go to the front desk. So now we have to get on the internal shuttle to Custom House. Once there I explained the situation to the CM. She was so sweet and could understand our concern. My mom had a bone marrow transplant last summer, she can't be in that environment, nor should I. Finally they reassigned us a room on the 2nd level in Martinique. We were upgraded to a water view room and close to OPR. 3rd times a charm as this room was ok. Seemed like Mousekeeping was a lot better in this area. But we did have to go all the way back to Aruba to get our luggage and them cart them on the internal shuttle to Martinique. No bell services was offered.

Check out was just as rough as check in. Call bell services to help us with luggage on check out day since luggage is not allowed on the internal shuttle. Our scheduled time was 7:30 and our ME shuttle was 8:25am. Bell services never showed up. We were in a rush since we wanted to get something quick to eat before we left and I had a few snack credits to use up. We walk ourselves over to OPR with our luggage. One of the CM's in the food court assisted us with getting someone to take us over to Custom house to get our ME bus. Now it's too late for us to check our luggage with ME so it has to be stored under the bus. The bellman left our bags on the curb and they almost didn't get on the bus. Lucky the driver asked about them as they could have been left on the curb and we off to the airport.

I've never experienced such problems at a Disney Resort. My problems were handled politely by each CM but still I had problems. Changing rooms 3 times in not acceptable. I don't think I will stay at CBR again. Makes me appreciate CS even more, I told my Mom next time I will pay the few extra $$ to stay there.

Karen :)

Ah, sorry you experienced this. However, I have to say that mousekeeping was definitely lacking during our August visit as well. We were definitely NOT impressed. When I called the front office, the CM was super nice but still, it doesn't negate the fact that I had to call and complain to get what I needed. We will no longer stay at CBR but it is a beautiful resort and I wish I could've come back to the Dis and rave about it but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

I have a question about parking at the resort. My parents may be staying off site would they be able to park at the resort and go to the park with us for the day?

Ah, sorry you experienced this. However, I have to say that mousekeeping was definitely lacking during our August visit as well. We were definitely NOT impressed. When I called the front office, the CM was super nice but still, it doesn't negate the fact that I had to call and complain to get what I needed. We will no longer stay at CBR but it is a beautiful resort and I wish I could've come back to the Dis and rave about it but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

All Disney resorts can have a bad housekeeper or two. If that is the only issue you had with the resort, it would be a shame to cross it of your list of places to stay. Most housekeepers do a great job, but there are always a few not so great ones out there. You won't get away from them just by staying away from CBR.

maxiesmom said:
All Disney resorts can have a bad housekeeper or two. If that is the only issue you had with the resort, it would be a shame to cross it of your list of places to stay. Most housekeepers do a great job, but there are always a few not so great ones out there. You won't get away from them just by staying away from CBR.

It wasn't the only negative we experienced during our weeklong visit. CBR does have many positives, however, and I can see why others love it. :)

I need advice from all you who are Disney Veterans. We are going to be staying at the CBR for our first time. We have ADR at the Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom for 8:00am. My question for you will we be able to get the bus early enough to get us over to the Animal Kingdom our ADR? Any Advice you can give me would be great. This is the one ADR I have concerns with! Thanks in advance!

my rule of thumb no matter which resort we're staying at is be at the bus stop 1 hour before ADR time. So even if you *just* miss a bus and another doesn't come for 20 minutes, you should still be fine. So be at the bus stop at 7:00

TJDisneymama said:
You'll get a parking pass when u check in which u can give to them. We did that and didn't have a problem

Will they give me a parking pass if we don't have a car and how will they get in without it

dannydisneyfreak:

sometimes we leave for florida a day or 2 early, and stay in kissimme a night or 2. one time the car next to ours at the travel leodge had a CBR parking pass on the dashboard. I saw the older couple who belonged to the car:) and asked if they were staying there?

she siad their kids and grandkids were, and they would drive over to meet them at CBR. the kids gave them their pass.

It's been tough picking which mod to pick and it was down to CB and CS and I had thought CS just because I had read that it was better for old kids and it had queen beds. However there seems to be a big convention there the last week of Aug. so no rooms and even if some open up I worry this would be a loud covention as it's a car one. Anyhow I now think CB would be great as I love the look and not having queen beds isn't ahuge deal. So I want to know before I book which area is the best to stay in? We would want to be close to the main pool but also to a good bus stop so one that isn't the last pick up. Suggestion from those who have would be great.

Hi CBR lovers! We have just returned from the U.S and spent Sep 1 -24 at CBR. I picked this resort out as my favourite from the vacation planning DVD long before I knew what any of them cost and was thrilled to find it was doable.
WE LOVED IT!! Absolutely stunning grounds and set-up, and loved the building layout and colours. We were in non-preferred Martinique 21 and found the location fine, easy walk to OPR. Good view of Epcot fireworks. The foodcourt options do get a bit old after a while but we mixed it up with character meals and lots of eating at DTD in the evenings.
With over 3 weeks we had time to explore non-disney parks as well, and it was really nice coming "home" after spending a day off-site, our disney magic continued long after our park tickets had expired.
Found the buses great, had lots of times when we arrived at the same time as the bus, and probably just a couple of 15-20 min waits. Very happy to see that the DTD buses started quite early, as we needed to transfer to the Lynx buses.
The main pool and kids activities were great, and we had 2 "quiet" pools very close.
Our room was perfectly clean and well-maintained during our stay, 1 towel animal on the 2nd day.
We spent a few days visiting other resorts (mostly deluxe) and was surprised to find that visually CBR was still our favourite. Port Orleans (all sections) came very close and we loved walking around there and taking the boat to DTD. We are definately "moderate" people! The fact that CBR has the beaches would still put it ahead.
We had some issues at check-in due to our length of stay and the way it was booked through our travel agent (and something about reservations only lasting 14 days) but this was sorted by the manager as quickly as they were able. We ended up having 3 different sets of KTTW cards during our stay but this wasn't a problem. Our ME departure date was incorrect due to the reservation problem, but due to needing to be at the airport by 5AM we decide to cancel ME completely and take a taxi. After reading the recent comments about bell services I'm glad we did! We had our luggage with us upon arrival and weren't that impressed with them then.
Apart from Bell/luggage services, all staff were great. On our second last day my husband decided that he wished he had a bought a Blizzard Beach towel while we were there, and we couldn't find it at DTD. He went to the gift shop at CBR and asked if there was any way we could get it - not expecting to be able to. The assistant conferred with the manager who said she would drive over to BB and get it. We were amazed and 30 minutes later it was in our possession. Fantastic service and she wouldn't take anything for doing it.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us and it is unlikely we will ever be able to return, but we will remember our visit to CBR forever.

Hi CBR lovers! We have just returned from the U.S and spent Sep 1 -24 at CBR. I picked this resort out as my favourite from the vacation planning DVD long before I knew what any of them cost and was thrilled to find it was doable.
WE LOVED IT!! Absolutely stunning grounds and set-up, and loved the building layout and colours. We were in non-preferred Martinique 21 and found the location fine, easy walk to OPR. Good view of Epcot fireworks. The foodcourt options do get a bit old after a while but we mixed it up with character meals and lots of eating at DTD in the evenings.
With over 3 weeks we had time to explore non-disney parks as well, and it was really nice coming "home" after spending a day off-site, our disney magic continued long after our park tickets had expired.
Found the buses great, had lots of times when we arrived at the same time as the bus, and probably just a couple of 15-20 min waits. Very happy to see that the DTD buses started quite early, as we needed to transfer to the Lynx buses.
The main pool and kids activities were great, and we had 2 "quiet" pools very close.
Our room was perfectly clean and well-maintained during our stay, 1 towel animal on the 2nd day.
We spent a few days visiting other resorts (mostly deluxe) and was surprised to find that visually CBR was still our favourite. Port Orleans (all sections) came very close and we loved walking around there and taking the boat to DTD. We are definately "moderate" people! The fact that CBR has the beaches would still put it ahead.
We had some issues at check-in due to our length of stay and the way it was booked through our travel agent (and something about reservations only lasting 14 days) but this was sorted by the manager as quickly as they were able. We ended up having 3 different sets of KTTW cards during our stay but this wasn't a problem. Our ME departure date was incorrect due to the reservation problem, but due to needing to be at the airport by 5AM we decide to cancel ME completely and take a taxi. After reading the recent comments about bell services I'm glad we did! We had our luggage with us upon arrival and weren't that impressed with them then.
Apart from Bell/luggage services, all staff were great. On our second last day my husband decided that he wished he had a bought a Blizzard Beach towel while we were there, and we couldn't find it at DTD. He went to the gift shop at CBR and asked if there was any way we could get it - not expecting to be able to. The assistant conferred with the manager who said she would drive over to BB and get it. We were amazed and 30 minutes later it was in our possession. Fantastic service and she wouldn't take anything for doing it.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us and it is unlikely we will ever be able to return, but we will remember our visit to CBR forever.
I'm glad you had such a great time in WDW. That was great of CBR to get your husband that towel. A little magic on your trip. I do hope you get to go back someday. But at least this trip was memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter