Captain EO is back? Really?!

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/epfw-honey.htm#captaineo

I love Disney, and I really don't complain much, but I'm frustrated by news like this. I love the music of Michael Jackson, but this movie is ridiculous and doesn't need to come back. To me, there is absolutely nothing worthwhile in it...

It just makes me crazy to see we are getting old, outdated stuff like this when so many awesome attractions are coming to Disney parks in Asia. I read all about them on blogs, and it drives me crazy that we aren't getting anything cool and new here anytime soon. Yes, Avatar is coming, but that project has been taking quite some time and won't be opening quickly. Check out how fast Universal builds and opens their attractions. How is Disney incapable of matching that?

Even showing movie trailers would be an improvement in my eyes.

I just needed to vent. It just makes me angry that I have to save a TON of money to go to WDW (it's not easy), and instead of seeing something cool and new, this is what we'll see. :mad: Don't get me wrong - I'm still excited to go to my "happy place," but it would make me a whole lot happier if new, state-of-the-art attractions were coming in at a more rapid pace.

I love it and am glad it's back. Great flashback to the 80's. And I was a huge MJ fan.

I'm guessing "temporarily" means they will drop in the limited-run movie trailers like "Tomorrowland" and "Inside Out" whenever they have something current. (eg sometime this fall there will probably be a "Good Dinosaur" preview, "Zootopia" next spring, etc.)

I've never seen Captain EO; I guess I should check it out next trip if it's there, just to say I did.

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :love::worship::cloud9::rainbow::jumping1:

Can we all please do a group Pixie Dust / Good Thought that it remains there till at least Sept 3rd so my MJ obsessed 10 year old can see it for (possibly) one last time!!?? She would be so happy!!

I love EO too, though I do agree it is about time to retire it. But, hey, at least it's an original attraction which is much better than a preview commercial for whatever recent Disney movie I've already seen.

It's certainly not the oldest or most tired attraction in the parks. I do wish they could restore more of the original 4D theater effects, though, speaking as a GenXer who never got to see the original as a kid.

I absolutely LOVED it when EO first came out. We sat through it a couple of years ago and I left the theater asking myself what it was that I ever saw in it. I think that it's an attraction whose time has come and gone. I would have rather that they left HISTA in that location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter