BWV finally gets its own bus!

We were at the BWV bus stop this morning at 9am and waited about 40 minutes for the bus, the time kept getting pushed back in the electronic board. Also stopped at Swan on the way. Bus was empty when we loaded but full of people standing when we left

Thanks for the update. If the bus monitors are correct, they are great. However, when the continue to update to a later time over and over, it is frustrating.

Thanks for the update. If the bus monitors are correct, they are great. However, when the continue to update to a later time over and over, it is frustrating.

A few years ago the WDW bus system went through a software upgrade. The intent was to add GPS tracking, a communications dispatch terminal so the driver wouldn't have to use the radio, computer dispatching, adding buses as needed, a guest counting system on the bus to determine how full the bus is, the scrolling display on the bus, theme music and recorded announcements on the buses and the display boards at the stops.

My understanding is that the vendor started the project then went out of business.

Most of the system seems to be working now except that the beams placed across the bus doors have trouble counting passengers and the adding buses as needed isn't being used.

The bus monitors at the stops change as the buses are delayed at other stops or they get delayed in traffic.

:earsboy: Bill

We were at BCV from 10/1 - 10/9/15 and the new dedicated bus to MK was in place. Worked great--we never waited more than a few minutes for a bus. In fact, one morning we were the only two on the bus to MK and another day the only two on the bus to AK (despite stops at Swan/Dolphin). We weren't leaving early or anything--perhaps 8:00 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. openings. I can't speak to the return trips since we would take the monorail back from MK and the EPCOT bus from AK.

What time would you get to the bus stop to get the first bus to the MK for a 9 a.m. opening?
No later than the 8 AM bus. It may only take 20 minutes to get there (if you don't have to stop at another resort), but you are also trying to get through security and to the front of the line for park entry. The queue starts backing up and it is more pleasant not to get stuck in a bottle neck at park opening time.:scared:

If I had an ADR I would be on the 7 AM bus... it is the first run of the day. Get to the bus stop by 6:50 am to be sure you didn't just miss it. (My experience!)

We always rent a car when we stay at Disney ... considering what I've heard about parking availability at BWV I'm hesitating for our upcoming trip in 2016. This bus info is good news.

Can anyone tell me - how bad is the parking availability is at BWV? We are there in late August 2016.

If I can't find a parking spot, what are my choices. I've heard valet parking is an option - if yes - how much does it cost?

Thank you.

Just came back from a week at BWV. Our experience with busses was excellent. We were at MK very quickly. Bus was dedicated to BW when we used. Also used bus for Disney Springs (DS). When we took bus from DS to BW bus was not dedicated BUT BW was first stop.

Like any change I'm sure there will be some hiccups. I'm glad to see this change, it only makes sense since they seem to want to discourage self parking at BW (based on website stating parking is limited). At no point did I think a car would be quicker, as I have at times in the past.

I just got part of my answer - $25/day for valet parking. Valet parking is available/transferable for the entire day at all resorts that offer valet parking. In short --- THE BUS IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER :-).

We used the bwv to mk bus yesterday and was pleased. We rent a car but decided to try this after reading this post. All went well. We waited 10 minutes each way. We will use it again to go to mk.

I just got part of my answer - $25/day for valet parking. Valet parking is available/transferable for the entire day at all resorts that offer valet parking. In short --- THE BUS IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER :-).

As other threads address this, It is my understanding that guests of BW are able to self park, those visiting may need to valet. I have not seen any recent comments that a guest of resort was unable to self park.

We had no parking problems last week at BWV. The guards were very effective.
Here is a photo of the bus monitor at the BWV bus stop. I loved the dedicated bus to/from MK!

As other threads address this, It is my understanding that guests of BW are able to self park, those visiting may need to valet. I have not seen any recent comments that a guest of resort was unable to self park.

Yes, you're right about being able to self park as a hotel guest: my concern is with a potential situation where our family would be staying at BWV and due to the lot being filled we wouldn't be able to find a parking spot open on a given day. I'm assuming that valet would be our only option at that point. Does anyone know if another option is open to guests staying at the hotel if all the 'regular' spots are filled? Thanks!

Yes, you're right about being able to self park as a hotel guest: my concern is with a potential situation where our family would be staying at BWV and due to the lot being filled we wouldn't be able to find a parking spot open on a given day. I'm assuming that valet would be our only option at that point. Does anyone know if another option is open to guests staying at the hotel if all the 'regular' spots are filled? Thanks!
I can't recall hearing that all spots in the lot behind the Hess have been filled...its just a long walk.

Although, I have heard of VGF guests needing to Valet as all self-parking spots were full during a convention at GF.

I can't recall hearing that all spots in the lot behind the Hess have been filled...its just a long walk.

Although, I have heard of VGF guests needing to Valet as all self-parking spots were full during a convention at GF.
Thanks, perhaps renting a car isn't such a bad idea.

I'm assuming (it has been about three years) that there's no charge to park a car at the parks if you're staying at a DVC resort/onsight?

Thanks, perhaps renting a car isn't such a bad idea.

I'm assuming (it has been about three years) that there's no charge to park a car at the parks if you're staying at a DVC resort/onsight?

No charge to park at a theme park if you are staying on-site. You still need to stop and let the guard scan your band; unless you are staying at a resort that still has the paper parking passes (BWV and BLT I know for sure still have them). The only park I take the rental car to is AK...that lot is small and manageable.

I am very happy to hear about the BWV bus. We avoid going to MK when staying there because I refuse to park there and the bus would take forever.

I was chatting with a CM that was at the Contemporary bus stop a couple of weeks ago (he had an i-pad and was monitoring comings and goings I guess). He told me that some of the older busses that will be phased out soon do not have the GPS...and that is why you will sometimes not see a time on the board. There is also an issue with the GPS when in the Fort Wilderness area. Now....if only they would have a bus from BLT to Epcot. I took me one hour, door to door, to get to Epcot via monorail.

Does BWV have own bus for all 4 theme parks or just Magic Kingdom ? Someone clarify , please . Thanks.

Does BWV have own bus for all 4 theme parks or just Magic Kingdom ? Someone clarify , please . Thanks.

BWV does not have a bus at all for Hollywood Studios or Epcot, as you can take the boat or walk to either park (except if a violent thunderstorm occurs and the boats are not allowed to operate.....there are supposed to be busses supplied in that case). I am pretty sure BWV shares a bus to AK with the Swan and Dolphin and it stops at Blizzard Beach (when open) before going to AK. I took a bus from AK to BoardWalk a few months ago, and it stopped at Blizzard Beach, then Coronodo Springs (2 or three stops there) and finally the BoardWalk. Not sure what the deal is any more with Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter