• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Magic ~ June 10, 2012

Hi, I'm Karen and I'll be joining you all and doing the b2b with my cruisin' buddies Gail and Gayle. SheaBear thanks for the NYC DISlink. Just the info I've started looking for for this trip. I too live in NJ and am happy not to be flying for this trip.:goodvibes This will be my 9th and 10th DCL cruise. Just got back from Alaska where I re-booked this cruise for the savings. :cool1: Gail is on #6 and Gayle is #11.

Karen, Where in South Jersey are you from? I am in the Ocean City area.

Welcome aboard Karen. We just got off the Dream and home early yesterday, so I missed the newest addition to our group. If you haven't stopped by the facebook page, come on over.

This will be our first cruise on the Magic and being from Delaware, we too are excited about not having to fly.

How was the Dream? I haven't cruised on it yet. I've been on the Magic and Wonder and loved them both! :thumbsup2 For those of you who haven't cruised the Magic, it's fabulous. We cruised on it 7 years ago and we had a "Magical" trip. I didn't realize how long ago that was! I can't wait to sail on DCL again.

Welcome to all the new cruisers who just joined this thread. We also will drive to the port as we are from CT. We sailed out of NY three times and it was so nice to avoid the airport mess!

How was the Dream?

We just love the DREAM! It was beautiful! We had nothing negative to report. I posted a short 'positive review' of the Dream. I just got so tired of hearing all the negative stuff people were saying.

The ship was amazing! We had a rear balcony on deck 7 and LOVED the location and room and the views! The food was delicious, not a single thing that I tried did I not like!

If you have any specific questions, ask away. Lisa who is on this group was also on the Dream.

Now, I'm counting down to our Magical cruise to Canada in June!

We just love the DREAM! It was beautiful! We had nothing negative to report. I posted a short 'positive review' of the Dream. I just got so tired of hearing all the negative stuff people were saying.

The ship was amazing! We had a rear balcony on deck 7 and LOVED the location and room and the views! The food was delicious, not a single thing that I tried did I not like!

If you have any specific questions, ask away. Lisa who is on this group was also on the Dream.

I'm so glad you loved the Dream. I'd love to try it out.

I'm so glad you loved the Dream. I'd love to try it out.

Thanks for the welcome!:yay:
SheaBear, I'm from the other side of the state a couple miles east of Philly.
Just checked out the NYC parking website. Glad I did it now so I can adjust to $30 a day parking. Not surprising for a big city but I'm use to airport parking rates. The NYC info thread is a big help. Thanks again for the posting.:goodvibes

Ok aye, now that our "Dream Weaver" cruise is over it's time to concentrate on the "Canuk" cruise. In case you don't know what a "Canuk" is, it's just another name for a Canadian. By the way, were are we sailing to? :confused3 St. Johns and Halifax? I want to research our destination to get some history. It was nice to really meet Lisa and Pete on our cruise. I look forward to seeing them again along with every body on this cruise. Aye.

Ok aye, now that our "Dream Weaver" cruise is over it's time to concentrate on the "Canuk" cruise. In case you don't know what a "Canuk" is, it's just another name for a Canadian. By the way, were are we sailing to? :confused3 St. Johns and Halifax? I want to research our destination to get some history. It was nice to really meet Lisa and Pete on our cruise. I look forward to seeing them again along with every body on this cruise. Aye.

Aye, we are cruising to St. John and Halifax. Have fun with your research!

I know this is off topic, but I'm so excited! I just booked OKW for 6 days in March for a girls only trip with DD! :cool1: I had DVC points that were going to expire at the end of March. We decided to vacation at WDW. We haven't been there in 5 years and we miss it! :love:

:cool1::cool1: That's awesome Judy!!!! I'm not sure we could go that long between visits.

I know this is off topic, but I'm so excited! I just booked OKW for 6 days in March for a girls only trip with DD! :cool1: I had DVC points that were going to expire at the end of March. We decided to vacation at WDW. We haven't been there in 5 years and we miss it! :love:

:cool1::cool1: That's awesome Judy!!!! I'm not sure we could go that long between visits.

I know what you mean! This is the longest we've waited between trips to WDW. I guess we've been busy with other things like kids in college, our son's wedding in NM and giving my son and daughter-in-law our DVC points for a honeymoon to Argentina! Oh, and we celebrated our 30th anniversary in Hawaii last year! :goodvibes Now I have 2 trips to look forward to, as well as my DIL's graduation from law school in IL in between! :woohoo:

I know what you mean! This is the longest we've waited between trips to WDW. I guess we've been busy with other things like kids in college, our son's wedding in NM and giving my son and daughter-in-law our DVC points for a honeymoon to Argentina! Oh, and we celebrated our 30th anniversary in Hawaii last year! :goodvibes Now I have 2 trips to look forward to, as well as my DIL's graduation from law school in IL in between! :woohoo:

Well you certainly have a lot going on! How generous of you to 'give' your son and dil points for their honeymoon. That is a fabulous idea.

Well you certainly have a lot going on! How generous of you to 'give' your son and dil points for their honeymoon. That is a fabulous idea.

I thought that would be something special for them from us. They had a fabulous trip. I will also do that for my daughter when she gets married.

We have been really busy, but it's so much fun. I love to travel! We use our DVC points to transfer all the time. Hawaii was through DVC. Unfortunately, the new resort wasn't completed yet, but we went to see it under construction.

Thanks for the welcome!:yay:
SheaBear, I'm from the other side of the state a couple miles east of Philly.
Just checked out the NYC parking website. Glad I did it now so I can adjust to $30 a day parking. Not surprising for a big city but I'm use to airport parking rates. The NYC info thread is a big help. Thanks again for the posting.:goodvibes

Just a thought...you might seriously consider parking in NJ and taking a car into the port - what you save in parking would pay for the car, and then you don't have to worry about the safety of the car. I am pretty sure there are long term lots in Fort Lee, NJ and the ride to the port from there shouldn't be too high...

just a thought.

I am having a friend drop me off, since I live about 5 miles from the George Washington Bridge - oh BTW the toll to the GWB is now 12.00 :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

be sure to factor that in to your costs....

any new FE folks???

if so PM me with:

Dis Name
Real Name
cabin
who is sailing with you
any restrictions such as allergies etc

please put the cruise name in the subject line, I am managing 3 FE lists at the same time and it gets a little wild trying to figure out where folks belong.

I will post a new link to the google doc on Thursday

any new FE folks???

Not sure if you saw on the f/b post but Lisa and Pete have canceled on this cruise, they are doing the Hawaii cruise in October! Can you please remove them from the FE list.

Thank you.

Hey Patty thanks! I was just coming to post that! I am sorry we "jumped ship" guys, but we are so excited about Hawaii!! :cool1:

Hey Patty thanks! I was just coming to post that! I am sorry we "jumped ship" guys, but we are so excited about Hawaii!! :cool1:

Happy sailing...you will be missed, but will love the longer cruise I am sure!

Just a thought...you might seriously consider parking in NJ and taking a car into the port - what you save in parking would pay for the car, and then you don't have to worry about the safety of the car. I am pretty sure there are long term lots in Fort Lee, NJ and the ride to the port from there shouldn't be too high...

just a thought.

I am having a friend drop me off, since I live about 5 miles from the George Washington Bridge - oh BTW the toll to the GWB is now 12.00 :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

be sure to factor that in to your costs....

Thanks, sounds like good advice. I will look into it.:love:

As an FYI, Le Parker Meridien has rooms starting at 279 for both before and after the cruise. If you're deciding to go big with your pampering, it's a great hotel with a lovely midtown location.

(If you want to go super high end, the Jumeriah Essex House has rooms starting at 329, which is amazingly cheap for them, and the London has rooms starting at 329 as well. Both of these hotels are part of American Express' Platinum program, if you're a cardholder)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter