Can I Call 'Bull' On This?

It's best to post in the actual thread to find out if your circumstances will work. The people who monitor the thread are very knowledgeable and can explain all sorts of crazy scenarios and how to make them work. People also post first hand accounts, which is useful if/when the system quits allowing it.

That button thing is crazy all the years on the DIS ( I have lost posts and years on my profile from 2 upgrades to the site) and I never read that. My DH doesn't ride any rides but we always get FP for him so he can help DS with his wheelchair if needed, anyway we were late night at HS and decided to try the 4th FP for Fantasmic, CM said he couldn't have one because he didn't ride all the rides even tho the time had expired. Boy was he disappointed. Makes ya think about the gazillion extra magic bands sitting in the drawer.

There goes my plan!! So, I had to get myself and DS a FP+ for ToT even though only DH and DD will ride. As far as I understand, I couldn't split that FP+ for my party to ride two separate rides. I kept getting the message that I would be changing the FP+ entirely to a diff. attraction for the whole group.

After DH and DD ride ToT, the four of us WILL use the other two FP+ on ToyStory and Star Tours. So, after Star Tours, we won't be able to add a 4th because DS and myself didn't actually ride ToT even though the time window passed?!? so frustrating!

Last edited:
I am going to ask a slightly off-topic question, but what is this fast pass button? I have never heard of it before

After DH and DS ride ToT, the four of us WILL use the other two FP+ on ToyStory and Star Tours. So, after Star Tours, we won't be able to add a 4th because DS and myself didn't actually ride ToT even though the time window passed?!? so frustrating!
The easiest remedy is to have your DH and DD ride TOT again using your MagicBand and your DS's MagicBand to enter the FP line.

In the FP area of MDE, you can choose to change FPs for only you and your DS.

Much easier to allow a second FP ride on ToT using the 2 MBs if you are afraid to make the changes in MDE.

I am going to ask a slightly off-topic question, but what is this fast pass button? I have never heard of it before

It is long, long gone.

And, the devices for which it worked are no longer at the parks.

It is long, long gone.

And, the devices for which it worked are no longer at the parks.

Oh, yes i assumed that way. But i am still intrigued into what this button actually did, if anyone could enlighten me.:confused3

I'm also intrigued. I've forgotten more about WDW than most people will ever know in their lifetimes. But apparently I never experienced this or I have, literally, forgotten about it. :crazy2:

I'm also intrigued. I've forgotten more about WDW than most people will ever know in their lifetimes. But apparently I never experienced this or I have, literally, forgotten about it. :crazy2:
Never knew about it either. It's covered on page 1 of this thread.

Never knew about it either. It's covered on page 1 of this thread.

Oh, THAT button! :joker: Now I remember what they're talking about. I was envisioning an RFID wearable button/pinback. I thought maybe it was a short-lived test as a pre-cursor to the MBs. But, yeah... I remember now that people sometimes used the CM override button on the back of the machines (although there was usually a CM standing there to prevent that from happening).

So was having runners get fp-
so was pushing the button on the back of fp-
so was not returning at posted times or days fp-

The disboard is going to find all kinds of ways to cheat the system, no matter what system.

Well, one out of three ain't bad.

Your first example depends on the definition of FP runner. There was nothing wrong with one person going to the machines to get FPs for the family while they continued to shop, eat, or ride other rides. If your definition of a FP runner includes the FP runner then joining their family in a line, then I agree it's not right to do. But that's a separate issue and not what most of us meant by the term FP runner.

The second example is a clear case of people doing something wrong.

The third example was allowed and promoted by CMs for years as being ok to do. But apparently, because not every guest in the park was told this, I must be making it up. Well, you also mention using one on the wrong day. In that instance, a CM wasn't paying attention close enough and should have turned them away. So I'll give you 1 & 1/2 right.

Well, one out of three ain't bad.

Your first example depends on the definition of FP runner. There was nothing wrong with one person going to the machines to get FPs for the family while they continued to shop, eat, or ride other rides. If your definition of a FP runner includes the FP runner then joining their family in a line, then I agree it's not right to do. But that's a separate issue and not what most of us meant by the term FP runner.

The second example is a clear case of people doing something wrong.

The third example was allowed and promoted by CMs for years as being ok to do. But apparently, because not every guest in the park was told this, I must be making it up.

nope, you didn't make it up. I guess what I was getting at was every system Disney has put in place, people try to optimism it to their personal style and advantage.

You don't have to book a room and cancel it to do the proposed method. Some people have legitimately purchased their bands or obtained them legitimately. What they do with them afterwards is another story. There are issues that need to be worked out with FP+, but I still think activity like this would occur even without issues.

See if Disney went to a 6 fp+ for on site guest, AP, dvc owners. I think the dis board would find the loopholes but there wouldn't be a frenzy over it.

Ok. I just get a little testy when I see optimize = cheated the system. :)

I find the conversation interesting. Anybody that doesn't think Disney knows about all the loopholes we find, or cm don't know is a fool.

It is cheating the system, plan and simple and bad me its so darn fun, lately with new fp+ system.

I find the conversation interesting. Anybody that doesn't think Disney knows about all the loopholes we find, or cm don't know is a fool.

You're right, of course. I just think, in the grand scheme of things, THIS issue, for one example, or throwaway rooms, for another, are not a big priority to Disney. They don't really affect the bottom line, do they? Not only that, I do not think those issues are widespread at all.

And, too ... look at how long it took them to crack down on old refillable mugs. :rotfl:

You're right, of course. I just think, in the grand scheme of things, THIS issue, for one example, or throwaway rooms, for another, are not a big priority to Disney. They don't really affect the bottom line, do they? Not only that, I do not think those issues are widespread at all.

And, too ... look at how long it took them to crack down on old refillable mugs. :rotfl:

I always wanted the new mug. But then we stopped yearly or bi annual family trips many moons ago, we are up to every other year or every three years.

I keep saying it but if you look at the volume of people attending now that travel has really started to recovered, it is really up people wise, longer stays, discounts are going down again or harder to find, and add in the new limited skip line fp+ is enough to royally make all repeat visitors grumpy.

The disboard with find all the loop holes we always do, and then people will have to make up their minds if they can stomach the cheat.

It is cheating the system, plan and simple and bad me its so darn fun, lately with new fp+ system.
If Disney finds something they don't want people to do, they would change the system. It's not difficult to adjust for any loopholes. I don't think they put a high priority on it.

I have a family member who is unnecessarily competitive with me. If I do something, she has to do it before me. If I buy something, she has to have it too. If I go to Disney, she has to get there before me and there are 1000 reasons why her trip is better than mine will be. :rotfl: I love her dearly and I don't say anything because I value our relationship more than my ego or being right. She said something to me that did not seem right and I know I will not say anything to her either way.... if she is lying she knows it.... but I am curious....

She said that she booked her FPs for her trip as normal at 60 days out and was able to use those, but when she got to Disney, she took an old MB with her and was able to book 3 extra FPs each morning using that MB from her previous trip. I get that the MBs are technically good until the battery dies, but I thought the MBs had to be linked to a park ticket, not JUST an MDE account to book. If that were the case, I could go into MDE using my older MBs (there are 4 of them) and book FPs for a trip. She does not have an AP, she buys a regular hopper.

Anyhow, that does not seem right to me and I am curious if this is a "one up" story or if she was actually able to do this??

As long as the "old" MBs are NOT linked to the same MDE account, you can use them to book FP+ "day of".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter