Camp Fires

Open campfires are not allowed in any site. Portable firepits that are fully contained are allowed unless there are drought-related restrictions in play. I have exhausted my knowledge on this topic... I will now sit back down.

I'm sure it's the same rules as all other sites. IF there is no general fire ban, you can have a wood fire in a completely enclosed fire pit such as:

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Outdoor/Wood-Firepits/28-Lawn-and-Garden-Firepit-and-Grill

Can you tell me if there are specific rules about what constitutes a 'fully enclosed' fire pit? I have one like this: fire pit with screen top. It does not have a hard top like the ones I have seen most here post pictures of, but it is not open anywhere either.

Also, I have read (here) that the regulations specifically prohibit wood fires (i.e., artificial logs only), but that this rule is not always enforced. And, I have read that the rules are specific about not allowing portable gas fire pits - although I suppose they would be OK if they were fully closed (I have only ever seen open gas fire pits.

I a reasonably certain that as long as there is an arrestor screen all around the fire, then it is acceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter