• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

Hey, I've tickets and flights booked for 8 days in September and I am going to stay here! I've never been in any hotel with this theme so it will be fun!

I know it just opened but I was just wondering as I can't figure it out, do all of the rooms have outdoor corridors? Also I always try to request a room close to the reception/dining/transport to parks areas, what would the best room to book so I could be close to these?

That they are too firm.

Strange. I found them to be a little soft so I wanted more since I flatten it with my big head. Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks.

Here's the link to my review here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261638

Also, I added it to TripAdvisor because man they needed some more positive reviews. The stuff people complain about on vacation I can't wrap my head around.

I believe that they would have transportation for scooters and wheelchairs since the boats do.

Here's a bus video. It looks like there is perhaps room at the front of the bus for the scooters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPfxDhBI-SY

If they have transportation for guests without disabilities, they are also required to provide transportation for guests with disabilities.

The area toward the front that looks like it has grab bars may be for wheelchairs and ECVs.

Only going on my experiences in Washington, DC.

The seats immediately behind the driver fold up, which allow for wheelchairs, and I am assuming scooters. There would be a hydraulic lift either at the front or most likely at the mid-rear.

The issue will be that the buses can probably only take 2 wheelchairs at a time.

If this is a make or break, I would call them directly. Sometimes hotels will have wheelchair accessible transportation, but it is a specially equipped van that you have to reserve.

I have heard that CBBR is putting a hold on credits cards for $100 per day for the option of being able to charge to the room. I have never heard of a hotel with a policy this severe. We are staying 7 nights, so I'm guessing that if we want to charge food and drinks to our room it we should expect a $700 hold at the beginning of our trip? Does anyone know if this is accurate? I don't want any surprises when we arrive, but I can't find any documentation on their websites of this policy.

I have heard that CBBR is putting a hold on credits cards for $100 per day for the option of being able to charge to the room. I have never heard of a hotel with a policy this severe. We are staying 7 nights, so I'm guessing that if we want to charge food and drinks to our room it we should expect a $700 hold at the beginning of our trip? Does anyone know if this is accurate? I don't want any surprises when we arrive, but I can't find any documentation on their websites of this policy.

I would call the front desk to make sure. This is something I've gotten in the habit of doing as something to budget for during the trip.

There is mention of it on tripadvisor.

I just booked two nights in October! Thanks to all you lovely people on the disboards I actually called in and asked about the CAA/AAA discounts which they do have at Cabana Bay. Its just two of us so we're getting a standard room. Standards are $149 and Poolside Standards are $164 per the US website. Using the CAA/AAA discount I got poolside standard for $147.50 a night. With taxes it comes to $332 total for both nights. I just need to bring my CAA card to show at check in.

So thank you all for the great tip! More money saved to spend on butterbeer and lard lad donuts! ::yes::

I just booked 4 nights in May with ebates and got an additional 15% off the rate through Orbitz! I got a Courtyard family suite poolside for 4 adults. The cost online through Loews was ~$660 including taxes, but I got the same room for $575. :cool1: Fingers crossed for soft openings from 5/20-22!

I just booked 4 nights in May with ebates and got an additional 15% off the rate through Orbitz! I got a Courtyard family suite poolside for 4 adults. The cost online through Loews was ~$660 including taxes, but I got the same room for $575. :cool1: Fingers crossed for soft openings from 5/20-22!

Yay!!!

(Courtyard Family Suites sounds like a completely different hotel!!!)

They only do this for Debit credit cards.

Are you allowed to pool hop?

This is what it says on the FAQ section of Loews Hotel site regarding pool hopping from Cabana Bay...

"Yes, guests of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort have access to the all on-site hotel pools, Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and the resort Kids Camp. In addition, Cabana Bay guests may dine at any of the restaurants at all three on-site hotels."

It also says the exact same answer on the Universal Orlando website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter