BWV finally gets its own bus!

Arrive next week too. More info please. I avoid the buses, but would reconsider.

automaticsoap beat me to it. I assume it starts immediately, but the article didn't specify.

I am here know and a CM told me they were going through some growing pains with the buses, since they changed routes , large turnover, and new routes. I have not experienced any problems at AKL and it seems there is a never ending stream of buses coming into the resort. A dedicate bus to BWV and BVC would be most welcome.

I am here know and a CM told me they were going through some growing pains with the buses, since they changed routes , large turnover, and new routes. I have not experienced any problems at AKL and it seems there is a never ending stream of buses coming into the resort. A dedicate bus to BWV and BVC would be most welcome.

BCV has mostly just shared with YC for quite awhile. That's been nice.

This should be a welcome change for BWV. Our April trip definitely shared with Swan & Dolphin on many routes. What would really be nice would be the "next bus comes at..." signs that they have at only a few locations now (I am aware of Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Port Orleans). We can only hope that they roll that out to all resorts (and Disney Springs!) soon. :)

We were at BW in May and shared with all five resorts--BW, Yacht, Beach, Swan and Dolphin, stopping at each. It was terrible and we drove alot which meant dealing with the parking issues there.
Happy to see this change.

This should be a welcome change for BWV. Our April trip definitely shared with Swan & Dolphin on many routes. What would really be nice would be the "next bus comes at..." signs that they have at only a few locations now (I am aware of Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Port Orleans). We can only hope that they roll that out to all resorts (and Disney Springs!) soon. :)

The bus estimated arrival sign was up at Boardwalk when we were there early September.

About time!!!

I might have to book another stay at BWV.
It never seemed right that I had to waste time stopping at non-Disney hotels.

I agree! I love staying at the boardwalk and could not understand why we had to share a bus with a non Disney hotel. I'll be back in March to enjoy the dedicated bus.

Recently there. BW now has its own bus to MK, and when you get to MK you will now see position 13 is S/D and 14 is BW. However, BW still shares the AK and DD buses with S/D and in case of DD that can still sometimes include YC/BC

They also have an electronic board at the BW bus stop that shows estimated arrival times for buses, e.g., you can show up at 9:30 and it might say the MK bus will be there at 9:42.

Last edited:
The bus estimated arrival sign was up at Boardwalk when we were there early September.
However, it does not work all hours that the buses are running. We were just back and had to catch the 1st bus that runs to the MK at 7 AM. The screens were all dark, so we had no way of knowing if the bus was enroute, or we had just missed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter