Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
I noticed a few people wheeling around bags last week so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

The way it has been said, you may not drag something behind you. Examples given were picnic cooler chests, roll-aboard suitcases, and wagons.

They could not prohibit pushing something outright, otherwise no one would be able to put their child in a stroller.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

I just finished uploading all my pictures and setting up my calendars. The promo was through tonight 11:59 PDT and the code for the buy 2 calendars get one free is gone from the Photopass website.

Does anyone have this code??? HELP PLEASE!!:worship:

When I drop a chunk of change for some software, I like to get my money's worth and use as many features as I can. But after using Lightroom for almost two years, I still haven't jumped on the Web module bandwagon.

So I am wondering, am I really missing anything?

Does anyone here use it? Do you like it? From a technical aspect, what do you need to get it on line? Does anyone have any personal samples they'd like to share? I've seen a couple pro photo sites using it, bit not many "family users", any reason why?

Any thoughts?

I don't use it because I find it so much easier to use a photo hosting site like Smugmug rather than maintaining my own with Lightroom. With Smugmug, I get things like the ability to order prints, usage statistics, and a whole lot more functionality.

The only reason I would consider Lightroom for web development is if I wanted a site to put on a CD/DVD to mail to someone that needed to use it disconnected or with sever bandwidth restrictions. For example, I could see setting up a few viewing stations at a wedding, funeral, bar mitzvah, or some similar event that was held in a venue without Internet access.

As for me personally, I pretty much stick with the Library and Develop modules. I do almost all of my printing out of Photoshop (for softproofing). I do my slideshows with Pictures2Exe and Pro Show Gold. I do my web hosting with Smugmug.

Like Mark, I only ever use Library and Develop. They could remove the others completely and it would make no difference to me!

Library and Develop are the only two modules I use too. I did purchase a book with DVD tutorials called Classroom in a Book for Lightroom2 and it was very helpful in alot of areas but I have to admit the PRINT and WEB module sections of the book I pretty much just skimmed over because I'm not sure its something I will ever use. Hosting and printing I do mostly from Smugmug also.

I've been watching this bag for some time and finally found it marked down. The regular price is $300-ish and I just got it for $199.00. It's a beast of a bag and looks really good for traveling with all the gear...it even holds a 17-inch laptop. I wouldn't carry it around a theme park or anything ;) but it will hold a lot. I'm planning that it will hold:

• Nikon D300
  • 24-70mm f/2.8
  • 70-200mm f/2.8
  • 11-16mm f/2.8
  • 50mm f/1.8
  • SB800 Flash
  • Assorted Batteries & Memory
  • Laptop

Here is the link to Dodd/Click Camera

I am planning to take a trip to the Dominican Republic next month and think this will suit my needs. Thought I'd share it.

What's Lightroom? ;) I use Bibble Lite for my raw conversion and simple edits and Zenfolio for my web hosting. Both Zenfolio and Smugmug will give you a lot more options than Lightroom could ever do.

All I use are Library and Develop. I have no interest in those templates; whenever I'll get around to starting my own site, I'll do it myself.

never even looked at any but the library and develop. i thought the web was just for saving web-sized photos...maybe i should look at it:rotfl:

Never used the Web.

Side topic, have any of you tried the Lightroom 3 beta? I have used it for a few days and it is very nice.

Never used the Web.

Side topic, have any of you tried the Lightroom 3 beta? I have used it for a few days and it is very nice.

I installed it, then a few days later I wiped my computer clean and installed Windows 7. So I didn't really get a chance to use it; need to install it and maybe this time I'll actually fool with it.

From what I've heard it's pretty good.

What does everyone do for a camera bag?

DW bought me one for Christmas(naneu pro c-300). It is nice int he sense that it is big enough to hold my camera, extra lens, video camera, chargers, etc and has room to grow.

It is a side carrier, and I was looking more at the backpacks. Thinking a side carrier (larger one) will be too big to carry in the parks or out shooting. PLus I don't need to carry EVERYTHING when I go shooting.

Do people have 2 bags? One for storage and one for taking out shooting, or should I look to just replace this bag rather than adding a second bag?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I own and use multiple bags. My primary bag though is the Kata 3n1-30. It is larger then I need, but I wanted to grow into the bag. I could have easily have gotten away with the 3n1-20. I also have a case logic holster, a lowepro waist pack, and about 4 other bags. The 3n1's can be used as a backpack, left sling or right sling. I looked at a ton of bags before picking it. But everyone has different needs/wants in bags, so you will get a ton of different opinions/suggestions here.

Do people have 2 bags? One for storage and one for taking out shooting, or should I look to just replace this bag rather than adding a second bag?

Only 2 bags? It seems this hobby never stops at 2 of anything! :rotfl: I just got a Tamrac Adventure 7 for Christmas, I think I'm going to like it for the parks because it's a decent size but not too big where it'll get uncomfortable when loaded. The bottom half holds your gear, the top half is a separate compartment (where I plan to actually stow my camera when it's not around my neck). I've also got a Lowepro Mini Trekker backpack, but I use that more for lugging all of my gear around rather than taking out shooting.

I got the Lowepro Fastpack 250 recently and love it. Its got plenty of room for my DSLR and several lenses. The nice thing is that you can just swing the bag around and get to your camera quickly with the side pocket. and the flap over the main camera compartment seems to keep things secure so no one is going to fish out your camera while your back is turned.

Also, if you like to carry a laptop with you a 15" laptop will fit nicely into the back. Plenty of storage in the top for other essentials.

One small drawback that you'll notice if you read the Amazon reviews is that there is no place to attach a monopod or tripod. I'm thinking about getting some heavy duty webbing and making a small strap to attach things to the outside.

I got the LowePro Fastpack 250 for xmas! Hold my camera and my 300mm extra lens, some other supplies ( possibly other lenses if I had them ). But it also holds my laptop and a bunch of other stuff in the upper pouch. It also has the same quick-access side pouch as the Slingshot. It's just a bit bigger which is exactly what I wanted to hold extra stuff ( like water bottles and what not ).

Can't wait to take it on the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter