• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

We are staying at Cabana Bay right now, and are very happy with everything so far. This place is SUPER nice and we have never stayed anywhere like it before.

If anyone has any questions, let me know! I will try to check back at some point tomorrow. But it will be our first day in the park, so... who knows. ;)

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find anything
If you are staying at RPR, can you use the pool at CB?

Loving reading all the comments and checking out the videos of this hotel. We are spending 3 nights there the middle of May before our Disney Cruise and I really can't wait. We are happy to get the extra hour in IOA to be able to ride Harry Potter and hoping that the parks won't be that busy so wouldn't be in need of express passes. Looking forward to more reviews and photos coming through. :)

We are staying at Cabana Bay right now, and are very happy with everything so far. This place is SUPER nice and we have never stayed anywhere like it before.

If anyone has any questions, let me know! I will try to check back at some point tomorrow. But it will be our first day in the park, so... who knows. ;)

Can you post some pictures?

That would be great!

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find anything
If you are staying at RPR, can you use the pool at CB?

We believe that to be the case because pool hopping is allowed at all the other hotels. However, I don't believe it has been confirmed.

We usually stay at the Doubletree. How would you guys compare the walk from there to the parks verses the walk from Cabana Bay?

We usually stay at the Doubletree. How would you guys compare the walk from there to the parks verses the walk from Cabana Bay?

It is probably very similar. The visitors' walkway has not been completed yet, so no one has walked the actual route.

I'll get there in the early hours of Sunday (I won a trip!) and saw a picture of the diner and it looked like there was a refillable drinks mug. I tried searching but no answer yet so I would love to know if there is a refillable drink program at Cabana Bay. Many thanks.

I'll get there in the early hours of Sunday (I won a trip!) and saw a picture of the diner and it looked like there was a refillable drinks mug. I tried searching but no answer yet so I would love to know if there is a refillable drink program at Cabana Bay. Many thanks.

tumblr_n3csz3ooJ11qh5vtfo1_500.jpg

Are you allowed to pool hop?

To be honest, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. The hotel itself apparently is very nice and the amenities and theming are wonderful, but it seems that there is still a significant amount of "logistics and backend" problems that need work. A number of AC units in guest rooms don't work, several water pipes apparently blew and aren't providing fresh water to one or two rooms, etc..., but keep in mind, it's their first day and half of the hotel is still under construction. The good news is that, beyond all the Disney media junkies who aren't actually paying for their rooms, there aren't that many people there, so they have some leeway to work these small kinks out. Online, it looks really nice though. Very impressive!

Ya, I've read a few reports that people don't like the pillows. There sounds like there are a ton of power outlets all over the place, so that is a plus.

Generally though, the reviews are very positive.

Jim Hill had a good article ... http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...e-going-to-go-over-big-with-baby-boomers.aspx

Thanks damo!

It would be nice if it were possible to have one for parks and resort so we had less mugs to worry about (even if it were the same price $17.99 + $9.99 for each park day relating to length of stay). It would be better for the environment and not mean multiple mugs for guests.

Thanks damo!

It would be nice if it were possible to have one for parks and resort so we had less mugs to worry about (even if it were the same price $17.99 + $9.99 for each park day relating to length of stay). It would be better for the environment and not mean multiple mugs for guests.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen soon.

Can anyone post pics, locations of the pool cabanas? Are they numbered? Which ones look like they are in good locations? We are thinking of taking a day off and spending it at the pool and possibly renting a cabana. TIA for any cabana insight/info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter