• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wonder how accurate my GPS is. I think it is a problem with a lot of programs...since it would seem to me that anyone who noted how far their program said they ran in the phm had it record more than the 13.1. For me... using runkeeper... it recorded 13.46 and that was start to finish not including the long walk from the corral to start....or the main stage to corral.

My GPS had 13.3 for the PHM and I stayed on course..but didn't always run the tangents. for the full in Jan I had 26.7
I have run a local 10k and it was right on, 6.2

Ohhh...can't decide on PHM 2014.... Trying to get onto DL 1/2 to do a C2C ...also want to go skiing next feb and refuse to ski before the race....have a fear of breaking something and not being able to run !:rolleyes1

Glad to see some of my fellow posters from official PHM 2013 thread over here !

Gryhndmom said:
Ohhh...can't decide on PHM 2014.... Trying to get onto DL 1/2 to do a C2C ...also want to go skiing next feb and refuse to ski before the race....have a fear of breaking something and not being able to run !:rolleyes1

Nice to see you, too! Wanna treat me to airfare to Cali? LOL.

Gryhndmom said:
You know if I would just win the powerball and get my own jet life would be sooooo good and then I could swing by various cities and pick up my friends...oh the party on board !:cool1:

Ooooh, that sounds lovely. I'll be waiting! Please stop at Palm Beach International.

the other thread got closed so I couldn't respond. I went skiing 2 weeks before the full in Jan and was scared to death some one would crash into me. I am a slow enjoy the view skier.

Hope you get into the DL 1/2 this year. got my c2c in 2010, such a cool medal.

Woohoo! Can't wait for our Princess in Training shirts for Surftown!

Just ran five miles today and broke my best mile time in the Nike+ run app. Does anyone else use that one? I like it, but I definitely wonder how accurate the GPS is.

Nike+ was notoriously inaccurate for me. I never noticed it being too off, until one day I ran around a track, with exact mileage, and the Nike+ app was .45 miles over. But then I ran a 5k, and it went nuts. Had me doing my first mile in 4 minutes and it had 4.65 miles over the 5k. That's when I got a Garmin, couldn't chance under training due to an inaccurate run keeper.

Nike+ was notoriously inaccurate for me. I never noticed it being too off, until one day I ran around a track, with exact mileage, and the Nike+ app was .45 miles over. But then I ran a 5k, and it went nuts. Had me doing my first mile in 4 minutes and it had 4.65 miles over the 5k. That's when I got a Garmin, couldn't chance under training due to an inaccurate run keeper.

Geez, didn't realize Nike+ was so buggy! That's a bummer. Where did you buy your Garmin? That might be a nice investment to keep in mind.

Following along here now! Really a year until phm?!? Geesh! It's only been a week and I miss it already.

Since the 2013 PHM thread closed, I hoped I might find the answer here.

For those who are familiar with runDisney deferrals... What happens if you're registered as a team? Can both registrants defer? I am planning to register for 2014 PHM with my teammate from 2012 & 2013, but there is a possibility a medical issue may get in the way, and I won't know until much closer to the race. Does how far in advance you will know make a difference? Any info would be great!

We are doing the DDD for C2C again this year and a slim chance that we'll repeat at TOT. (Yes runDisney races are addicting-- beware!)

TiggerAllie said:
Since the 2013 PHM thread closed, I hoped I might find the answer here.

For those who are familiar with runDisney deferrals... What happens if you're registered as a team? Can both registrants defer? I am planning to register for 2014 PHM with my teammate from 2012 & 2013, but there is a possibility a medical issue may get in the way, and I won't know until much closer to the race. Does how far in advance you will know make a difference? Any info would be great!

We are doing the DDD for C2C again this year and a slim chance that we'll repeat at TOT. (Yes runDisney races are addicting-- beware!)

I can't answer your question about team deferral but I can tell you they have a deadline of a month before the race to get all deferral paperwork in. I'm sure they would be able to make exceptions after that though, they are really great.

I'm trying now to sign up for races. What is the cut off date that runDisney will take as far as 10K time proof? Is it any race after July 1? (I'm not even sure where I got that date)

Hi ladies. Moving over from the 2013 thread; but I do hope I'll be able to run the Princess next year as well :)

I just wanted to say hi and send my thanks for all the support for signing up for another Half after only a few weeks. You guys gave me the push I needed to sign up for the RnR Half DC in two weeks! Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think it said July 2011 when I read the registration last year. It might be July 2012 for the PHM 2014

But don't hold me to that!

Joining in here! The princess half will be my first half marathon and I can't wait. Just have a long year of training ahead of me.

annmarieda said:
I always wonder how accurate my GPS is. I think it is a problem with a lot of programs...since it would seem to me that anyone who noted how far their program said they ran in the phm had it record more than the 13.1. For me... using runkeeper... it recorded 13.46 and that was start to finish not including the long walk from the corral to start....or the main stage to corral.

Well, I've tested my RunKeeper app against a few courses at home where I knew the mileage and it was pretty spot on.

But for the Princess, I clocked in with 14.2 miles run ?! Now, I did some significant weaving and made one out of the way bathroom stop, but I still didn't expect it to be that off. I know it started to get off by mile 5, which is about where I started stopping for photos and the course got more crowded. At least, that's my explanation for it.

Well, I've tested my RunKeeper app against a few courses at home where I knew the mileage and it was pretty spot on.

But for the Princess, I clocked in with 14.2 miles run ?! Now, I did some significant weaving and made one out of the way bathroom stop, but I still didn't expect it to be that off. I know it started to get off by mile 5, which is about where I started stopping for photos and the course got more crowded. At least, that's my explanation for it.

My RunKeeper clocked at 13.65 miles. Just about near impossible to run a perfect 13.1 given how they have to measure the course for validity. I had a bathroom break and the usual bobbing and weaving. Tried to stay to the inner rim of the mile 10 overpass as well.

adtillma1 said:
I'm trying now to sign up for races. What is the cut off date that runDisney will take as far as 10K time proof? Is it any race after July 1? (I'm not even sure where I got that date)

July 1 was the date to submit a time by.(but you can always bring proof into the expo to have corral changed) I think the race itself can be within the last couple of years, but the exact I am not sure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter