c. My resort
d. Disney Springs
e. Other. Because... other.

T_Man: Another Resort
Lady H: Other

2. Which park do I go to next?

T_Man & Lady H: Epcot

3. Next park. Extra security. Yes? No?

T_Man & Lady H: Of course. Why stop now.

4. How many parks do I do today?
(Hint: between 1 and 4!)

T_Man & Lady H: Well since you said Parks, there's a minimum of 2 at least. So we're going 2.

5. Fast pass. I got one. To what?
(Hint: Get the park right and this is easy.)
a. Frozen
b. EE
c. 7DMT
d. TOT

T_Man & Lady H: A. Frozen

6. What did I try for the first time?
(Hint: Get the park right and this is easy.
Whoa... deja vu.)
a. Rice pudding
b. Giraffe marshmallow pop
c. Nutella waffle
d. Butterfinger cupcake

T_Man & Lady H: A. Rice Pudding

7. What time do I leave the park for the night?

T_Man & Lady H: 10 PM

8. Last bus of the day. How long do I wait?

T_Man: 10 Minutes
Lady H: 20 Minutes

Noted.

Given the last standings, and being we haven't gotten down on our hands and knees yet to beg the amazing pkondz :-)sad2:) for our free bonus points, I guess this is the point in the TR we ask for our bonus points oh amazing pkondz. :worship:

Well....... considering you forgot.....
I suppose it's the least I could do.

pixiedust:

This can either make us or break us.

Ya just never know.

Oh yes of course we do but they don't show up very often since we don't have a lot of snow here. Here today gone tomorrow. Shovel and shovel and the next day green grass - go figure. Well that is Toronto for you. :cool2:
Judy

And then when it does snow
you call out the army.

The rest of Canada is never
letting you live that one down!

No rush. Got at least another day.

Well, that's good. Because it ain't gonna happen til then. Other things to do. :) Have some real life stuff I need to make sure I tend to.

If I get one (very rare... but it does happen)
I won't hold it against the restaurant.

But I have this little annoying thing called a massively overactive gag reflex. Once and done for me. It was.... traumatic.

They offer a hot link, a regular hot dog and a cheese dog. I mean deep fried cheese in a corn batter on a stick. It's hard to beat that!

You are singing my song, Girl!!!!! MUST. HAVE!!!!

Also, kinda need to get some beignets, and a julep. Just cause.

I don't think I've had a Tommy burger in 30 years

Me neither. But I'm gonna in about 78 days. Yep. Sho nuff gonna.

The little red cart at the end of Main Street. People rave about it. I like it well enough, but if I were to pick the best Corn Dog on property I'd have to go with the Corn Dog Palace in DCA. They offer a hot link, a regular hot dog and a cheese dog. I mean deep fried cheese in a corn batter on a stick. It's hard to beat that!

No offense, but the deep fried cheese one doesn't do it for me.
I've never been a fan of deep fried cheese.

But yes. the little red cart. That's the one.

One time in September we went out to Disney for a Corn Dog and the wagon was actually closed because it was too hot inside for the employees to work. In that case we ended up at the Stage Door Cafe, which also had pretry good corn dogs, but still I like the Corn Dog Palace.

It better be open when we're there!
First TOT and now this!

71e402f30c2b741ecd69ba3ae4baf90bb45b7443c52422de88cf02f4802a5a19.jpg

Tommy's has a pretty similar function as Roscoe's, a great late night place for folks to sober up after a night of drinking. All the burgers are doused in Tommy's famous chili. I remember in college, at parties in the dorm (my freshman year) we would send a party to fetch, and then we all had indigestion for rest of the night! :laughing: I don't think I've had a Tommy burger in 30 years, but I mentioned it to a few folks and they all said that if you need your intestinal tract cleaned out, Tommy's is the one!

You realize of course
that this is actually selling it, right?

:lmao:

How do you eat chili then?

Sans beans. Like God intended.

When I make it out to DL I'm definitely going to In n Out. We don't have them out here. Betsey said she would take me.

Hmmm... okay that sounds like a vote for In n Out.

DH wants to go to 50/50 place that he saw on TV. Their burgers are made with half beef and half pork.

Name by any chance?
Or is this someplace closer to you?

I would answer now but My laptop is about to die. DO I still have time?

::yes:: At least another day or three.
I'll post a warning.

Well, that's good. Because it ain't gonna happen til then. Other things to do. :) Have some real life stuff I need to make sure I tend to.

What?!?!? This isn't your priority?!?!?!?

:rotfl:

JK.
I know we all have lives.
No worries.

I'll post a warning before the next update.

But I have this little annoying thing called a massively overactive gag reflex. Once and done for me. It was.... traumatic.

Oh.

Well.... remind me never to eat
with you at a restaurant that shares
a space with a hair salon.

You are singing my song, Girl!!!!! MUST. HAVE!!!!

:sad2:
You guys eat your soggy cheese.
Kay and I'll enjoy our corn dogs.

Also, kinda need to get some beignets, and a julep. Just cause.

Yes! Beignets!
Never had a Julep.

Well, never had beignets either.
But want to.

Me neither. But I'm gonna in about 78 days. Yep. Sho nuff gonna.

:laughing:

Slater's 50/50. There's one in Huntington Beach. @Captain_Oblivious called it to my attention. And it's not 50% beef and 50% pork, the pork is bacon!!!

Ah!

That was the chapter I slobbered all over my keyboard.

6201 Hollywood Blvd. 5 minutes from Madame Tussauds.

OMG! This is awesome news! This is RIGHT next door to the Pantages Theater! Although part of our moratorium on Travel has included a moratorium on Theater tickets. The building in which Shake Shack is located is something we have watched during construction for the last 5-7 years and the last time we went to the theater, it was still leasing to new tenants. How great to have an affordable dining location so close to the theater where I can also enjoy an adult beverage with my pre-theater meal! We've tried almost every restaurant in that block and Fran finds them all over priced, she might like this one!

The downside? When I look at the google satellite image, our parking lot across the street from the building where Shake Shack is located is now a construction site dig.

Keep in mind, that while the Shake Shack is only 1 mile from Madame Tussauds, the logistics of getting there may be difficult. If you choose to go by car (which is exactly what any Angelino would choose to do) you will need to find a place to put said car once you get to your destination. Parking in Hollywood comes at a stiff price. Also driving in Hollywood is not the simplest thing. You would be amazed at how many cycles of a light you can sit through and not get much farther than a few car lengths. Avoid left turns at all costs. The fact that you will be there on a Monday morning is a blessing.

I hope that you don't experience too many of the trademark LA traffic issues when you are here, but if you do, feel free to gripe about it!

Yes! Beignets!
Never had a Julep.

Well, never had beignets either.
But want to.

You've never had Beignets????? :eek: We must definitely remedy this! The best ones are at Brennan's. While the ones in the Julep bar in DL are good, the ones at Brennan's in DTD are awesome. I think you and Kay should stop there on your first day and start off with a bag of them. Then make a powdered sugar mess of the bag when you're done! The pictures for the rest of the day will be great!

OMG! This is awesome news! This is RIGHT next door to the Pantages Theater! Although part of our moratorium on Travel has included a moratorium on Theater tickets. The building in which Shake Shack is located is something we have watched during construction for the last 5-7 years and the last time we went to the theater, it was still leasing to new tenants. How great to have an affordable dining location so close to the theater where I can also enjoy an adult beverage with my pre-theater meal! We've tried almost every restaurant in that block and Fran finds them all over priced, she might like this one!

You're welcome!
Any time you need advice on things in LA,
you just ask me, okay?

The downside? When I look at the google satellite image, our parking lot across the street from the building where Shake Shack is located is now a construction site dig.

Whoops!
Makes parking there problematic.

Keep in mind, that while the Shake Shack is only 1 mile from Madame Tussauds, the logistics of getting there may be difficult. If you choose to go by car (which is exactly what any Angelino would choose to do) you will need to find a place to put said car once you get to your destination. Parking in Hollywood comes at a stiff price. Also driving in Hollywood is not the simplest thing. You would be amazed at how many cycles of a light you can sit through and not get much farther than a few car lengths. Avoid left turns at all costs. The fact that you will be there on a Monday morning is a blessing.

oy. I think Google maps had it as a 20 minute walk.
Then again.... who knows.

I hope that you don't experience too many of the trademark LA traffic issues when you are here, but if you do, feel free to gripe about it!

oh I will... I will!

You've never had Beignets????? :eek: We must definitely remedy this! The best ones are at Brennan's. While the ones in the Julep bar in DL are good, the ones at Brennan's in DTD are awesome. I think you and Kay should stop there on your first day and start off with a bag of them.

Oh! Wonderful!
We just might do that!

Then make a powdered sugar mess of the bag when you're done! The pictures for the rest of the day will be great!

:laughing:

oy. I think Google maps had it as a 20 minute walk.
Then again.... who knows.

When I looked up last night it said 24 minutes. Now see that might be a good way to see a bunch of stars. For Fran and I walking that far is not an option. She could walk from the Shake Shack to Vine (we would normally have dinner at 33 Taps on the corner), but we would never consider walking from Mme Tussauds to the Shake Shack. Never could happen. You could walk down one side of the street checking out the stars and then walk down the other to get back.

You're welcome!
Any time you need advice on things in LA,
you just ask me, okay?

:rotfl2:

Oh! Wonderful!
We just might do that!

You can thank @Captain_Oblivious for that one. I got it from his TR.

When I looked up last night it said 24 minutes. Now see that might be a good way to see a bunch of stars. For Fran and I walking that far is not an option. She could walk from the Shake Shack to Vine (we would normally have dinner at 33 Taps on the corner), but we would never consider walking from Mme Tussauds to the Shake Shack. Never could happen. You could walk down one side of the street checking out the stars and then walk down the other to get back.

Oh, good! That saves me the trouble of trying to find that out.
Stars on both sides of the street?

You can thank @Captain_Oblivious for that one. I got it from his TR.

Nah. I don't want it to go to his head.

Oh, good! That saves me the trouble of trying to find that out.
Stars on both sides of the street?

Yes, there are stars all the way from Hollywood and Highland (even a little farther West) all the way past where the Pantages is located. I've never been big on star chasing so I only paid attention when I happend to be there. The Pantages is the main reason for bringing me up into Hollywood so I mostly have seen the stars around there. If you're walking from one place to another for a long walk I can see where it would be fun to point out stars you recognize. It's been going on for so long that there are lots I don't recognize.

I may take a 10 minute detour from the group to hit up NOS's beignets. Just something I kinda need to do. :) If that's ok.

And it's right across from a potty stop and the HM so it will be an easy stop!

And it's right across from a potty stop and the HM so it will be an easy stop!

Ever noticed the light fixtures right there at that bathroom. Which also happens to be MY favorite bathroom of ALL the parks anywhere? Yep, even more than the Tangled ones? I means it's in NOS, so cute. And not usually crowded.

Yes, there are stars all the way from Hollywood and Highland (even a little farther West) all the way past where the Pantages is located. I've never been big on star chasing so I only paid attention when I happend to be there. The Pantages is the main reason for bringing me up into Hollywood so I mostly have seen the stars around there. If you're walking from one place to another for a long walk I can see where it would be fun to point out stars you recognize. It's been going on for so long that there are lots I don't recognize.

Oh good! Then that will give us an excuse to walk there
(and back.)

Actually the 50/50 Burger I was referring to is located in Anaheim Hills. It's 14 miles from DL.
I'm on my phone ATM so can't do guesses. Later today I have a wake to attend. I'll try to get them up tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter