Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

So, apparently, when you tell the boards to take you to 'first unread' in a thread, it's a little more of a gamble than anything else.

Still, I was only about 15 pages back this time!

...I think.

I'm pretty sure.

Anyway!

I reeeaaally feel you on all that downpour during MNSSHP. We had a similar experience a couple of years ago. There was a flood advisory in the county.

I hesitated quite a bit
before posting those.
There are a crapton
of better fireworks pictures
out there.

But... well...
Proof that I was there,
I suppose.

Those are pretty good pictures in my humble opinion :P

But I know what you mean. I get the same feeling whenever I start posting pictures of... a lot of things really.

Like, "Do these people really want to see a 1000th picture of the Rapunzel float from Festival of Fantasy?"

But then it's like, if I don't report every second of my day, am I an honest trip reporter?

The struggle is there.

Also, yikes on your Christmas week. I'm glad you're getting there in terms of recovery though. That's rough.

Stupid alarm.
Six a.m.
Who gets up at six o'clock in the morning...
on vacation???

The things Disney will make people do. It's horrible really. They should pay us to go I think.

When I turned, I took a photo of the line
that had quickly formed after just a few seconds.

DSC04084b_zpsdag40ckz.jpg

Holy moly that's a long line. To be fair, it probably loses itself in the queue pretty quickly, but still. I hear you. I'd wanna be first too.

I'd never heard before, nor expected to ever hear,
a lion roaring.
But the male in the picture above was doing just that.

Aaahh awesome picture! And great experience, too!

Big lazy cats. It's nice to see them do, you know, anything :P

And the reason I had thought I'd never see it?
The poke in the back (I was afraid of hurting my back)
was very mild and not painful at all.

I have no back issue but I'm a wuss so I always sit on the edge of the bench to not get startled XD

Slater's 50/50. There's one in Huntington Beach. @Captain_Oblivious called it to my attention. And it's not 50% beef and 50% pork, the pork is bacon!!!

We have been there! We had a burger challenge one trip and we're on a quest to decide which burger is best. We tried In n Out , Five Guys, , Fat Burger, and one more I can't remember. I was pretty sick of burgers after that week, In N Out won for us. 50/50 was yummy, but too rich for me.

I didn't have time to go back and multi-quote, but this is for your beignets and Slater's 50/50 research:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-dry-heat-expedition-nevada-utah-arizona-disneyland-update-6-12-ksc-and-dtd.3313773/page-43#post-53244146

It all looked..... so familiar.
And... That was the first TR of yours
that I'd read.

But... I see there's a 50/50 20 minutes from
our Hotel in Anaheim....

Kay will be the ultimate decision maker
on this one though....
So we'll see.

So, apparently, when you tell the boards to take you to 'first unread' in a thread, it's a little more of a gamble than anything else.

Still, I was only about 15 pages back this time!

I looked.
The last time you posted was December 8th.
So 15 pages sounds about right! :)

...I think.

I'm pretty sure.

Anyway!

That's what I love about you!
Your decisiveness!

I reeeaaally feel you on all that downpour during MNSSHP. We had a similar experience a couple of years ago. There was a flood advisory in the county.

Interesting.
There was a flood advisory
in that courtyard that day.

Those are pretty good pictures in my humble opinion :P

Why thank you! :)

But I know what you mean. I get the same feeling whenever I start posting pictures of... a lot of things really.

Like, "Do these people really want to see a 1000th picture of the Rapunzel float from Festival of Fantasy?"

But then it's like, if I don't report every second of my day, am I an honest trip reporter?

The struggle is there.

Oh, I know... I know!
Every post...
"No one wants to see that....
garbage... garbage... garbage... maybe."

Also, yikes on your Christmas week. I'm glad you're getting there in terms of recovery though. That's rough.

Still not 100% actually.
Stupid cough.

The things Disney will make people do. It's horrible really. They should pay us to go I think.

Very valid point!
A sternly worded email
is being drafted!

Holy moly that's a long line. To be fair, it probably loses itself in the queue pretty quickly, but still. I hear you. I'd wanna be first too.

I suspect your right.
Seconds after the ride opened,
I'm sure that queue disappeared.

Still... glad I was at the front of it.

Aaahh awesome picture! And great experience, too!

Big lazy cats. It's nice to see them do, you know, anything :P

Carnivores.
Slow. Lazy...
Unless they're intent on eating you.

I have no back issue but I'm a wuss so I always sit on the edge of the bench to not get startled XD

:laughing:

We have been there! We had a burger challenge one trip and we're on a quest to decide which burger is best. We tried In n Out , Five Guys, , Fat Burger, and one more I can't remember. I was pretty sick of burgers after that week, In N Out won for us. 50/50 was yummy, but too rich for me.
Thanks for posting that.
I'm pretty sure we'll at least be doing Shake Shack.
But... who knows!

Last edited:
That's what I love about you!
Your decisiveness!

Why thank you! ;)

Oh, I know... I know!
Every post...
"No one wants to see that....
garbage... garbage... garbage... maybe."

"Gotta make sure to include that picture of the closet space and toilet in the room"

Still not 100% actually.
Stupid cough.

Ugh that suck. The cough part is the worst.

Carnivores.
Slow. Lazy...
Unless they're intent on eating you.

And here we say, thank you Disney for not underfeeding your free roaming wild animals

Cool! I'd like to see that.
Are there lights in the tree?
Or just spotlights shining on it?

Lights in the tree making it different colors. It was almost like it was glowing from within. The projection mapping show on it was really cool too.

And because of the missed points opportunities
and I'm in an exceptionally good mood....

I'm going to give you that one.

COOL! I'll take what I can get!! ;)

Why thank you! ;)

:laughing:

"Gotta make sure to include that picture of the closet space and toilet in the room"

One can never have enough toilet pictures.

They bowl me over.

Ugh that suck. The cough part is the worst.

I am so tired of coughing.
Really. I'm done.
It can stop now.

And here we say, thank you Disney for not underfeeding your free roaming wild animals

Meh. I'm not in the best shape.
But I don't have to worry
about out running lions.

I just have to outrun one other
person on the ride.

Hope you & Kay have a great time in DL! I have never been but my DD went with the high school band years ago and loved it. Someday we'll do a California trip - I have a friend there but she's way up by the Oregon border, which is nowhere near Anaheim.

Our off-again/ on-again trip to WDW next week seems to be "on" again. But that can change! DD decided, in her infinite wisdom, that the seizure medicine was making her crazy so she stopped taking it. Which WAS CRAZY. I managed to get her to the doc for a new medication the following day, but it was a $450 kit that had to be ordered. So she was medication free for 48 hours and guess what? She had another seizure! Which put me into that wonderful parental position of driving her to the ER while fuming, "I could cheerfully THROTTLE her for this!" (I'm sure there are other parents out there that have done the same thing. Maybe they wouldn't admit it, though.) That was a week ago and her NEW new medicine seems to be going OK (no kit- immediate supply and cheap too!). Her plan now, which the neurologist approved, is to go visit my parents in Florida while we go to WDW. That way, we're only a 2 hour drive away should something happen, which is unlikely as my mother will make certain she takes her medication. Plus they live less than 2 miles from a large hospital, which is reassuring. DD has applied for 4-6 weeks TDI from work, which looks like it will go through, so she'll even collect full pay.

SO, now I am allowing myself to get a little excited to experience the new Epcot Art Festival. The food looks great and I have always loved the Animation Academy. Yay! I also want to see the Tree of Life show at AK, which we saw the final few minutes of last time we were there, but this time I'm making it a priority. Doubt Rivers of Light will be open but that would be cool. A little part of me is holding back, in case we can't go, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Cool! So that's separate from the Rivers of Light show.
I thought it wouldn't start until the other did.

It was! We were there last June and AK was open until 11pm I believe. I think there was a showing of the Jungle Book show that was the holding place for Rivers of Light. We hadn't heard great reviews of that, so we skipped it but we wanted to check out the park after dark. We only made it until about 10pm or so. But we easily hung around in front of the Tree of Life for a good hour just hanging out and watching it. I thought it was really neat and fit in with AK's feel just right!

Your Christmas sounds pretty exhausting.

Stupid alarm.
Six a.m.
Who gets up at six o'clock in the morning...
on vacation???

Disney is pretty exhausting with early mornings and late nights.

Going early definitely paid off!
Early morning and late evening are the best times for safari.

Your lion photos are really good.

Bonus points. How many did she have do you think?
She's a bit of a girl is our Mary doll..7 at the last count!

Obligatory "end of the line" photo.
Everyone has to take this picture
at least once.
It's a Disney by-law.

Now you tell me! I was too busy with my arms in the air. I'll need to go back to remedy this.

Can I share something with you people?
It's so easy to make someone's day.
A smile. A nod. A small gesture.
I really don't understand
why some people find it so difficult.
Just do nice things once in a while, okay?
Sermon over.

Absolutely. Sometimes people ask me at work how I can be so positive when there's so much going on. Being miserable or not having time for people doesn't help anyone. It is those moments at Disney where you can have interactions with so many different people.

I love the detail you ave captured in this photo!

I wasn't planning on joining the competition but since I have scored some points I'll need to try and get some more points on the board.

1. Where am I heading next?
a. Another Park
b. Another Resort
c. My resort
d. Disney Springs
e. Other. Because... other.

A

2. Which park do I go to next?
Epcot

3. Next park. Extra security. Yes? No?
Yes, of course.

4. How many parks do I do today?
(Hint: between 1 and 4!)

5. Fast pass. I got one. To what?
(Hint: Get the park right and this is easy.)
a. Frozen
b. EE
c. 7DMT
d. TOT
Frozen

6. What did I try for the first time?
(Hint: Get the park right and this is easy.
Whoa... deja vu.)
a. Rice pudding
b. Giraffe marshmallow pop
c. Nutella waffle
d. Butterfinger cupcake
Rice pudding

7. What time do I leave the park for the night?
10:20 P.M.

8. Last bus of the day. How long do I wait?
12 minutes

Hope you & Kay have a great time in DL!

Thanks Laura! :)

I have never been but my DD went with the high school band years ago and loved it. Someday we'll do a California trip - I have a friend there but she's way up by the Oregon border, which is nowhere near Anaheim.

I didn't know you hadn't been to DL.
For some reason I thought you had been.

Our off-again/ on-again trip to WDW next week seems to be "on" again. But that can change! DD decided, in her infinite wisdom, that the seizure medicine was making her crazy so she stopped taking it. Which WAS CRAZY. I managed to get her to the doc for a new medication the following day, but it was a $450 kit that had to be ordered. So she was medication free for 48 hours and guess what? She had another seizure! Which put me into that wonderful parental position of driving her to the ER while fuming, "I could cheerfully THROTTLE her for this!" (I'm sure there are other parents out there that have done the same thing. Maybe they wouldn't admit it, though.) That was a week ago and her NEW new medicine seems to be going OK (no kit- immediate supply and cheap too!). Her plan now, which the neurologist approved, is to go visit my parents in Florida while we go to WDW. That way, we're only a 2 hour drive away should something happen, which is unlikely as my mother will make certain she takes her medication. Plus they live less than 2 miles from a large hospital, which is reassuring. DD has applied for 4-6 weeks TDI from work, which looks like it will go through, so she'll even collect full pay.

Another seizure! So the medication seemed to have been doing something. I'm glad that it looks like the new meds seem to be helping.

And... her going to your parents seems like
a great way to let you go
and not to worry as much.

SO, now I am allowing myself to get a little excited to experience the new Epcot Art Festival. The food looks great and I have always loved the Animation Academy. Yay! I also want to see the Tree of Life show at AK, which we saw the final few minutes of last time we were there, but this time I'm making it a priority. Doubt Rivers of Light will be open but that would be cool. A little part of me is holding back, in case we can't go, but I am cautiously optimistic.

I know nothing of the Art Festival...
maybe I should look into it for future reference.
Still no dates on ROL, but who knows!

It was! We were there last June and AK was open until 11pm I believe.

Whoa! That's a lot different from their usual 6pm.

I think there was a showing of the Jungle Book show that was the holding place for Rivers of Light. We hadn't heard great reviews of that, so we skipped it but we wanted to check out the park after dark. We only made it until about 10pm or so. But we easily hung around in front of the Tree of Life for a good hour just hanging out and watching it. I thought it was really neat and fit in with AK's feel just right!

An hour!
It really must've been nice.
Maybe they'll get ROL up and running
and I'll get to see it in a year or five.

Your Christmas sounds pretty exhausting.

I might have been... a bit.

Disney is pretty exhausting with early mornings and late nights.

But soooo worth it.

Early morning and late evening are the best times for safari.

Your lion photos are really good.

Thanks!
And that's another reason I wanted to go first thing.

She's a bit of a girl is our Mary doll..7 at the last count!

Whoa! She's really playing the savannah.

Now you tell me! I was too busy with my arms in the air. I'll need to go back to remedy this.

Good enough reason as any.

Absolutely. Sometimes people ask me at work how I can be so positive when there's so much going on. Being miserable or not having time for people doesn't help anyone. It is those moments at Disney where you can have interactions with so many different people.

::yes::
And I can't think of a more fun place
to spread pixie dust than Disney.

I love the detail you ave captured in this photo!

Thanks!
That one is (I think) my fave.

I wasn't planning on joining the competition but since I have scored some points I'll need to try and get some more points on the board.

:laughing: Okay!
No worries though.

A

Epcot

Yes, of course.

Frozen

Rice pudding

10:20 P.M.

12 minutes

Noted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter