• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am not completely exempt from pack mule duty either. At WDW my title changes from DH to "lens boy" as in "oh lens boy, hand me the 70-200". In true Princess Bride style my only answer is "as you wish". :) :lovestruc

That's part of the reason I like to buy lightweight equipment for DW, I carry it anyway! ;)

As for the Crumplers, I have had the $4MDH out in light rain with no problem. It does not appear to be designed to withstand a real downpour so I carry an ultralite back packing waterproof bag in it and can use that to cover the Crumpler when things get really bad. In that case I often have a heavy duty poncho to cover me *and* the camera gear too.

Am i right in thinking i have read somewhere that there is a shop in DTD where you can check your photopass photos and pose for 'proper' photo's, or am i dreaming again? :confused3

im gonna be PhotoPass Photographer starting the spring 2010 Walt Disney World College Program! im so excited, maybe you will see me on here one day :D

I was wondering if anyone has this or has come across something like this. I'm looking for a new camera bag that I could use for vacationing and hiking. (More so for vacation though) Basically I need something big enough for a digital SLR and an extra lens, plus a spot for a water bottle, some snacks, sunscreen and a few odds and ends. I'd prefer something lightweight, and it has to be waterproof enough for water rides and the occasional unexpected downpour. I can't seem to find anything in my price range (As cheap as possible) I found one I love but its way too much $$$. Any recommendations?

I was wondering if anyone has this or has come across something like this. I'm looking for a new camera bag that I could use for vacationing and hiking. (More so for vacation though) Basically I need something big enough for a digital SLR and an extra lens, plus a spot for a water bottle, some snacks, sunscreen and a few odds and ends. I'd prefer something lightweight, and it has to be waterproof enough for water rides and the occasional unexpected downpour. I can't seem to find anything in my price range (As cheap as possible) I found one I love but its way too much $$$. Any recommendations?

I found this one at Sams. It was around $40. It has a removable waterproof bag.

The top zip holds my camera, the 2nd one my additional lens (only one), P&S camera, extra batteries, and snacks (which I put in a Ziploc). There is a netted pouch on the side for a water bottle. It is a real lightweight backpack. I love it.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Just food for thought. There are some fancy water proof bags out there, but I like my Tamrac Expedition. What I do for water protection is carry a couple of the extra large ziplock bags, that you can get pretty much anywhere. The ziplock bag folds up neatly in the outside pouch of my camera bag and it's big enough to fit my camera bag, my wife's smaller camera bag and our phones and such.

Going with that option lets you pick a bag based purely what works for you and then you get cheap, replaceable water protection separate. It ain't sexy, but it's functional and it works.

I have a Kata 467 Rucksack. It has a padded compartment on the bottom that will hold a camera with lens plus an additonal lens or two. Also a large top compartment that will hold personal gear or additional equipment. As for water protection, included is a rain cover that fits over the outside of the pack. Kata 467

It is one of those internet rumors. I read about a test where someone used an industrial magnet made to lift cars and it did nothing to the data on a flash memory card. Any data loss reported by anyone was caused by something else and they were just blaming a magnet incorrectly. Flash memory is not as durable as people think. It is not going to last 50 years or anything.

It is one of those internet rumors. I read about a test where someone used an industrial magnet made to lift cars and it did nothing to the data on a flash memory card. Any data loss reported by anyone was caused by something else and they were just blaming a magnet incorrectly. Flash memory is not as durable as people think. It is not going to last 50 years or anything.

Just like when KTTW cards malfunction - someone always blames a cell phone!

Iuploaded my pictures 410 now i want to edit i had read about making sure to save it to 8x7 and 8x10 so with borders i would be able to print both? This confuses me also do i put a copy unedited to save box of each photos before i add borders not to sure how to do this i prepaid for cd .Also if i want to order other things such as a mug is this easy to do? i am scared i will mess up thanks for help everyone.:cool1::cool1:

I preordered the photopass CD and book for our May 2009 trip. We were there 10 days so we got about 280 photos. I don't think I'd buy this every trip but this was our first trip in 5 years and just the two of us celebrating out 25th annivesray so it was a very nice souvenir and rare opportunity to have us together in photos.

Most of the photographers did the standard pose "put your arms around each other and smile" and shot off 6-8 of the same shot. We did have a few that were creative and made effort to do some fun poses.
A couple of times, we tried to make the intiative to vary the shots, some photographers were willing to play, others were too hot and tired to bother.

Most of the photographers seemed willing to take a guest's point and shoot cameras and take a photo for them. I think I'd do that if we were going for a shorter trip. But overall, we were pleased that we got the package for our anniversary trip.

How did you book turn out?

I am going to have my camera too.. but if they are going to take shots too.. might has well let them..

I am bringing my camera too.. (D40 with Sigam 18-250mm)..

-Charlie

Hello all, I'm looking for that *ideal* magical camera bag. I don't know if it exists. I kinda like the Lowepro slingshot stuff, and maybe there's a model that can accomodate me...

I want something not too cumbersome, so I can go in the parks ( and any other travel destination easily ) with my canon rebel XTi and both its lenses. I would also like a "stuff" pouch that can fit a water bottle, and maybe a small sweater? and in a perfect world, it would have room for a laptop as well...

Am I asking too much?

I've got the Lowepro Slingshot100 and love it. This last time I squeezed my XT body, Tamron 18-250, Canon 75-300, Canon 18-55 and a Canon Nifty 50 all in the lower camera area. I was able to get our point and shoot Canon in the top with my wallet and keys. This was only to get through airport security so everything was in one place. For traveling arond lowepro makes a water bottle carrier that can be attached to the bag on the back or side or you can use it on a belt. It's also big enough to fit 2 rolled up poncho's when you have a chance for rain.

I've got the Lowepro Slingshot100 and love it. This last time I squeezed my XT body, Tamron 18-250, Canon 75-300, Canon 18-55 and a Canon Nifty 50 all in the lower camera area. I was able to get our point and shoot Canon in the top with my wallet and keys. This was only to get through airport security so everything was in one place. For traveling arond lowepro makes a water bottle carrier that can be attached to the bag on the back or side or you can use it on a belt. It's also big enough to fit 2 rolled up poncho's when you have a chance for rain.

Another vote for the Slighshot and optional water bottle holder. I need to get another water bottle holder for my son so I dont have to carry his.

There are a number of slingshot models in various sizes. I'll probably go a bit larger when I replace this one, if just to have somewhere to put all the non camera stuff I tend to accumulate (maps, bandaids, tickets, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter