Canadian Magic ~ June 10, 2012

Here is the most current FE list:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...JlZlhDcjdFRHc&authkey=CP_49fwB&hl=en_US#gid=0

I have added two columns - that show how many days out we are "locking" the FE list, and the number of cabins or groups people are "voting" for.

Please read TravelinCyn's restriction list - she would like to participate so we should all try to ensure they can enjoy the fun!!! PM her directly if you have further questions about specific FE gift ideas (sorry Cyn - just figured this would be the best way to ensure Sean's safety) Just as an awareness thing...Latex allergies also mean - no strawberries, no kiwi, and no coconut.

For those who are lurking or haven't decided if they are going to join in the fun...this is a great way to meet folks and to enjoy little gifts from other cruisers.

If you would like to join in...PM me the following information:

Dis Name
real world name
cabin #
who is sailing with you
children's ages (if applicable)
and any special requirements such as allergies or restrictions

also vote on:
how many days before we sail are we "locking" the list to finalize the count
30 or 60?

should we keep it as ONE single group or split it?
if split - how many cabins in each group

I have been collecting email addresses - but since I put it on Google docs...I really do not need one- unless you want me to email you the excel file (I use Excel 2007 so it is a *.docx if you need it as *.doc then please let me know)

Cayla

Padalyn, you are on top of things despite your summer craziness!
Fortunately, I don't food cross react- I'm prolonged contact, not ingestion reaction, to latex (it made science grad school soooo much fun. Expensive lab gloves for me!)

I would be a sad, sad girl with no strawberries or coconut.

Fortunately, I don't food cross react- I'm prolonged contact, not ingestion reaction, to latex (it made science grad school soooo much fun. Expensive lab gloves for me!)

Cyn, that's good to know. :goodvibes

Hi! I am DM of Sheabear. I just signed up and requesting membership to Facebook page. So looking forward to getting to know some before launch on June 10th :banana:

The Aquaduck is really neat...but most of the water parks have a some slide that is close....I would say do the NYC cruises...the new ships are not going anywhere and there are always double dips. Fla and CC are HOT during June.

NYC is hot also, but not 100!!! I live near NYC, and I find that the whole area empties out in June because a lot of folks go away...leaving the city easier to explore.

just my 2 cents...
agent to call back to boo

Well we took this opinion and decided to book this cruise with all of ya'll! Just waiting for the travel agent to call back and book! I didn't like the reviews on the Cat 10 cabin she assigned us.

Planning for this will give us a nice reprieve from waitjng for DH to come home. He has been gone ten months and we have 8 more to go. Yuck.
I sent a request for the FB group and PM'd our FE info.

Psyched! Especially since June 10th is my 45th birthday!

Well we took this opinion and decided to book this cruise with all of ya'll! Just waiting for the travel agent to call back and book! I didn't like the reviews on the Cat 10 cabin she assigned us.

Welcome aboard Kim!!! Great to have your family joining the cruise. Is your hubby serving overseas? How exciting that you'll have your birthday on the cruise!!! Should be a great time.

Yes he is in Afghanistan. He did 6 months learning Dari in DC and then has his 12 month deployment. Thus a long 18 months away.

Yes he is in Afghanistan. He did 6 months learning Dari in DC and then has his 12 month deployment. Thus a long 18 months away.

Wow, that is a long time for you and the kids. Hope his time away is uneventful (as hard as that is at times over there). Prayers for his safe return. What a wonderful trip to be planning.

Whew....I out that in so folks would look at the list - I would really hate to think you or family had ANY kind of reaction....sick onboard = no fun :(

agent to call back to boo

Planning for this will give us a nice reprieve from waitjng for DH to come home. He has been gone ten months and we have 8 more to go. Yuck.
I sent a request for the FB group and PM'd our FE info.

Psyched! Especially since June 10th is my 45th birthday!

Kim - I have added you to the list! You should see the update next month!

Cayla

So how many of you are doing B2B with the 2 Nights to nowhere?

My mom an I are and I noticed Cayla and her crew are also. Just wondering who else was trying to extend their vaca.

So how many of you are doing B2B with the 2 Nights to nowhere?

My mom an I are and I noticed Cayla and her crew are also. Just wondering who else was trying to extend their vaca.

oh my...."my crew"

oh they would laugh and laugh...I am the new kid in the group! Most of them have been sailing since the first ship was launched. I am a newbie - only been sailing since 2001. That being said - I haven't done a comparison of the FE lists to find out - I can say I know of 3 people for sure! Michael, Cathy and I...I think that there are a few others....

anyone care to join in on who is B2B???

I have been a quite a few B2B cruises (and one B2B2B)...they are a lot of fun.

Just an updated post -

If you wish to participate in the FE exchange - then please send me a PM with the following information:

in the subject line please put the name of the cruise (I am managing 3 lists for 3 different NYC cruises, so I have to know which one you will be particapting with)

Your Dis Name:
Your real world name:
Who is sailing with you: please include the ages of children
any special instructions: allergies, limitations etc

If you would like me to email you the list in Excel format - include your email address. I will post updates monthly until the final payment date, then I will try to update the google doc page with every addition.

Please also tell me your thoughts on when to close the list - the choices are 30 days or 60 days. If the group gets too large (we need to define that as well at some point) do you want it broken into sections? If so, how many cabins in each group?

I will be starting school again just after Labor Day, and may not be able to update the list as often as I would like - if I do NOT answer your PM within a week - please resend it...I may loose it in the sauce of my online course emails. I do have sorts set up in Outlook - but one does miss things occosionly.

Thanks for you help and I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cayla

I actually looked at the 2 nighter to nowhere for our points, but realized it was way to many for just that. (i'll bank them for a big villa the next year).

So will we have coverage up in Canada with our local providers?

Good question. That would be really nice, but I doubt it would be included in a national plan. You'd probably have to contact your wireless provider to find out what to do. If you find out, let us know.

Hi, I'm Karen and I'll be joining you all and doing the b2b with my cruisin' buddies Gail and Gayle. SheaBear thanks for the NYC DISlink. Just the info I've started looking for for this trip. I too live in NJ and am happy not to be flying for this trip.:goodvibes This will be my 9th and 10th DCL cruise. Just got back from Alaska where I re-booked this cruise for the savings. :cool1: Gail is on #6 and Gayle is #11.

I have to think about doing the FE. I have always resisted doing it because of flying and luggage space. Now I don't have that excuse:yay::yay:

I've never joined fb so what happens there that doesn't happen here?

Hope to meet you all and will continue getting to know you on this thread.
Karen

I'm At&T also and didn't have coverage in Vancouver. Everything cost $.50 a call or message this August.

Welcome aboard Karen. We just got off the Dream and home early yesterday, so I missed the newest addition to our group. If you haven't stopped by the facebook page, come on over.

The FE gift exchange is a lot of fun, but we had people in our 'group' who didn't participate in that, and it was no different. We all belong here and the facebook group, with or without FE.

This will be our first cruise on the Magic and being from Delaware, we too are excited about not having to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter