Canadian Magic ~ June 10, 2012

I have gotten your PM, I will add you to the offline list and when I update the online version you will see it listed on the google doc link...

Welcome aboard - you are going to LOVE this cruise!!!

Thanks so much! We are super excited!

Good morning folks - I hope that everyone has a safe holiday weekend, please be careful - way too many folks indulge in adult beverages then think they can drive....I wouldn't want to loose any new friends before we actually get to meet!!!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...JlZlhDcjdFRHc&authkey=CP_49fwB&hl=en_US#gid=0
On a happier note...here is this weeks updated FE list link:

If you wish to join the FE exchange please PM me with the following information:

your Dis name
your real world name
your cabin number
anyone who is traveling with you
ages of any children
any special needs or information (such as allergies or gift restrictions)

In the subject line of the PM please cut and paste this:
FE list addition: NY to Nassau 8 day cruise

at one point I was collecting email addresses, but the online version of the document seems to be working very well. If you would like me to email it to you please include your email address. I will NOT post or share it, I keep an offline version of the document and will not put email addresses on the Google Doc version.

I have received these votes for the cutoff date for the list:
30 days: 2 votes
60 days: 2 votes -- one of these could be 30...cabin is split on decision!

group size (if applicable):
30 cabins: 1 vote
one group no specific size: 3 votes

Feel free to weigh in on either issue!

Total number of cabins to date: 13

I plan on updating the list on August 1st...As we get closer I am sure more folks will join the FE exchange...then I will post more often.

Cayla

Hi, Booked ast week while on the Alaska cruise. Dh, myself, son, daughter-in-law, dgs and dgd. We are so excited!!

Hi, Booked ast week while on the Alaska cruise. Dh, myself, son, daughter-in-law, dgs and dgd. We are so excited!!

Patsy,

Welcome aboard. If you are on facebook, we have a private group over there, the link is in the first post. Where abouts in De are you, we live in Claymont.

Good morning folks - I hope that everyone has a safe holiday weekend, please be careful - way too many folks indulge in adult beverages then think they can drive....I wouldn't want to loose any new friends before we actually get to meet!!!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...JlZlhDcjdFRHc&authkey=CP_49fwB&hl=en_US#gid=0
On a happier note...here is this weeks updated FE list link:

If you wish to join the FE exchange please PM me with the following information:

your Dis name
your real world name
your cabin number
anyone who is traveling with you
ages of any children
any special needs or information (such as allergies or gift restrictions)

In the subject line of the PM please cut and paste this:
FE list addition: NY to Nassau 8 day cruise

at one point I was collecting email addresses, but the online version of the document seems to be working very well. If you would like me to email it to you please include your email address. I will NOT post or share it, I keep an offline version of the document and will not put email addresses on the Google Doc version.

I have received these votes for the cutoff date for the list:
30 days: 2 votes
60 days: 2 votes -- one of these could be 30...cabin is split on decision!

group size (if applicable):
30 cabins: 1 vote
one group no specific size: 3 votes

Feel free to weigh in on either issue!

Total number of cabins to date: 13

I plan on updating the list on August 1st...As we get closer I am sure more folks will join the FE exchange...then I will post more often.

Cayla

Hi Cayla,

I was just looking at this post and realized you have the wrong group listed for your FE list. We are the 5 day NY to Canada, not the 8 day NY to Nassau! :rotfl2: You are taking too many cruises, you lucky girl! :thumbsup2 I'm jealous! :worship:

Judy

Hi Cayla,

I was just looking at this post and realized you have the wrong group listed for your FE list. We are the 5 day NY to Canada, not the 8 day NY to Nassau! :rotfl2: You are taking too many cruises, you lucky girl! :thumbsup2 I'm jealous! :worship:

Judy

:lmao::lmao: oh good grief...I KNEW I was going to mess this stuff up somehow! I am doing the FE lists for three cruises...I am bound to post the wrong one sooner or later. I will fix it this weekend...

I somehow missed a few of the newer folks on our cruise. Please check the first post when you get a chance and make sure I'm up to date with your info.

DD totalled her car yesterday.:mad: She and I are fine. [Except for jabs from DH.]
Good thing cruise is a year away. Hopefully we can absorb the extra cost by then.

DD totalled her car yesterday.:mad: She and I are fine. [Except for jabs from DH.]
Good thing cruise is a year away. Hopefully we can absorb the extra cost by then.

OH NO Jennifer!!! How scary. Glad to hear everyone is ok. Sorry to hear the car is totaled though. Not good no matter what time of year.

I sent a request to join the FB group. We are:

Me (Suz-celebrating my 50th BD on June 13th)
DH (Jeff)
DD #1 (Katie will be 16 at cruise time)
DD #2 (Bobbie-celebrating her 6th BD on June 10th)

This will be our 8th Disney cruise and we will be doing a back to back with this cruise and the June 2nd 8 night. Have always wanted to do that! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

I sent a request to join the FB group. We are:

Me (Suz-celebrating my 50th BD on June 13th)
DH (Jeff)
DD #1 (Katie will be 16 at cruise time)
DD #2 (Bobbie-celebrating her 6th BD on June 10th)

This will be our 7th Disney cruise and we will be doing a back to back with this cruise and the June 2nd 8 night. Have always wanted to do that! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Welcome aboard Suz, I added you to the f/b page

We are cruising too! This is our first Disney Cruise and we are SO excited! It will be a surprise for my girls...they will think we are just taking a trip to NYC.

I sent a request yesterday for the Facebook group too...I'd love to join!

We are cruising too! This is our first Disney Cruise and we are SO excited! It will be a surprise for my girls...they will think we are just taking a trip to NYC.

Welcome! Nice to know there will be other DCL first timers aboard!

Welcome aboard Jen. I added you to the f/b group.

Just booked today!

Me (26 at time of cruise) and DM(om) will be joining you all on this cruise. Doing B2B with the 2Night. We may be joined by my friend Katelyn who is actually a WDW Cast Member (this is still up in the air)

I sent a request to join the facebook group.

Also, since I've read through the thread I noticed many of you extending your time in NYC for this trip. I live 2 hours from the city and spend a decent amount of time there. Feel free to ask questions, I'd be happy to help as much as possible.

In regard to the FE questions...
1. 60 days
2. No.. one large group is fine.
3. Only if it gets to large and it is feared that some will not participate.

SO EXCITED TO BE JOINING YOU ALL!!!

Just booked today!

Me (26 at time of cruise) and DM(om) will be joining you all on this cruise. Doing B2B with the 2Night. We may be joined by my friend Katelyn who is actually a WDW Cast Member (this is still up in the air)

I sent a request to join the facebook group.

Also, since I've read through the thread I noticed many of you extending your time in NYC for this trip. I live 2 hours from the city and spend a decent amount of time there. Feel free to ask questions, I'd be happy to help as much as possible.

In regard to the FE questions...
1. 60 days
2. No.. one large group is fine.
3. Only if it gets to large and it is feared that some will not participate.

SO EXCITED TO BE JOINING YOU ALL!!!

Welcome aboard Shea. I added you to the f/b group!

Hi All I need your help.
DH has been deployed since last October and doesn't come home until early May 2012. Lookign to do a Disney cruise. My birthday is 10 June so of course this cruise is right up there on our list. But there is also that 5 day double dip cruise leaving on the same day.

Kids (DS 13 at cruise time and DD 10) are leanign towards the Double Dip only because they want to do the aqua duck and be on the "new" ship. We loce Castaway Cay.

But we love exploring new places and none of us have been to Eastern canada. Plus DH and I have wanted to show the kids NYC for a while.

Also I don't like being hot, but am worried we won't get any beachy pool time on the NYC cruise.

Thoughts, comments, things to ponder?

Thanks for the help

Hi All I need your help.
DH has been deployed since last October and doesn't come home until early May 2012. Lookign to do a Disney cruise. My birthday is 10 June so of course this cruise is right up there on our list. But there is also that 5 day double dip cruise leaving on the same day.

Kids (DS 13 at cruise time and DD 10) are leanign towards the Double Dip only because they want to do the aqua duck and be on the "new" ship. We loce Castaway Cay.

But we love exploring new places and none of us have been to Eastern canada. Plus DH and I have wanted to show the kids NYC for a while.

Also I don't like being hot, but am worried we won't get any beachy pool time on the NYC cruise.

Thoughts, comments, things to ponder?

Thanks for the help

The Aquaduck is really neat...but most of the water parks have a some slide that is close....I would say do the NYC cruises...the new ships are not going anywhere and there are always double dips. Fla and CC are HOT during June.

NYC is hot also, but not 100!!! I live near NYC, and I find that the whole area empties out in June because a lot of folks go away...leaving the city easier to explore.

just my 2 cents...

Whew....I am very sorry I have been absent from the boards for the last 8 weeks or so....my classes for the summer are finally over :-)worship::worship:)
If I ever say I am doing summer classes again - please toss me overboard!! 3 papers due every weekend...2 with 48 hours notice of the topic/content. UGH :(

ok that having been said....I have been receiving PM's for new additions to the lists. I have updated them and will be uploading them before the night is over. I plan on making another post with the links.

I would like to say WELCOME to everyone who is joining us!!!

in regards to passports - please be careful, the rules are changing rapidly. You may not need a passport to leave the country but most likely will need some type of proof of residency to return!! For land/rail/sea border crossings the passport card will suffice. And yes, leaving and returning to the same port is easier, but still may require ID more than a drivers' license. I am pretty sure that by 2012 one will need a passport to fly domestically.

I have some feelers out about the dining rotation and fireworks, but no good answers yet. I may have more infomation after I am on the Dream in November.

Once September starts, I will once again be busy until Dec 20...then full steam ahead with cruise planning!!!! Keep those PM's coming - the more the merrier!!

Cayla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter