Can I Call 'Bull' On This?

I find the conversation interesting. Anybody that doesn't think Disney knows about all the loopholes we find, or cm don't know is a fool.

It is cheating the system, plan and simple and bad me its so darn fun, lately with new fp+ system.
How is , for ex, Mom going to the FP machine instead of the entire family of 4 (so a FP "runner") cheating the system? All 4 family members are getting the same # of FPs regardless.

How is , for ex, Mom going to the FP machine instead of the entire family of 4 (so a FP "runner") cheating the system? All 4 family members are getting the same # of FPs regardless.
It's not. And anyway, one family member can go to the kiosks and book a 4th FP for the whole family now, right? Clearly this wasn't an example of "broke" or they would have fixed it.

There goes my plan!! So, I had to get myself and DS a FP+ for ToT even though only DH and DD will ride. As far as I understand, I couldn't split that FP+ for my party to ride two separate rides. I kept getting the message that I would be changing the FP+ entirely to a diff. attraction for the whole group.

After DH and DD ride ToT, the four of us WILL use the other two FP+ on ToyStory and Star Tours. So, after Star Tours, we won't be able to add a 4th because DS and myself didn't actually ride ToT even though the time window passed?!? so frustrating!

I'm not sure why you are unable to change the FP for yourself and your DS...you should be able to change just 2 of you. I found this easiest on the app. If you go to change FP, it should allow you to just choose yourself and your DS.

Whether or not something is ethically scummy is a matter of personal perspective I guess. I may not be popular for saying this but it just seems like it would increase wait times for others! I think a lot of people forget that not everyone gets to go on multiple trips to Disney World. I have been watching my neighbors children as a favor three nights a week so she can work. Her husband died of cancer last year and she's been working extra shifts to take the kids to Disney. I just wonder how many others are out there in her boat? I'm not telling the OP or anyone else to lose sleep over it but if everyone did this where does it leave people who do play by the rules?

Whether or not something is ethically scummy is a matter of personal perspective I guess. I may not be popular for saying this but it just seems like it would increase wait times for others! I think a lot of people forget that not everyone gets to go on multiple trips to Disney World. I have been watching my neighbors children as a favor three nights a week so she can work. Her husband died of cancer last year and she's been working extra shifts to take the kids to Disney. I just wonder how many others are out there in her boat? I'm not telling the OP or anyone else to lose sleep over it but if everyone did this where does it leave people who do play by the rules?

Everyone has different ethical lines. For me, if it's allowed, I don't see the problem.

There are plenty of inequities at Disney World. Onsiters get to book FPs first. People with longer trips do even better in that regard. People without bags skip a step entering the park. People with pre-park opening breakfasts can get a jump on the crowds. Everyone is never going to be on a completely even playing field.

Should I have worried about the people I displaced in the standby line with my legacy FPs? Should I worry about the people who can't get into a certain restaurant because I made an ADR?

I spend a heck of a lot of time planning my vacations. And if, by virtue of that, I learn something that most don't know, and I use that to my advantage, I'm 100% ok with that. I'm actually happy for everyone to have this knowledge, and I try to help people out on these boards. But I won't ignore some information that I have that could enhance my vacation just because I'm worried about those who don't know as much as me.

That said, I just don't think this is a great big advantage. I knew about it on my last trip and didn't use it. We never even booked a 4th FP because we just didn't need to ... and it was Thanksgiving week. Actually, I don't ride many rides, so I split up my FPs among the rest of my family (who ride all of them) ... and I had a ton of trouble keeping it straight. I don't know how people who bring multiple sets of FPs can keep it straight at all. Or how it's fun at that point. But I might try it on the next trip just see how it works. We'll see.

Last edited:

I hope you told her about the disboard.

Thanks Lauradis. I did tell her about the disboards and easywdw. She may have a little crush on Josh but don't we all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter