Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

We are booked for a three night stay in October! Looking forward to it - LOVE the themeing! Vintage, retro and kitsch! Just my daughter and I this trip - so booked a standard room. A new hotel AND HHN - what's not to like? Will be following along to learn more! Thanks!

Hello!

I got questions about the prices coming with activities there:

I heard...

The Gym was complimentary

You'll have to pay 8$ to rent your tube to go in the Lazy River... Is it true?

There was a fee for Bowling... but how much?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I got questions about the prices coming with activities there:

I heard...

The Gym was complimentary

You'll have to pay 8$ to rent your tube to go in the Lazy River... Is it true?

There was a fee for Bowling... but how much?

Thanks in advance!

Bowling is $15/person/hour and shoe rental is $4.

Lazy river doesn't open until June 16. I don't know if there is a rental fee there.

We were planning on booking for just one night this fall at Hard Rock once the AP rates came out, but in all of the DA excitement, we decided on two nights. I could not believe what a great AP rate Cabana Bay had. I am booking here right now!!

Are there any maps or layouts of the rooms. I hadn't even been researching this hotel; I feel so far behind. I'm so excited!

We were planning on booking for just one night this fall at Hard Rock once the AP rates came out, but in all of the DA excitement, we decided on two nights. I could not believe what a great AP rate Cabana Bay had. I am booking here right now!!

Are there any maps or layouts of the rooms. I hadn't even been researching this hotel; I feel so far behind. I'm so excited!

The difference in price is because CB doesn't offer the Unlimited Express Passes. I just wanted to make sure you're aware of that :) Though it is supposed to still give you Early Entry and looks like a fun hotel! There are some reviews of it and a Trip Report about it from RapStar I think on the Trip Reports board :)

The difference in price is because CB doesn't offer the Unlimited Express Passes. I just wanted to make sure you're aware of that :) Though it is supposed to still give you Early Entry and looks like a fun hotel! There are some reviews of it and a Trip Report about it from RapStar I think on the Trip Reports board :)

Yes, I'm aware of the no express pass, but I'm more sure I will even leave Potter (lol), and that won't have express yet anyway!! Thanks though!

I am so excited to be spending the last night of our 5 night vacation at Cabana Bay! Can't wait to check out the lazy river, the bowling alley and the rest. Should be a great ending to our stay at UO!

When I called to change my last night to CBBR from RPR, the reservationist told me that anyone from any of the resorts could come use the lazy river/pool at CBBR in case anyone was wondering. I don't know why I was under the impression that you had to be staying there to use the lazy river. Possibly just confused with SAB lol.

I am so excited to be spending the last night of our 5 night vacation at Cabana Bay! Can't wait to check out the lazy river, the bowling alley and the rest. Should be a great ending to our stay at UO!

When I called to change my last night to CBBR from RPR, the reservationist told me that anyone from any of the resorts could come use the lazy river/pool at CBBR in case anyone was wondering. I don't know why I was under the impression that you had to be staying there to use the lazy river. Possibly just confused with SAB lol.

others have been told by reservationist, over the past few weeks, only guests at Cbay were allowed to use the lazy river/pool

if the poliy has changed, it should be put on the website.

I thought she might be mistaken about that but wasn't going to argue with her.

Anyway, after watching a youtube video of someone riding the lazy river at night with the lights twinkling, I felt compelled to do that myself and changed our last day from RPR to CBBR. We'll still have the ep that day, and early the next morning it will be time to start the long 12 hour drive home so we wont need ep then.

Since we have only ever stayed at HRH, this trip should be very interesting since we will be at RPR then CBBR. Maybe next trip we'll try PBH!

Does anyone know if the hotel is finished? Call be crazy but we might stay one night July 5 before moving to PBH. We thought of arriving mud morning and spending the day at the pool. Then if they are doing EE for DA on Sunday we can do EE then return to CB and go over to PBH.

Was wondering if anyone is aware if Cabana Bay's Bell Services have refrigerators onhand to keep groceries (milk etc) cold? We plan to pick up some groceries on our way to the resort and will probably be there 10:30am so not expecting our room to be ready.

Hey y'all.

A few questions please....

Is there a shuttle schedule posted anywhere on here? Does anyone know which building the shuttle stop is closest to?

Also, is there a thread with pics/menus of the places to eat there? Thanks! :thumbsup2

Was wondering if anyone is aware if Cabana Bay's Bell Services have refrigerators onhand to keep groceries (milk etc) cold? We plan to pick up some groceries on our way to the resort and will probably be there 10:30am so not expecting our room to be ready.

So I found out, according to another website I came across, that yes, luggage services at Cabana Bay has refrigeration. Incase anyone else was curious! :thumbsup2

Questions :-)

Do all the rooms have a mini-fridge? We have a standard room, poolside. I wasn't sure if just certain sections.

Any recommendations on what room/area to request to be close to the shuttle?

Is the entrance to the pathway near the shuttle stop? I'm thinking we'll probably take the shuttle but my understanding is that the walk is only about 10 minutes.

Any help appreciated!

On a long weekend with at least two RTs a day, never more than 15 minutes including the wait for the bus.

I'm curious. Is the shuttle drop off where the standard guest drop off is where you need to go upstairs through the hub and then through Citywalk? I thought it took about 15 minutes just to walk from that point to the parks.

I searched through some of the threads and one mentioned there might be a map in one of the posts, but I couldn't find it. I found a reference on ***************, but it seemed to indicate the same thing, that the drop off is at the hub and would take around 15 minutes to get to the front gates from there.

If it really is only 15 minutes from lobby to gate, that would be great.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter